Vannin' Home

Lights On Buzzer

Posted By: nikothenomad

Lights On Buzzer - February 10th 2019 8:39 pm

Since we live in our van full-time we often do not exit via the driver's or passenger door but instead through our side door. Sometimes when we arrive somewhere we are simply moving to the back to sit down and never exit a door.

Our headlights only have a lights on buzzer that sounds when we open the driver's door. Since we sometimes have to turn them on during the daylight due to small two lane roads or rain sorts of conditions when we arrive at our destination we can forget that they are on.

I would like to do something that would mean when we key off a buzzer would sound to tell us that we left the lights on.

Thoughts on how to go about this?
Posted By: frscke1

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 10th 2019 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by nikothenomad
Since we live in our van full-time we often do not exit via the driver's or passenger door but instead through our side door. Sometimes when we arrive somewhere we are simply moving to the back to sit down and never exit a door.

Our headlights only have a lights on buzzer that sounds when we open the driver's door. Since we sometimes have to turn them on during the daylight due to small two lane roads or rain sorts of conditions when we arrive at our destination we can forget that they are on.

I would like to do something that would mean when we key off a buzzer would sound to tell us that we left the lights on.

Thoughts on how to go about this?

Chevys are like that already .... you shut off the key or remove the key N your lights are on there is a buzzer
Posted By: CatFish

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 10th 2019 11:43 pm

Kit on etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/629538...MvKuy4AIVBR6GCh2WuAXBEAQYASABEgKJ_PD_BwE

On ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/233095472262?chn=ps&var=532582737884

Summit Racing sells 'em too : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...0nK6y4AIVno2zCh1InQ92EAQYBCABEgIkN_D_BwE

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 11th 2019 1:05 am

Interesting catfish. didn't think about a kit of anykind. I was more wondering if i could somehow just run a wire from actual buzzer to some area of the 'key off' signal deal.
Posted By: Lionvan

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 11th 2019 2:29 am

If I take the key out of my Outback or Crosstrek the lights go out.
Posted By: CatFish

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 11th 2019 4:53 pm

Nicole you may be right. I'm not familiar with Dodges but if the mid 90's models have a headlight warning buzzer, and you could get a look at that wiring diagram, then an update would make an excellent Nicole project. grin

Re: Lights On Buzzer - February 11th 2019 7:59 pm

Lionvan - now that would be an option to create but on our 88 that is definitely not oem.

Catfish - True. True. My mind is already working through thoughts.Perhaps I can figure out a way to trigger the door open doohickey everytime the key comes out. Hmmmmm.

Frscke - Would be nice if ours was like that already. I assume it wasn't an original design considering the door open key out lights on buzzer works.
© 2019 Vannin' Community and Forums