Vannin' Home
Posted By: purplesporty17 79 dodge side door rubber - April 08th 2020 2:35 pm
i know this has been beat to death but i cant find the posts for it. my painter tore up the side door, forward, one door rubber. it was brand new from the northwest . he just pulled it off. gone. i keep the van in the garage all winter and during any rain but when i go camping i get soaked. looking for a replacement or even the correct kind that i can glue in place. i am at a loss cause i dont know anything about it. thanks and sorry again for posting an old problem. Bill McIntosh. i am now in west virginia so there are no junk yards to raid. missing carolina and all the yards.
Posted By: NateB Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 08th 2020 4:00 pm
Metro Molded Products has side cargo door seals up to '77. Not sure if they will work on your '79.
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 09th 2020 1:29 am
Did some searching for the door seals, a couple years ago there was still many of these available. Summit may have something that will work. A few places still make for the front doors, but the side cargo and rear doors are hard to find.
https://www.summitracing.com/search...ubber-details/make/dodge/model/b200-van?
Posted By: 1959 Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 09th 2020 1:53 pm
I dont know jack about Dodge vans but try C R Laurence. They have lots of automotive seals and gaskets.
Posted By: glenna Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 10th 2020 2:03 am
Have you tried Steele Rubber Co?
Posted By: captainchrysler Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 10th 2020 10:52 am
The rear side door is different on the lower rear corner only, angles instead of squared off. I have used newer gaskets on the older doors with repositioning some of the clips and shortening the length a little. In a nut shell, cut a little out of that corner.
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 16th 2020 1:28 pm
thanks for the answers. this is crazy. now i wish i had gotten an older one. like a 77 lol
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 16th 2020 5:40 pm
I see a couple of the manufacturers list the seals for that year as "Out of Stock", have you contacted them to see if they are planning on producing more. Also, has anybody ever used the 71-77 years on the 78 and newer years. I do know most of the weatherstrip made for the Mids nowadays has a thicker bulb and generally the doors are tough to close after installation. A salvage or wrecking yard would probably be the best chance of finding some at a good price.
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - April 22nd 2020 9:50 pm
https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubb...-cargo-door-rubber-seals-from-metro.html
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - June 02nd 2020 7:10 pm
guess i will try to find newer style and cut to fit . thanks for answering
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: 79 dodge side door rubber - July 07th 2020 10:00 pm
no luck
© Vannin' Community and Forums