Vannin' Home
Posted By: nikothenomad Holes in Exhaust System - August 30th 2017 11:16 pm
Hooked up a vacuum cleaner on 'exhale' to the exhaust and located all of our leaks today. Seems we've been getting more of it inside lately than usual so decided to finally bite the bullet and figure it all out. There were several areas (many that were expected and a few surprises).

Anyway, we are not interested in full break downs and repairs and want to patch things up for now.

Based on reviews I've ruled out JB Weld for this application but am still deciding between something called Thermoweld and a product I've seen that seems to be called Muffler Weld (they may be the same thing).

I need something that works like JB because I've got to be able to get it into places like around the bottom of the manifold at its attachment points and around the crossover tube attachment points but it needs to stand up to the heat of the whole system.

Ideas? Experiences?

For photos of the process check out the blog... www.nikothenomad.blogspot.com

Cheers.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Holes in Exhaust System - August 31st 2017 2:27 pm
Spend and get new parts. All patch options will give out soon.
Posted By: nikothenomad Re: Holes in Exhaust System - August 31st 2017 6:26 pm
ovanner... sure new parts is an option but not the one I am looking for. I wanted to know if anyone has used thermoweld or other muffler weld products and how they worked for them.
© Vannin' Community and Forums