Vannin' Home
Posted By: Snotty "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 12:44 am
I thought this might be a fun topic... Pictures of all your vans thru the years.. even if its only one... I was bored today and lookin thru some old photos.. I scanned all my vans I ever owned.. now u can see too!

First one.. bought it when I was 15 with paper route money
69 Ford
[Linked Image]

Second one 77 Chevy did a bunch of work on this one.. then totaled it.. :-(

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Third one was a 75 Chevy with a hurst 3 on the floor.. fun van had this one a longggg time..

[Linked Image]

Fourth was a 87 Astro The child growing up years! LOL I had nice wheels and tires on it however cant find those pics YET!

[Linked Image]

Fifth is my current pride and Joy... My 97 Dodge 4x4

[Linked Image]

Sixth is my other current one the one I bought for my g/f my 72 Dodge with still only 5000 original miles on her...

[Linked Image]

Seventh..78 Chevy.. sorta counts It was mine for a week or so before my son paid me for it now its his 2nd Van he owns...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 1:20 am
Good idea Keith,i'm on my 22nd van, but i know i have some pics laying around somewhere.
Posted By: hurricane2 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 2:14 am
This is a GREAT idea for a thread, gotta get scanning now! laugh I'm on my 9th.
Posted By: BoneHead Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 2:31 am
This is easy! I had a 1972 shorty Ford window van from '72 - '75 - no pics. Since then I have only had one and it is shown to the left of this post and here:

https://www.vanning.com/bonehead/BoneHead_revenge/index.html
Posted By: Denim Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 3:41 am
Cool idea Snotty. Here's my pics. For some reason, I never took a lot of pics of my own vans. If anyone has pics of my first three vans I'd love to see them! My first van I begged and pleaded my parents to loan me the money to buy this '66 Dodge A-100 shorty. I was 17 and vanning was gathering momentum. This is how it looked after I saved up to have it repainted and got decent wheels for it. I loved this van. The color, the body style, the "attitude" everything. It's the blue one in the pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After a few years, I had to get rid of my '66. Besides terminal cancer, the steering box was breaking loose. I didn't have the funds to keep putting money into a van just to keep it running. I needed something dependable. My second van I bought in New Jersey in '76 at Dodgeland. I had seen an ad in Truckin magazine about how they had a huge selection so my wife and I rode down with my parents on a Saturday , picked out our next van, and drove it back the next day! Another shorty.
[Linked Image]

My third van, I bought in the early 80's because I craved a radical van and was too impatient and too poor to build one myself. I saw this one for sale at a van-in, struck a deal and rode a bus out to Conn. to pick it up. It had a side gull wing, no back doors, cougar tail lights, 3/4 raised roof, 400 cu. in. motor, full murals, and a bunch of other stuff. But it was well used and I dumped a ton of money into it before I got tired of it and sold it.
[Linked Image]

My fourth and present van I ordered new in '92 and is my favorite ride. But someday I'll be getting another A-100 to cruise in.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 3:50 am
Cool idea for a thread! My first van, was not very picture worthy. I bought it in 1995 after upgrading from a VW Rabbit. I always wanted a van, and bought the first one I found. It was a 81 Dodge w/ a slanty six. Pretty much drove it into the ground.

I then found the one I currently own and bought it for 500 bucks. It looked like this more or less:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not too pretty. This is much better:
[Linked Image]

I am currently on my 3rd van. A 1998 conversion.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boot Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 3:59 am
awwww, man. You mean I have to count?
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 4:07 am
a cool new feature that you can be emailed on ur "watched" topics... now I know when u guys are posting pics of ur vans!

Denim where is that radical now?? LOL that A 1oo looked sweet too...

Capt who cares if it was picture worthy... LOL look at my first one! dont u have any pics at all?? Keep the pictures coming vanners!
Posted By: GupEBoy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 6:00 am
Great idea Snotty. I'm missing at least one van here.
Here are three of them and you know my current one is in signature.
Gup

My first van was an early I got in '94. A '67 that I dug out of 6 inches of mud after sitting for years. It resides in Pittsburgh now and looks good.
[Linked Image]

I picked this one up in Decatur Il. in '98. It's an '85. Not sure where it is now.
[Linked Image]

My second '67. I flew to San Antonio in 2003 and picked it up from Starlord. What a drive back to Philly.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 4:48 pm
My first van I bought was in 1997. It was a '70 A-100 with a 400cid engine. I drove it for about 3 years befor parking it. It eventually got fixed up and sold on Ebay last year. It now resides in Japan. I bought a '65 A-100 pickup in 2000 as my daily driver while the '70 was parked. Pickup was sold in '02 or '03.

Second van I got in 2001. It was a '69 A-108 Family Wagon high-top camper. Was my daily driver until 2003 when I bought a '70 Dart Swinger. Kept the van until 2004 and sold it to my bud Brian. He kept it until this year. Sold on Ebay and is now in Canada.

Third van was a '69 A-108 Xplorer 21 RV purchased in 2003. I never got it on the road officially, though I put lots of time and money into it. Sold it to Brian and he still has it.

Fourth van I bought 2004. It's a '94 B-250 Conversion van which I drive everyday. Still drive it and still love it. Comfy. Sold the Dart on Ebay in 2004 as well. Haven't had a car since.

Fifth van I bought was another '69 A-108 in 2005. Was green with a slant six and auto trans. Sold it to a vanning.com member (Pegasus) and it is now in Ohio.

