Vannin' Home
Posted By: Dylan Chevy Van Engine Rebuild Idea/Question - August 10th 2020 7:10 pm
I was doing some thinking about what I would do god forbid something happened where my vans engine (305) blew up/stopped working/needed a refresh. How possible would it be to rebuild the engine without removing it from the van?

I'm talking tearing it down as much as possible, until you run into something that requires you to remove it from the vehicle. I'm thinking you could just remove the front grille/radiator/lights, etc. to get yourself some more room up front, probably drop transmission if you're willing to go that far. Anyone who has torn engines apart before have an ideas of the problems you may run into, or is this just a dumb idea all together? Let me know!
Posted By: shaggy Re: Chevy Van Engine Rebuild Idea/Question - August 10th 2020 9:13 pm
You can do pretty much everything top and bottom end with the engine in the van. BUT It's a lot harder to work on and probably easier to pull the engine and do it on an engine stand.
© Vannin' Community and Forums