Vannin' Home
Posted By: Anonymous Astro intake - July 30th 2002 5:03 am
Whats going on everybody, this message board looks dead for the astro area, where are all the astro users! Anyway, I hope to get this board going a bit more, and hopefully i will get some answers to my questions, first question is I am looking for an intake for my Astro, and wll, they seem to be difficult to find, found one, but it was $250us, and well, thats alot, it was made my edlebrock, anyway, if soemone can help me out, i would be gratefull. thanks and,Keep Vannin!

Wingzy

Posted By: Astro4X4 Re: Astro intake - July 31st 2002 2:13 pm
GM performance Parts has some 4.3 intakes. Ever entertained the idea of slapping a V8 in there? Really easy to do.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Astro intake - January 17th 2003 2:16 am
I built an air intake for my '95stro from black abs, hose clamps, and a rubber downspout transition (amazingly fits the 4.3 inlet pretty well) about $12 in parts - then added a K&N filter for another $45. Works great !!!
Posted By: Bryce Re: Astro intake - January 24th 2003 11:54 pm
I just used the Hypertech Power programmer on my 2000 Safari. There seems to be a noticeable difference by my seat of the pants calibration device. Other than a K&N I have no other power mods, yet. Is it worth 350 bucks? I suppose when summer comes and I can use some of it's other features.
© Vannin' Community and Forums