Sixth van I bought is a '77 B-100 Tradesman with 400 engine. Still have it and am currently fixing up to hopefully drive soon. Maybe bring it to the Nats if I get it reliable.

Seventh van I bought is an '85 B-250 Ram Wagon. Got it off Ebay. It has a slant six with auto trans. I still have it and drive it once a week.

Posted By: loosweel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 5:04 pm
hey denim,i remember seeing you're third van the ADIRONDACK truck-in back in 82 or 83,if i remember right it was for sale,i have a couple pics. of it somewhere because i was interested in buying it,but i had a 75 dodge shorty at the time,do you know where it is these days?
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 5:04 pm
I have pics somewhere, just need to dig them out, and scan them.
Posted By: GupEBoy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 5:25 pm
I just found out you can't edit post.
Anyway, here was the day I purchaced the '85. Now the only problem was finding a way to get two vans home from Illinois to Pa. That story is too long but it involves a trip to Tenn. and rod bearing replacement in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn. You can read that story in Leadfoots first Van Magazine.
Gup
PS. And look, even in '98, I had a Moon Lite Vans shirt. I guess it was destiny.
OK, I just found out you can edit if yours is the latest post. LOL
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 5:32 pm
Originally Posted by GupEBoy
I just found out you can't edit post.

Yes you can Gup. There is a little box at the bottom of your post on the left that says edit. Only you can see it on your posting.
Posted By: Virtual Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 6:56 pm
My vannin days started back in August 1976 when I bought this 67 Ford Supervan just a week before Van Canada 76. Went to Van Canada 76 and 77 with it. I sure didn't buy it for it's looks:
[Linked Image]
My second van a 74 Ford was my favorite. I went to 14 runs with it that summer and had a blast with it whatever the weather:
[Linked Image]
Here is a shot of it at Van America 1978 on the track at Watkins Glen:
[Linked Image]
My third van a 65 Chevy only made it to one van evant, our club meeting about 2 miles from my house. Boy did I have big dreams for this one, but fortunately the guy at the body shop set me straight on how much it would cost to do it right:
[Linked Image]
So I bought this 79 Ford to replace the Chevy and worked at a van shop that summer. I did not get to take home too much money as I was almost working for parts (lol) good thing I was still living at home.
[Linked Image]
After that one I took a few years off vanning, went to a few events without a van including 3 Nationals, then in 2000 I bought my workhorse 95 Safari I still have today. Here's a shot of it at the 2005 Nats beside Baby and Superbeast:
[Linked Image]
In 2005 I had this crazy idea to do Panelfest ... I didn't even have a panel at the time so on a whim someone told me about this one and I just had to buy it. It was built by a writer for Street Trucks so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Here's a shot of it after Vanfest 05 in pretty good company:
[Linked Image]
I was thinking about selling it but I might just keep it for 2007 and it sure would be nice to bring it back to Vanfest for a third time and to the Nats.
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 10:36 pm
Well, I dug out the only 2 pics I have of my 81 Dodge. They aren't too revealing, but here they are:
[Linked Image]

It was white (painted with a brush) and black around the wheel openings. It had a "shore tie" just behind the driver door which I did like a lot. (I just mounted one in my black van this summer up underneath) The inside wasn't much. Wood paneling poorly put up, shelves in weird places and a odd looking closet thing. Nasty brown carpet covered the floor. The one redeming factor was the bed was well constucted and comfy to sleep on. I used to throw a futon matress on it and bedding and take off for weekends. I did have fun with this van, and enjoyed it. I just never got to see the plans I had for it through because as I stated before, I drove it into the ground. Then I found what was to be 'Black Diamond'.
Posted By: CatFish Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 10:38 pm
I got the '88 in 1991.

[Linked Image]

Since it's a Ford I really haven't needed another one.
Posted By: Natural_State Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 05th 2006 11:36 pm
I don't have any way of scanning, But I do remember my first, and all those in between.
First was a '74 Ford with a 6cyl, manual trans. That was back in '85/6? Since then I've had a
'61, '62, '72, '75, '77, '77, '78 Ford vans
'66, '70, '71 Chevy vans
'68, '72, '74, '76, '77, '80, '82, '88(current) Dodge vans
'56, '63, '64, '66Kombi, '68, '71, '72, '74, '75 VW vans
Besides Cobalt, the '62 Falcon is the only other one I have any pics of....
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 06th 2006 2:41 am
let me think, last count was 18 vans, I'll list them later after I look for pics,tho 9 of the vans are in my mural on my chop top.
Posted By: Denim Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 06th 2006 4:51 am
Loosweel and Snotty, I sold the '77 Dodge to a girl localy in late '91. I've heard from a couple of people that they have seen it on the road but I haven't. I spent almost 3 grand getting the bodywork redone and repainted in black Imron. The "bodyshop" really screwed up the job, I took them to small claims court, won the case (judgement of 6 grand), he claimed chapter 7 or 12 or whatever and I only got partial payment (about $1200). Live and learn. I know I have more pics somewhere. Oh and the early? Man I LOVED the paint scheme! The guy never painted a van before. Told me to pick 3 shades of my favorite color and he'd go from there. Very happy with the results.
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 6:58 am
Most of you that know me from here and the chat room know i am a big Chevy fan.My first van was a Ford of all things.
I bought this Ford in the fall of 78.made my first Truck In in 79
the former owner had a nice start to the van and i added my own personal touches to it.It was a rebuilt 289 with a 3 speed(back wards) floor shifter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

An air brush artist by the name of Vic Curry did the art work on the back doors.

