Vannin' Home
In my 77' G20 I put in new window seals in the front two doors. The seals fit nice and tight but when I crank the window down the window ends up coming out of the mechanism. I am thinking of using a glass/metal glue in the tray to secure it. Would this be a bad idea?
They are held in place with a rubber sleeve in that tray. I would take out the tray remove the old rubber that is probably rotted out clean up and paint the metal "tray" and seal the glass back in using a polyurethane sealant ( I use a product called Tiger Seal but don't know if that's available in the US).
Originally Posted by shaggy
They are held in place with a rubber sleeve in that tray. I would take out the tray remove the old rubber that is probably rotted out clean up and paint the metal "tray" and seal the glass back in using a polyurethane sealant ( I use a product called Tiger Seal but don't know if that's available in the US).

Thank you!
Looks like it's available in the states as well. I've heard of the stuff, but haven't used it yet.

[Linked Image]

https://www.jbtools.com/u-pol-produ...ffMibhYXMVgSyRxJiNsCOahHaChoCf28QAvD_BwE
Yeah that should work , you could etch the bottom of the window too for extra adhesion.
© Vannin' Community and Forums