Vannin' Home
Posted By: Spank718 straight 6 cylinder to a small v8 chevy - March 04th 2021 3:27 am
I need help switching a inline 6 cylinder to a small v8 350. What motor mounts or bases work? When asked at the parts shop, they said the motor mounts are the same. My mechanic said that the passenger side base wont work from the inline 6. Help...……………………..
Posted By: kursed Re: straight 6 cylinder to a small v8 chevy - March 04th 2021 5:03 am
I can't say for sure as I haven't personally compared the two styles, but hopefully someone that has can chime in soon.

These are what are in my van, I would assume they are the originals that were in it when the previous owner swapped to a V8 from the original L6 as they don't look like they were ever removed. My van did originally come with the 4.1L (250 cui.) inline six, and the previous owner swapped in a mix-match 5.7L (350 cui.), we are almost done swapping in a 5.0L (305 cui.) and this van is a 1982.

My guess if there are any differences at all, it would probably just be where the mounts are attached to the crossmember, but I doubt that even changed. I suppose the part of the mount that bolts to the engine could be different.

Looked them up on Autozone's website and both Inline 6 and V8 are using the same exact part numbers for both passenger and driver side, so I'm betting they are all the same.

Sorry for the lack of specifics, hope this at least helps a little.

Attached picture 20191228_140034.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2021-03-04 000131.png
Posted By: samhain Re: straight 6 cylinder to a small v8 chevy - March 04th 2021 6:41 am
On what van? I can say first gens Crossmembers aren’t the same as I’ve modified them.
Posted By: NateB Re: straight 6 cylinder to a small v8 chevy - March 04th 2021 4:36 pm
Go on RockAuto.com and get the OEM genuine mounts. They're not that expensive.
© Vannin' Community and Forums