[Linked Image]

My next van was my 1st Early Chevy.This van I boughtt for 800.00 and completly rebuilt the whole van and had it painted.Rebuilt the six and installed a later modle sycronised 3on the tree tranny in it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got tired of driving a pick up back and forth to work so I bought a 77 Chevy Van for a daily driver.Which got totalled in front of the bar we held our van club meetings at.A couple of weeks after the accident I bought my first band new van.Here is a picture of it leading a convoy of fellow vanners out of "Van stomp" in 86

[Linked Image]

I thought it was cool that it still had the temporay tags on it an I already had a brand new set of Cragers all the way around it

[Linked Image]

The next summer I got the "Right" tire and wheel combo on it

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Being a daily driver I had her set up with a set of truck rallies for the winter

[Linked Image]

..............Wookee

Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 11:51 am
Hey Wook, Chevy guy or not, that Mid-Ford was cool no matter how you look at it. I'm diggin' the "Jerry's Chevrolet" tag since I'm from Balmer too hon. I guess you just had to go to Jerry's! smile
Posted By: dan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 12:54 pm
Nice Vans wookee, in that 2nd convoy pic, it looks like Johns(Dutchmen) van 'Baby' before it was muraled by Harold?
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 4:35 pm
That was Pat Mc Phails "Beach Crusier".Nate knows Pat.I am pretty sure Pat still has the Crusier along with a few other vans.
3 of the nine vans in that picture are still around.Resting comfortably in a garage.......
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 4:50 pm
Yep I know Pat. I bought my '77 Dodge from him. I believe he still does have that van (a '71 Dodge) but I think it's in pretty sad shape now. He has a Chevy "show van" down at his garage...don't know the name of it, but it's a black shorty with gull wing doors and some crazy bodywork.
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 07th 2006 10:24 pm
Late starter here. In 2000 I bought my first, a 1990 Plymouth Voyager. Then in 2003 bought a 1995 Voyager (current winterbeater), and in 2004 I got my '91 Voyager (now a trailer) and a 2000 Caravan. The ex-wife took the 2000 Caravan, when she left, April of this year. Thats when I replaced her with my '91 RAMVAN, and just recently got a '92 Voyager parts van for $50. So that works out to 6 vans in 6 years, with 4 siitnig in my driveway still.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 12:39 am
Can anyone post a pic on here for me.Just can't get it but i will continue trying.
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 1:24 am
I will post any pics for you. Email them to me. Brad
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 12:43 pm
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1
Can anyone post a pic on here for me.Just can't get it but i will continue trying.

How bout this picture [Linked Image]
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 2:42 pm
Well here are mine not including the three Mini's.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And now the photo below and a mini.
Posted By: Pat ALTRUK Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 4:22 pm
Chip from Altruk
This his Bad Ass Chop "Low Enough" in the 80's
[Linked Image]

This is the same chop today
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 9:11 pm
Wow, they took the Vista Cruiser roof out.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 9:25 pm
ya know what Cap't I too noticed that right away! scrooled up and down and thought... what the?? LOL I must be learning to be detail oriented just like U! :-)
Posted By: Pat ALTRUK Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 9:26 pm
Good Eye Captain!
They got tired of the thing leaking all the time plus with the Vista, it kinda took away from the Chop.
They cut the roof off one at a boneyard and replaced the whole rear section.
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 9:39 pm
I also like the"Phantom" grill better than the Van Trek grill.
Where are a few other discrete changes on this van all done very well........Wookee
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 08th 2006 9:57 pm
I too like the phantom better. Also I have to say I am a big fan of the mid Dodge front end, but the molded bumper works very well on this one.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 13th 2006 6:49 pm
C'mon guys! I know more of u out there have pics of ur vans thru the years!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 12:36 am
Can't figure out how to post the damm pictures.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 12:21 pm
RESIZING PICTURES

To start with picture sizing should always be done first. Open the picture you want to use with a photo editing program. I use Microsoft photo editor (it comes with windows). If you want to save your original picture, copy it to a temp directory first. With the picture open, click the image tag on the toolbar and click resize. Then click the arrow under the percentage on the right side and reduce the picture size. Reducing will keep the picture looking good, but increasing it will make it blurry. Then just close it and save it and it will be smaller. View the pictures at 100% to see the actual size it will appear on the screen when posted. If using for an avatar, the picture should be approximately 1” square.

Picture Posting

Before beginning, open your photos and crop and/or resize them so the forum page remains a normal size. Some pictures have been huge.

First, start by obtaining an account with a photo sharing web site. I use “photobucket” www.photobucket.com It is free to use up to a certain amount of storage space. Follow the instructions on the site to upload the pictures to their web site. After uploading the pictures, you will see the picture as a thumbnail with three boxes below it. these boxes contain links to the pictures to be used on other sites.

Now, to put the pictures on a forum, the easiest way that I have found so far is to copy and paste the link from the BOTTOM box to the forum reply box. It is easiest if you have your “photobucket” account open in one window and your forum open in a second window. This way you can toggle between the two.

