Vannin' Home
Posted By: ozzmonaut My 69 Econoline - January 22nd 2021 9:16 pm
So I decided to stick with the Boyd Coddington mag wheels I had pictured in another thread. Tires are 205/70r15 on the front and 275/60r15 on the rear. I like them more than I thought I would. The rears are wide and a little taller than the front, but no rubbing issues. Probably because the backspacing is only 4.25". So anyway, here it is on the farm. She ain't no beauty queen but comments/criticisms are still welcome.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: My 69 Econoline - January 23rd 2021 12:20 am
welcome to the site from Pittsburgh!
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: My 69 Econoline - January 23rd 2021 1:36 am
I don't even see any links.
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 23rd 2021 3:40 am
I removed the links to try to get the actual pics to post. I will keep trying. Had no problem when I posted a pic in another of my threads. Thanks for the welcome newkirk, I did an intro thread as well and I think you had replied to it as well.
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 23rd 2021 3:42 am
Got flikr and got the images posted.
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 25th 2021 2:09 am
When I go to the farm later this week I will get some pictures of the engine and the interior and interior parts. The guy that gave the van to me had the front seats out to recover. He also had the middle seat out to recover and he threw all of those in. He gave me a rear seat that folds into a bed that is not original to the van but he said I could have it if I wanted it. I said "Bring it on!". He had a few other interior trim pieces, but I doubt I will use them.

So far, the only money I have invested is $50 I gave him to trailer it over and $217 for new tires for the rear. It seems to run pretty strong, I don't see any leaks, but the carb needs rebuilt I think. He had already converted the front to disc brakes, and added the booster. To do this, he had to remove the original hood latch support, so I need to find a later hood latch. He gave me a spare hood as well. Also gave me some spare engine parts he had laying around. I need a rear window for one of the doors. I hope to make time this week to go to a local junkyard that has several of these old vans. I will post pictures of what I come back with.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: My 69 Econoline - January 25th 2021 3:26 am
Nice score. good luck on your Journey.
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 25th 2021 7:31 pm
Thanks. I am definitely excited to fix this one up. I used to live in an 80 Chevy van. I picked up a mustard yellow vinyl loveseat from Salvation Army for $3. It folded into a bed and fit right between the wheelwells. I really wish I could find something like that for this van. I had a lot of little custom space-saving things I did to that van. Now that my skillset is a bit more varied, I hope to do some really cool things to the interior of this Econoline.
Posted By: lukester Re: My 69 Econoline - January 26th 2021 2:42 am
Looks pretty good and you can't beat the price .
Posted By: Sweet_Spot Re: My 69 Econoline - January 26th 2021 3:15 pm
Welcome to the site!!
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 27th 2021 2:52 am
Originally Posted by lukester
Looks pretty good and you can't beat the price .
I bet I could even double or triple my money if I wanted to get rid of it!! lol
Posted By: SDMickey Re: My 69 Econoline - January 27th 2021 3:42 am
ozzmonaut. You are so Lucky.
Posted By: ozzmonaut Re: My 69 Econoline - January 27th 2021 5:05 am
A little luck and a bunch of kharma. I had given him a bunch of VW parts in the past. Plus he is into 1st gen Econolines and not so much the 2nd gen.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: My 69 Econoline - January 28th 2021 3:15 am
You Scored ozzmonaut. Hope your Karma train keeps rolling.
© Vannin' Community and Forums