Vannin' Home
Posted By: SDMickey Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - June 16th 2022 5:40 am
Hey guys; it's that time I need to chose an EFI system for my build. I was set on the Holley Sniper and then my engine builder recommends the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4.
The reviews seem to be split and then I came across the you tube video on the Edelbrock by Vinny Costa; editor of Street Muscle Magazine. I liked what I saw and heard.

What's ironic is that Orange County Hot Rods in Corona CA was one of the builders I drove out to as one of my choices.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks Mickey chevy
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - June 16th 2022 4:32 pm
I've never had either, I've always stuck with the Edelbrock 1406 which is a 4 barrel around the 600 CFM range. It is tuned out of the box, only very slight adjustments are needed and you can swap jets really easily. I have heard a lot of people use the Sniper kit though...
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - June 16th 2022 6:19 pm
I know you are a busy man; when you can check out that video on the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 and see what you think; Thanks as always Charlie
If your builder is recommending one over the other, it's possible that it's because that's the one he knows how to set up properly.

My buddy has a military Humvee that he put a Chevy 454 in.
He used the Holley Sniper.
He had a bunch of issues at first because of the nature of the install, but Holley was really good about helping him get them resolved.

The Humvee is now a monster with 40" mud tires on it that will go 100 miles an hour, and he uses it as a daily driver.
LOL

If I was going to do an aftermarket EFI, I'd go with the Sniper, but only because my buddy already knows a lot about it.
Posted By: kursed Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - July 16th 2022 7:47 pm
I know several guys running the Holley Sniper system and they all love it. I can't say anything about the Edelbrock as I have no experience with it, but I do know the Holley system works great.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - July 17th 2022 6:00 am
After seeing the video and the research; I like the idea the Eldelbrock is a self learning system and adapts to location and driving conditions. What's ironic is the guy in the video; owner of Orange County Hot Rods in Corona CA showed me an old school Blazer with the set up and that closed me.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 01st 2022 2:57 am
Did a complete turn around after talking with some folks. Ordered the Holley
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 04th 2022 12:44 pm
scared of both, the warranty turn around is horrible with Holley now that all of the electronics are made overseas.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 04th 2022 9:22 pm
Hope not to have to cross that bridge
Posted By: kursed Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 05th 2022 1:13 pm
Did you ever get the Holley system insallted yet?
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 05th 2022 5:35 pm
No Sir; so many set backs and was on back order forever. Hope to have it in by end of month.
Posted By: kursed Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - November 05th 2022 5:45 pm
Originally Posted by SDMickey
No Sir; so many set backs and was on back order forever. Hope to have it in by end of month.

Hope so, keep us posted sir.
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - February 13th 2023 1:03 pm
Never seen the Edelbrock in person. I've seen my brother set up and tune a few holley snipers. Works well when running. Anything "self tuning" is just using a wide band and AFR target and making adjustments. Most decent aftermarket ECU's can run closed loop and do this, but definitely go with what your tuner is most comfortable tuning and you are comfortable running and paying for lol. Usually get the best results.
Posted By: 1983 G20 Van Re: Holley Sniper vs Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI - May 09th 2023 6:29 am
Originally Posted by Alikazam
Never seen the Edelbrock in person. I've seen my brother set up and tune a few holley snipers. Works well when running. Anything "self tuning" is just using a wide band and AFR target and making adjustments. Most decent aftermarket ECU's can run closed loop and do this, but definitely go with what your tuner is most comfortable tuning and you are comfortable running and paying for lol. Usually get the best results.

I know this is an older post, but I just scored a complete, never used Proflow 4 SBC system in the Summit Racing Bargain cave at 1/2 the cost that I am installing on a modified L31 Vortec 350 that is replacing a gutless 6.0L LS engine in my 87 G20. Very nice looking setup. Hopefully it runs as good as it looks. It is a full sequential, self learning system with wideband closed loop and uses a smart phone or tablet for setup and minor adjustments. It controls both fuel delivery and timing advance. It supports forced induction as well. At the end of the day it was worth the $1200 for the manifold, fuel rail, throttle body, sensors and injectors. If I end up hating the edelbrock EFI controller, I will wire a P59 LS computer up to it and run it on a 2005 Mexican GMT800 350 based tune.
© Vannin' Community and Forums