Good Luck, Hope this helps!
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 2:23 pm
Photobucket has made it even easier now too. To resize there are buttons you can click that say something like 'Forum size' 'Avatar Size' etc.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 2:53 pm
Memories of some good time truckin,I just love Looking at the photos and the peopl.Great Pics..
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 3:59 pm
Todd, Where are your old pictures?
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 4:40 pm
Hey I saw that Astro at Somerfest back in Sept. Awesome van!
Posted By: Pat ALTRUK Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 5:01 pm
Ok Vanners, Here are mine!
1st Van
My Mid Ford in Feb 1983
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Same Mid around 1985-86
[Linked Image]

How She looks Today
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2nd Van
My 79 Chevy
How she looked when we removed her from her long "Hibernation" in Fall of 1999 ... Only 38,000 Miles click off.
[Linked Image]
Last Year at (Lost Memorial Day) .... 49,000 Miles
[Linked Image]
Chillin at Home
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 9:19 pm
Ok here is the only pic I can find with the Astro with the nice wheels n tires.. had it on the wall at work LOL ...Looks GREAT Pat.. U had that econline a long ass time... same with me and the Jeep in this pic.. had it since 83 or 84 ? although the rust moths have attacted it since... still a good lil snowplow thou!

IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/IamSnotty1/AstronJeep.jpg[/IMG]
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 9:20 pm
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 9:21 pm
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/IamSnotty1/AstronJeep.jpg
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 9:22 pm
ok what the hell did photobucket do? LOL help!
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2006 9:28 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 15th 2006 1:29 pm
The first one would have worked if you put a space between the "img" tags and the link. ALWAYS paste the "bottom" link from photobucket just the way it is and it will work just fine.
Posted By: liljack Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 15th 2006 2:23 pm
Pat's vans are proof that some things do get better with ages. Very nice vans pat. I love that mid ford.
Posted By: Pat ALTRUK Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 15th 2006 4:31 pm
Thanks liljack
Had alot of fun over the years in that Mid ... Hangin out at the Roller Rink, Proms, Drive In Movies, Keg party in the back, 1st Dates, Last Dates, 1st Timers, Many Timers, 1st Truckin, Many Nats, Car Shows and so on.
[Linked Image]

More Improvment to follow, Upgrade the Suspension, Touch up some places on the body, Disk Brakes.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 16th 2006 3:40 am
Ken thats all I did do.. Photobucket updated some.. NOW u have to click the lil check mark box below the picture THEN choose the bottom one.. I figured it out LOL just took a few mistakes!!
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 16th 2006 3:07 pm
"It was my first and it made 2 mags,just wanted to see if anyone remebered it.It ended up in ascrap yard 4 years later.Post it in vans thru the years. Jim TRV "

POSTED THIS FOR JIM!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 16th 2006 5:42 pm
When you highlite the box a little box appears now that says 'copied'. Saves a step!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 16th 2006 8:04 pm
I purchased it new and had Coop and Juan parker paint it.It had the Atom bomb mushroom cloud on the back door and a desolute landscape drivers side.Went to many a great van runs with it.Sold it after 3 years and the asshole wrecked it after 5 months,i couldn't even go look at it.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 16th 2006 11:27 pm
MORE PICS FROM JIM "newkirkinc1" Sorry Jim I copied them to my computer earlier and then was side tracked and started doing something else.. just remembered when I seen this thread that I didnt post em yet! lol oops! the minds gettin old....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BvrWally Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 12:29 am
Wow, great pics in a very nice setting! I can't wait to get some of mine "Scanned" for this topic! Been too busy with this upcoming season. smile
B.W.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 12:36 am
Do you mean we might see it out this year Rollie!This was our 65 Bad Influence,named after my wife.We had some great times with it also,when it wasn't grounded by the host clubs.Sold it to a friend of mine where it sits tucked away in a garage and taken care of.It had a 350 in it and was a lot of fun.It was a no door.
Posted By: BvrWally Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 1:03 am
Disc brakes are on it now, but still needs the "Residual" valves installed. I got all of the parts for a nice "Power Steering" setup ready to go in it now. It will be at the 35th Natz for sure! smile
B.W.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 8:44 am
so your wife was the bad influence Jim? Hmmmmm lol
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 1:12 pm
Yes she was,always hotrodding around and getting stopped.But she had a good time and was coaxed on quite a bit.
Posted By: starwars Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 3:37 pm
my first van a 1978 dodge
this is how i picked up my handle
have to find pics of the other vans i owned
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 3:45 pm
Oh boy I get to post more Early Chevy photos!!!!!!!!!
Rollies van at the 11th Nationals

[Linked Image]

and at the Nationals again in the late 80's

[Linked Image]

More pictures of Bad Infuance

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I hope to see both of these vans again at this years Nationals

...........Wookee

Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 3:49 pm
So Jim, Who was cutting donuts in the field a Spring Thaw with Bad Infuance ?.....LOL........
.......Wookee
Posted By: Native Son Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 5:16 pm
I have pics of my first van but don't know where they are, a 68 gmc telephone van, no windows.

I bought it cheap, spent about 10Gs fixing her up over a three year period, then a buddy came over riding his Triumph 750 chopper and I fell in love with that bike, it was worth a little more than the van but he also fell in love with the van, so after many talks we decided that we would make an even trade.

I rode that chopper as long as there was no snow on the streets and he would be seen all over New England in my old van that I christened little Devil, this van was state of the art for 1976, it had every trick I could think of and an interior to die for, no second hand work on this one.

Anyway about 1 1/2 years after the Dude had owned it he was with 5 other teens drinking, smoking dope and he crashed it somewhere in Western Massachusetts unfortunately all 6 were killed and of course the van was totaled.

The following Summer I crashed the chopper while visiting Family in Lowell Massachusetts and although I came out of it OK the chopper was a pretzel, I guess both the van and bike were cursed from the start....oh ya, by the way, he had named the chopper Lucifer’s Triumph....how weird that both the van and the chopper had the Devil in their names.

