Vannin' Home
Posted By: Mitch73g Anyone had a door seal issue with l.m.c. - May 20th 2018 12:12 pm
I have a 73 g20 shorty. I have been trying to get her too not fill up with water when it rains when I got her she was rusted out inside the front cab. I went and ordered the door seals from l.m.c. that says my year in the catalog. Yesterday i finally had a little time to really look at it and the seals have little pins sticking out of them and the doors have no holes for them. Looks like my seals were glued on in 73. Do I try to drill the holes or pull the pins and glue the seals on?
Thanks for any help you can give me on this
Posted By: Erik43 Re: Anyone had a door seal issue with l.m.c. - May 20th 2018 1:35 pm
i think it be easier and better to pull the pins and use the adhesive, you dont want to drill holes, it can turn into a nightmare
Posted By: Greenstreak Re: Anyone had a door seal issue with l.m.c. - May 24th 2018 2:38 am
Agreed. Pick up some weatherstrip adhesive and glue them on. It is a contact cement and it works very well. I used Permatex brand when I did seals last summer.
Posted By: Mitch73g Re: Anyone had a door seal issue with l.m.c. - June 01st 2018 1:38 am
Thanks for the info I was starting to think I lost my mind
© Vannin' Community and Forums