Vannin' Home
Posted By: soundhd How To Connect An Aftermarket TAC to a 91? - May 23rd 2022 9:01 pm
How do you go about connecting an aftermarket tachometer to a 1991 with a 5.0 and the stock TBI (throttle body injection) system? Is there a certain type of TAC I should use? No racing, just a cruiser…just want to be aware of what the engine is doing.

Thanks
Posted By: Wedgy Re: How To Connect An Aftermarket TAC to a 91? - May 25th 2022 6:30 pm
Hey there, I'd think you could take the signal wire and attach it to the negative on the coil, I believe is where it goes. If I am not mistaken.
Ford or Chevy!
Posted By: lukester Re: How To Connect An Aftermarket TAC to a 91? - May 27th 2022 6:54 pm
Yeah it's the negative side. Here is a video that might help.
youtube link
Posted By: soundhd Re: How To Connect An Aftermarket TAC to a 91? - May 27th 2022 7:21 pm
Well I found a video on U-Tube that shows (and explains) that there is a white wire coming out of the coil pack that is not used for anything (that I am aware of anyway) but you connect the “tac” or green wire to that white wire…has a factory type connector on it (found mine today) and I will (when the the time comes) see if I can find the “correct” connector to make the connection.
© Vannin' Community and Forums