If I come across the pics I'll post them.

I have often wondered what would have happened if we never traded those two rides?

I never rode another motorcycle after that crash but I don’t miss it, I did however regret trading that van for it.

My 2nd was a Dodge Tradesmen I think it was a 76 or 77 I don’t remember because after I completed the interior I blew a head gasket and couldn’t afford the work it would take, I sold it for ½ of what it was worth to a guy in Reading MA. I did see it a year later with new paint and the same interior and the owner with a big smile on his face.

My 3rd was a 84 Chevy panel van that I ended up doing the old Starsky and Hutch red and white paint job on, that was a cool ride, and it was out during the time when the show was popular so it caught a lot of attention.

My 4th was a 86 Chevy Conversion with a cockpit designed after the F-15 fighter, wasn’t too customized but it had a ton of $$$$$ in electronics, It was a great drive train and we had a lot of fun on the Powwow trail with that one.

My 5th and present van started out as a 1993 Ford E-350 auto that is currently under construction, I will photo document this one because today I regret not having pics of my past work.
All the plans have been drafted up to convert the van into a pirate ship, this is going to be a blast, and I’m thrilled with the design concept, hope the wife will be my Galley Wench when it is done……aarrrggghhh!!!

I will name the new van “The Red Raider”.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 17th 2006 7:07 pm
It sure wasn't me Wookie,who do you think drove up thru the awards with it.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 18th 2006 11:35 pm
All Right,Johnny O.Today It took about 4 hrs of pulling some pics and then running over walmart to put them on cd.I have so many more pics from my childhood days.(Hell I'm still a Child)lol...

STAY TOONED.....
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 19th 2006 6:15 am
OK JUST GOT DONE LOADING UP ON PHOTO BUCKET,IT'S 1:10 A.M.AND WE STILL HAVE 82 MORE PICS,JUST GETTING TIRED AND SPELLING WRONG.THESE PICS ARE GONNA BRING BACK SOME OLD TIME MEMORIES.

STAY TOONED.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 19th 2006 1:35 pm
Remember to size them down in photobucket before adding them here. I can imagine some of these photos!
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 19th 2006 2:03 pm
I Got about 163 pics,but Mary told me I still have a lot more left.she says we owe her big time for spending 3 hrs in walmart.Thank God for women.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 21st 2006 4:24 am
All right Vanners,Go Identify yourself,I hope we did this right,Go to the link.
Enjoy these moment's on Vanning over the Years.
Posted By: dan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 21st 2006 1:01 pm
Thanks for the memories.
Posted By: Pat ALTRUK Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 22nd 2006 4:34 pm
Hey Todd great shots of some really cool trucks, I love the picture of Rooster.
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/vanlady/vannin%20pictures/

The Mid Ford, "Heavy Metal"
Wild Bill the owner comes to Super Somer every year nice guy.
Still has the van and he's always telling me he's going to bring her out one of these days ...So he Says!

Let's go Vanners submit your old photo's
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 23rd 2006 1:53 am
Nice pics Pat and Todd.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 23rd 2006 3:21 am
Todd Thanks for the pics some killer memories ther especially the Capt Crunch and Roger. Man those were some good times at Stepping Stoned! Dam what some flashbacks!
Posted By: McWheels426 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 28th 2006 4:12 pm
Let's see my first van was a 63 VW Microbus, the fancy one with all the windows in the roof and the big sliding sun roof.
Then I bought a new 69 (yep I'm that old) Dodge Travco Family Wagon pop top camper.
I had a used 71 Dodge Tradesman that I converted with paneling and orange shag carpeting.
I bought new 76 Dodge Tradesman. It was blue so I converted it with red, white, and blue shag carpet for the bi-centenial year.
I had one of the first 84 Dodge Caravans when they came out and a used Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager later on.
I had an 80 Dodge Sportsman that was an ex Navy vehicle.
I've had 3 Chevy Astro vans, a used conversion van and 2 new ones. A 90 and a 97 All Wheel Drives. (As you can tell I'm really a Mopar guy but my Father in law is retired from Chevy and it's hard to beat his employee discount)
I presently have a 68 Dodge Travco Family Wagon and 2 Dodge A108 parts vans, a 68 and a 69. And I just bought the 77 Dodge Royal Sportsman.

I have pictures of some of these vans but somebody is going to have to clue me in on how to post them. This type of forum is all new to me.
Posted By: McWheels426 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 29th 2006 9:06 pm
Well I'm still trying to figure out how add pictures to my posts. If this works this is my 68 Dodge A-108 Travco Family Wagon
[list]
[*]null [Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 29th 2006 9:31 pm
Wow! That is one sweet van!

Under the picture in your photobucket account, there are three 'tags' labled 'html' 'url' and 'img'. Copy and paste the 'img one to your post. It's clost to what you have above except it doesn't have the "[list] [*]null" in it. In fact if you just edit that part out of your post the picture should come up.
Posted By: McWheels426 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 29th 2006 9:51 pm
Ok Thanks Capn Scurvy, I think I got it now. Let me try this again:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 29th 2006 9:59 pm
that is better than showroom condition,I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 29th 2006 11:20 pm
Awesome van you have got there. I bet it does not see too many NY winters. My brother had a similiar one when I was growing up but no where like that condition. It was his hunting, hangout and home when he would get thrown out of the house. Hopefully we will get to see it this summer at LMDW in NY or Super Somer in CT.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 30th 2006 1:17 pm
Looks like it just rooled off the assembly line,awesome.
Posted By: Native Son Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 30th 2006 2:05 pm
OH MAN what a sweet van she is!!!Nice work, LOVE IT!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 30th 2006 2:46 pm
That is one sweet looking Dodge. Has that ever seen any bad weather? IT is unreal. Nice ride.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 31st 2006 6:48 pm
If you want more old pics,when u are in the photo bucket go to vanladys and there is more van pics.The 1st link only shows 80 pics.We loaded 160 or more.
Enjoy..

