Vannin' Home
Posted By: catahoulabulldog The Blue Dajiban build - June 22nd 2018 2:50 am
So same as NMvanner here NMVanner Dajiban build

I just scooped up this 96 shorty to be a race bike hauler... well race trailer hauler is closer I guess. I stalked this forum and chadsci's build since someone posted the youtube video a while back in my facebook feed and this thing was a smoking deal and only 15 minutes from my work exactly the type of van that is popular to convert so off we go. Im away for the next few days at a race track in NY I hope to have it somewhat converted by the next time I am there later this summer so I can take a run with it. ;) 1st annual U.S. DVAN RACE? ;)

Hoping to hit the key basics. lowered suspension. wheels and tires. race exhaust! whatever that is on a van (I am a bike guy to be honest)..

Also on the list front end rebuild, new brakes all around and some racing buckets ( which sort of pains me because the interior is fairly mint already has buckets in sweet "confetti" colors! I guess Ill see what I can find for seats I just need to make sure they fit me. anyway. not the best pic but its a start!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: The Blue Dajiban build - June 22nd 2018 3:41 pm
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: catahoulabulldog Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 04th 2018 6:05 pm
Ok so it’s been a bit but I do have some progress to report. Mostly small items as I decided to focus on making things drivable and more so cute my trust issues after having to be towed home. The engine is in good shape but needed some TLC. Some
Fresh oil, replaced the leaky A/C charging valve and put in a fresh charge. Electrical tuneup with new plugs and a few other fuel air related items seems to have gotten it on track and I even passed CT emissions. The last time it will need to be done.... other than that I got myself a new radio installed cleaned up the dash area and gauges while i was there and decided to just get some tires on it so I could use it (the originals were down to the cords) up next is new front control arms, brakes and pads. Oh and a new exhaust setup... lol here is a photo of the first home improvement run... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 04th 2018 6:23 pm
Looks good! It's a nice feeling to have a bunch of needed chores done on the van.
Posted By: 225 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 05th 2018 7:15 pm
New guy here...

What suspension components are you guys using to lower the Dodge vans with?

I've always wanted on of these and would make a great "daily" to compliment my 4WD Ford 7.3L van.

Thanks!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 05th 2018 8:02 pm
Welcome to the site 225 ....
Posted By: 225 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 06th 2018 7:40 am
Originally Posted by frscke1
Welcome to the site 225 ....

Thanks!
Posted By: Tat2ace Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 06th 2018 8:39 pm
I dig the R/T emblem.
Posted By: catahoulabulldog Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 17th 2018 8:25 pm
adds at least 10hp! ;)
Posted By: lukester Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 18th 2018 2:16 am
That's a good looking van you got there.
Posted By: catahoulabulldog Re: The Blue Dajiban build - September 20th 2018 2:13 pm
might have a significant update soon.... muhahaha
Posted By: catahoulabulldog Re: The Blue Dajiban build - January 10th 2019 4:00 pm
So, after finding a 2002 shorty 1500 I was going to sell blue along. that didn't happen dude sold it out from under me after paying to have it trucked to me. Oh well, Off season race bike projects started so the van has had to wait. and while bike progress is paused for engine work and the weather here in the North East has been warm enough to do work on it outside, it was time to give blue some love. New front brakes rotors and calipers as well as New Serp belt, Idler pulley and belt tensioner a few smaller replacements while the dog house was off and shes running like a top. Next doable project is the exhaust and tow setup. saving the drop for warm weather.

Work was "Drive free candy van to work day" on Tuesday
[Linked Image]

looks good from here..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - January 10th 2019 9:37 pm
Sweet Dodge
Posted By: catahoulabulldog Re: The Blue Dajiban build - March 13th 2019 6:17 pm
so after a little more work the van seems to be running great Ive been able to sub it in for some runs here and there and things have been fantastic its warming up in the NE and I need to turn my eye to lowering the 2500 still unable to really lock down info but hey..
Posted By: frscke1 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - March 13th 2019 7:58 pm
this guy is pretty low ...

Originally Posted by RoboforcerX2000
Let's put more boogie in the van!!! I lowered it again:)
I put my summer wheels on which are 2 inch less in diameter (17s with low profile tires vs original 15s) and that dropped 1 inch. Cut one full turn of each coil and dropped around 2 inches. Now between 2 inch drop spindles, lower wheels and cut coils I have a total of ~5 inch drop at the front, he he:)) The back is coming next as it is only 1 inch drop due to wheels. I will take out 2 leaf springs- one overload that does nothing and next short one, what will be 1 inch drop plus that extra little sag due to weaker leafs. And I can drill another hole in a bracket where front part of leaf springs mounts, approx 3-4 inches higher, what will totally raise my axle by ~3 extra inches. I'd like to milk another inch somewhere for the van to sit level but I can't mechanically without frame mods like C-cut. So my rear will drop ~3 inches and will be ~1 inch higher than my front, that'll be good enough for me until there's time for air bags:)
I officially no longer can drive through speed bumps diagonally. Between the road and my lower A-arm I have 2 inches and a c*nt hair:))

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I need a set of nice alloys... I'm pretty sure my evil financial adviser that I'm married to will kill me for that anyway, but still- does it hurt less when you ask for permission or forgiveness? LOL
Posted By: RoboforcerX2000 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - March 14th 2019 4:11 am
I'm in, love projects like this:)

Originally Posted by 225
New guy here...

I've always wanted on of these and would make a great "daily" to compliment my 4WD Ford 7.3L van.

Thanks!

Welcome!
Lower 4WD? To me it looks like you should *lift* 4WD and lower 2WD, unless you want a 4WD mean-drift-machine:)
Posted By: DontComeKnocken Re: The Blue Dajiban build - May 08th 2019 1:46 am
Originally Posted by 225
New guy here...

Thanks!

Nice van, not sure if you still need this info but there are a couple ways to lower Ram vans. You could either use drop spindles for a mid 90s Dodge Dakota made by Bell-tech. I'm pretty sure this requires the Dakota brakes/ caliper brackets and wheel bearings. You can change the springs in the front but would have to cut or modify the bump stops since the ram vans do not have all that much travel before they bottom out on the rubber stoppers. Its been a while since I looked into lowering mine but there should be good info on lowering one in some older threads.
Posted By: Northern_Redneck Re: The Blue Dajiban build - July 12th 2020 4:00 am
Working on a Dajiban build of my own, gotta fix some crappy body work first though. Good luck!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: The Blue Dajiban build - July 12th 2020 9:52 pm
Good luck and sure someone can help ya!
© Vannin' Community and Forums