Vannin' Home
Posted By: Vanessa Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - January 12th 2021 11:41 pm
1976 Dodge Tradesman 200 - "Vanessa"

Doing a restore on this beauty.
Blinker stopped working, and the right side break lights.

Have had myself, plus two mechanics take a look at this issue. The issue is a corroded wire. She needs a new "multifunction light switch/ marker switch" which is housed inside the steering wheel on this van. (See pictures attached). I am having a hard time finding one that matches for this van.

I am thinking this one looks like a match:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-1970...62789310746?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Any suggestions ?

Attached picture IMG_5108.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5106.JPG
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - January 13th 2021 3:54 am
Welcome to the site Vanessa ... the Dodge boys will be along shortly ...

Again welcome
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - January 13th 2021 3:13 pm
Welcome from Maryland. I need to replace it in my 77 Dodge as well and was going to start researching.
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - January 13th 2021 6:04 pm
Part number is 3489474, Turn Signal Switch, a quick search of ebay and that item isn't cheap. Partsvoice shows none available.
Posted By: NateB Re: Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - January 19th 2021 3:54 pm
I wonder if a computer electronics repair type shop could fix the wires??
Posted By: Rancho_Deluxe Re: Multifunction light switch/ marker switch - February 12th 2021 9:02 pm
Hi Vanessa, I'm about to embark on this process of replacing the turn signal switch as well. I've found that there are discrepancies with parts numbers. if you want to figure out the exact part number look at the bottom of the column where the terminal coupler is, peel back the covering of the wiring and you should see a red tag wrapped around the wires with the part number on it, I have the same year and it reads 4271838. Generally all the Mopar turn signal switches from this time period are the same, with the differences being the the terminal coupler and flasher lever as far as I can tell. I think I'm going to try my luck with this part, because the NOS parts are expensive https://www.amazon.com/Shee-Mar-SM113-Turn-Signal-Switch/dp/B000CKLA6G
© Vannin' Community and Forums