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/vanlady/
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 31st 2006 8:13 pm
Dam Todd some memories there! Boy we were a bunch of good looking vanners!
Posted By: McWheels426 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 02nd 2007 3:48 am
Thanks for the complements guys but pictures can hide a lot of flaws. It's rust free though. Brian told me he found it in a junk yard in Maryland with a blown 318 and California plates on it. It has a 360 in it now out of a later Dodge van. I had to lower it about 2 1/2" so it fits in my garage and no I don't drive it in the winter. I probably could've this year, we dont have any snow yet. I don't think Brian drove it in the winter either. One of his A100 vans has a snow plow on it though. You got a picture of that one Nate? I was going to repaint it to match my 74 Scotty camper but now that I've bought the 77 Sportsman I'm selling it to my best friend. That's good because it'll keep it in the family (sort of) I had a Travco almost identical to this one in 1969 except it was built out of a Sportsman widow van. This is a Tradesman Street Side Visiion van (windows only on the right side)
[Linked Image]

I found a couple of pics of my 76 Tradesman that I bought new. I did the whole inside in red, white, and blue for the bi-centenial.
[Linked Image]

And this is an 80 Sportsman that I bought at a Coast Guard auction in the late 80's. Still looking for some of my other pics.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 02nd 2007 8:19 pm
cool, another van that has been through the owner ship of A100 Guru Brian Bowie.
It was great to see brian back out at the end of last season at Keystone Madness in this way cool Early Dodge
He went through and replaced the "high teck" mobile home windows with a set of dodge factory windor frames."Tucked" a set of 275/60/15tires on mopar rallies in the rear really cleaning the look of the "rare" A 100 up..........

[Linked Image]

Hopfully we will se Brian at a few events this summer.........
..........Wookee
Posted By: Denim Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 03rd 2007 1:50 am
Yeah Wookee, it's great to see Brian back at some van-ins again!
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 03rd 2007 2:18 am
It didn't take Brian long to get back into the hang of things.Like riding a bike you never forget how to party like a vanner............
Hot Rod Crush also has a 8 door A100 that was owned by Brian..........
.........Wookee
Posted By: maples01 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 03rd 2007 4:30 am
No pix of my first van, wish I had, I swear I took some, but haven't been through all of them, and scanner is doa.
[img]http://rides.webshots.com/album/187360597DROdhQ[/img]
Current van, the white E-350, may go get the previous G-20 above back, I'm missing it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 03rd 2007 11:34 am
Hey Wookee...Pretty soon Brian is dropping that thing off to have tandem axles put in. Should be awesome when it's finished.
Posted By: BvrWally Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 04th 2007 11:33 pm
Here are a couple of pictures of my van through the years. The first one I recently found on an old 8mm film and was not able to copy it very well as of yet?
[Linked Image] I had just purchased her in Virginia Beach May 1974 prior to my departure from the USN.
Second photo is after we chopped her and added the "Vista Crusier" roofline and attached the 1929 Packard Touring Trunk & Power Rear Window!
[Linked Image]
And last but not least as she looks today! Enjoy!
[Linked Image]

I'm really looking to acquire photos of how she looked in the 1976 era (2nd photo). Any one with copies...Please contact me! I did quite a few runs to VanFests in Virginia in those days...If that helps? Thanks B.W.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 20th 2007 6:37 pm
BUMP! c'mon guys! there's nothing better to do now that its cold out then to dig up old pics and scan em and get em posted on here! :-)
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 23rd 2007 2:43 pm
Want to more more....
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 27th 2007 5:29 am
Hey vanners, I just added another minivan, to my collection. Just bought a 1984 Dodge Caravan, 2.6l, 3spd auto, and 178,000kms. It will probably be my new winter beater for now, as my '95 Voyagers trans is leaking real bad. So currently in driveway is 1984 Caravan, 1991 Voyager trailer, 1992 Voyager, 1995 Voyager, and My 1991 Ram Van. Here is a pic of my new '84.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 05th 2008 10:49 pm
Bumpin' this back up again.... Its time to dig out the photos again and get this thread rollin! It's Cyber Vannin season! LOL
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 07th 2008 1:13 am
I seem to be missing all my fullsized vans. I don't know how that happened. So i'll fire in some of them now.

