Vannin' Home
Posted By: Vanereal_Disease 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - August 23rd 2017 5:01 pm
So im getting into a complete 350 rebuild and im shopping around for cams. Ive had good results with an Edlebrock cam 2117 or 2102. i cant remember which. I will be using stock heads and headers with an Edlebrock intake and carb.

What are your prefernces?
Posted By: Vanereal_Disease Re: 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - September 21st 2017 5:37 am
Nobody likes cams?
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - September 22nd 2017 9:10 pm
Personally, no SBC cam experience (yet). I like the Edelbrock approach as a package.

This is going back some years, but I helped a friend put a 350 together for his Chevelle, and we used a Comp Cams 268H in it, and it ran very nicely. Just a fresh 350, stock heads, intake, Holley 4bbl., headers. As you can see in this chart, on their example engine, they are making about 330 lb. ft. of torque at 2k rpm, and it only goes up from there. They are using a Dart S/R head (S/R = Stock Replacement) however. Not a wild head by any means, but = to a very good factory head. But I think you get the picture.

COMP Cams 268H
Posted By: Vanereal_Disease Re: 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - September 25th 2017 3:14 am
Thanks, Dyno! I will take that into consideration. I'm getting my rotating assembly back from the machine shop soon so choosing a cam is the next step.
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - January 12th 2018 7:51 pm
Depends on what you are doing. If you are shooting for MPG's, that will be a different cam than one for towing. Do you want a smooth idle, or are you willing to sacrifice some driveability for a radical idle? Stock heads, or aftermarket? Big valves or small? Headers or stock exhaust?
Posted By: Magus Re: 350 Rebuild.... what are your preferred cams? - January 13th 2018 12:29 am
Hes right, numbers depend on piles of factors.
Are you rebuilding the heads, springs, are you going roller rockers?
Size of the valves? intake, carb, exaust size, emissions?

Ive used from 283 to 545 lift.
The good thing about a 350, it can be anything you need, but it needs planing right from the beginning.
© Vannin' Community and Forums