My '91 the day after I bought it, not even plated yet.
[Linked Image]

A month later, on way to first vannin, Van Fest '06, never made it.
[Linked Image]

As seen at Nats '07.
[Linked Image]

My '89 Parts van.
[Linked Image]

And now in mid build.
[Linked Image]

And my '82 Maxi 1 ton.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippieluke Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 08th 2008 11:39 pm
ok well i dunno how to put them in the post but heres my vans

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/hippieluke/van3.jpg

i got it for free and heres what i did

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/hippieluke/van47.jpg

yes i no it a crap a team van but i loved it and it was a nice beater

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/hippieluke/my%202%20%20vans/DSCF2149.jpg

this is my 89 shorty i still have it and stored for the winter

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/hippieluke/my%202%20%20vans/DSCF2135.jpg

my 86 4x4 still have it but dead partin it out only last 5 months
i am goin to use the 4x4 parts for my new van

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/hippieluke/my%202%20%20vans/untitled.jpg

and the new van its an 94 the newest thing i have owned and my first diesel 6.5 soon to run on vegetable fuel
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 1:27 am
cool hippieluke!
Posted By: Ocirus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 2:13 am
I LOVE seeing this kind of stuff. All are very nice. I have only had 2 in my life and you can see 'em both by going to my cardomain links below here. The Ford was the first. I LOVED it but had to get rid of her before any real work got started. The other is my 87 Dodge Maxi I am working on now. Still do not know what direction to go in with it, but you will know ASAP!

Enjoy!
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 12:12 pm
Unfortunately I don't think I have any pics of my past vans. I'll have to scrounge around.
Posted By: kevin nh Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 3:10 pm
Heres my 2nd van from when I lived in New York. I am looking for pictures of my 1st Dodge van. It was nothing special but in 1988 I was Vannin in my own van. I was 18 years old and didnt have to travel in my parents van anymore. But I did have to follow them to van runs cause I always got lost..lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ocirus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 7:32 pm
That van is cool to the max. Love the look. But correct me if I am wrong, is that a Ford with a Dodge grill? I think it looks nice!
Posted By: Bryce Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 8:05 pm
It does look like a Dodge grille, but no, it was made by a company called Van-trek. Out of business now, too bad they were nice grilles.
Posted By: Virtual Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 8:30 pm
Rollie I found a picture of your van I took at Van Canada in 1978 is that the era you want. That was long before we first formaly met in 97.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 8:39 pm
No one remembered cameras back in the day or they pawned them for smokes and gas!

If anyone ever comes across a Van Trek Grill, Ford, Chevy or Dodge let me know.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 9:10 pm
Wow,Awesome,Nice Van there Kevin nh.
Posted By: kevin nh Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 9:16 pm
I sure wish I still had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 10:16 pm
My vans throughout the years.

My first van, a '70 A-100 Sportsman-GONE
[Linked Image]
'69 A-108-GONE
[Linked Image]
'69 A-108 Xplorer 21 (I had before tandem wheels)-GONE
[Linked Image]
'69 A-108 Panel-GONE (sold to Mark Smith, "Kermit")
[Linked Image]
'65 A-100 No Door-GONE
[Linked Image]
'77 B-100 Tradesman-GONE
[Linked Image]
'85 B-250 Ram Wagon-GONE (wish I still had)
[Linked Image]
'72 B-200 Maxiwagon-STILL OWN
[Linked Image]
'94 B-250 Daily Driver-STILL OWN
[Linked Image]
'84 GMC Vandura 2500-STILL OWN
[Linked Image]

I also had a 65 A-100 pickup, but I can't find a pic of it.
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 10:20 pm
I definitely see a trend there, TMW's. But hey, who am I to talk.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 10:21 pm
NOT ENOUGH WINDOWS! smile
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 11:44 pm
bowThanks for posting your Vans Nate.. I know it had to be a P.I.T.A. to find the pics... been there done that! look at page #1 seems like you are trying to ween yourself with the T.M.W... you went total panel and WOW that was to much had to get T.M.W. again... and now.... your just about where ya need to be... yay

Hey just teasin' ya bud! cheers Have fun at Freezeout! I wont be attending.. saving for my week in FL at the C of C and beyond!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 09th 2008 11:56 pm
Nice vans Nate,liked that 77 and the green early.
Posted By: dan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 10th 2008 2:16 am
Kevin, I think I may have another pic or 2 of your ford, and maybe even of your dodge, one day u should come over and we'll flip thru my albums. I guess u were able to scan that pic?
Posted By: Virtual Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 10th 2008 3:31 am
Oops it was Van America 88 where I took this shot of Rollie's van. I don't think that was Rollie under the van ...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BvrWally Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 10th 2008 3:40 am
That's me "Uncorking" the headers! I was wearing my Famous "Cleveland Flying Service" white jump suit! lol I'm still looking for more pics from that era of the van, as I was not real good at keeping a camera back then! Dean Moore, may he rest in Peace, had several great original Photos of her. I had tried for several years to get them from him, but to no success. Anyway, thanks for that shot Doug!
B.W. smile
Posted By: Ocirus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 12:34 am
That green early Dodge is the tops. LOVE IT. And the tandom one is cool too.
Posted By: Ocirus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 12:37 am
Originally Posted by Bryce
It does look like a Dodge grille, but no, it was made by a company called Van-trek. Out of business now, too bad they were nice grilles.

I would love one for my 87 Dodge. I would black it out. Nice!
Posted By: Starlord Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 5:10 am
OK, let's see if this comes out right, here are my vans through the years, except for the two Astros that for some reason I never took pictures of. The first van I owned twice, after I started building the 64 Ford (van #2), I repurchased the 78 Dodge and had to fix it back up again. Here goes nothing......
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 65dreamin Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 6:11 am
Starlord,man every van there is bad ass,sec gen chevy!Nice!
Posted By: dan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 1:14 pm
Good looking vans, all of them.
I see u have a coleman caravan in the driveway, we just bought an 04 model last spring, nice camper.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 6:07 pm
Great Pics Starlord! bow Thanks for taking the time to post em! grin
Posted By: hippieluke Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 9:55 pm
ya i like the look of that tandem one i also for got i had an 92 conversion van for parts and a early 80s van the only pics of the 80s one is on the west boylston fire dept when it pinned me me

http://westboylston.com/Pages/WBoylstonMA_Fire/calls/bowen/bowen1
Posted By: Starlord Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 11th 2008 10:31 pm
Realized I missed one, must have been forgetable, my 01 Dodge with the 360, it's the one that made me switch to the Ford turbo diesel. Dan, don't have the coleman anymore, the Ford pulled it so good, I got a 33 ft dual slideout Jayco, 8000 pound worth. The newest van, the Ford, doesn't look like that anymore, there have been some minor changes made.
Posted By: Westvan71 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 12th 2008 8:55 pm
Today, I found few pictures of my old '66 A-100 shorty van I had about 8 years ago. Don't have it anymore and was my 3rd van. I'm looking for my 1st and 2nd van in pictures...

Drove my A100 van on a 1,000 Km trip across BC to Alberta. Runs great and I sure missed it a lot. Was former a camper, now converted into panel van. Never got to start as a project then...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kevin nh Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 13th 2008 5:35 pm
ouch, that must have hurt a little, Suprized to hear you didnt brake anything.....that must have been a crazy day
Posted By: hippieluke Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 14th 2008 10:18 pm
ya im very lucky that the bumper was bent in or i mite not have been just bruises
Posted By: Pex, Finland Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 17th 2008 9:05 pm
My '79, first and present. Bought it 1996.
Daily drive, 365 days per year.

VAN ON!
-Pex-
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 17th 2008 9:28 pm
Man, I love what you did with that slider!
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 17th 2008 11:35 pm
grinYup thats cool! something tells me there just might be some Volvo bus parts involved in that Mod! lol
Posted By: starwars Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 17th 2008 11:41 pm
nice pics
Posted By: Keep_On_Truckin_WNY Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 17th 2008 11:45 pm
yea Pex!... daily driven custom van...!
Posted By: leadfoot Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 18th 2008 3:17 am
i love pex's van, hope to see it in person sometime!
-my vans.. hmmm well after telling so many of OTHER vanner
stories.... i guess i should start with my first
a 71' VW bus/van that we had many of those first really
wild and crazy times that ya always remember forever
best times were parked in my own backyard lol
also i was about 17 at the time and following this van i probly
only had for a couple few months before it got impounded for no registration
another dozen or so diff vehicles and a bunch more vw vans
and a few beatles over the following years none had brakes
and got to be a great e-brake and downshift driver
finally getting my licence at 21 !
-
traded a pick up truck i had for a ford E-140 shorty van
with a 3 spd
had a missing shifter and ya had to use 2 angle/iron sticks
that went through the floor ,1 up, 1 down, both up,both down ect
had a pair of old airplanes pretty well done on the side of it
(previous owner was a pilot)
drove it home , had that one about a week before trading that
for some other vehicle at the time i felt i wanted
-went to a band camp out "max creek" in mass somewhere one year
rode with a friend at the time who had a early chevy!
what an awesome van, and an awesome weekend ..
about 6 of us
and a whole commercial tank on nitrus oxide lol
(now looking back there were ALOT of vans there!)
now a whole bunch of years and diff vehicles after that
still never heard of Vanning yet
came across an old van 2 blocks from my shop that was just callin me it seemed like to save it
so i bought my first early chevy van! a 1969 (no windows!)
[Linked Image]
it was VERY rough, even a couple vanners passed on it before me!
but have fiberglass,bondo and a whole lotta arc welding sticks later... i came up with this
broke as usual after a project i put it up for sale
and one friday night i left it parked UNDER LIGHTS in a major
downtown plaza .. thinking.. who'll mess with it
found it the next morning and some kids used it as a bicycle backboard and put dents and tire marks all over both sides
............nice kids
feeling bent at society that day i drove it over to my shop
peeled off the over 300 feet of pin striping that made the
seems of the stripes, the 50 stars off each of the doors
and repaired and put it in primer from the doors back
selling it the next week for 1800.00
in process of fixxing up this old van i found vcvc.org
and from there i was hooked,
[Linked Image]
ever since then i had another old van craving
and one morning on a random chosen backroad to work one morning
sitting in the weeds of a back yard... there is was my 65 chevy van
for several months i kept saying to myself on the way by it
stop and knock at the door... but wanted to wait till i had some
haggling bucks to work with
then one morning on my way in.. there it was
up from the weeds and parked on the lawn like it was just waiting
on a FOR SALE sign!
i saw someone that afternoon sitting on the porch so i stopped
met a girl who said, yeah thats my brothers van and i know he wants to sell it
i returned the next day to hash out a deal.. 600 bucks and an
aluminum canoe i had was the price
[Linked Image]
i never got the story on how the FU ended up on the side
it was sprayed on with undercoating, and the seller
tried to cover it up with rattle can primer causing it to react
and REALLY show up lol
anyway, after busting my ass cleaning it up and giving it a fresh
coat of primer... i drove it for around 30,000 miles in a year
attended 26 different van events with it that first year VANNING!
went on to rebuild the motor with a few tweeks, power moon roof,
shaved a side door
and drove everyday for almost 3 yrs
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
changed girlfriends.. and felt i needed to change vans too
sold it, (to regret selling it as many who have had nice vans
and parted ways with)
again instant cravings for another old van
an ad in the paper i found Kate Mossey the dodge FREE!
[Linked Image]
alot was good, but too much was bad to save it
it became donor organs for ol blue
[Linked Image]
after a while just not feeling the ddddodge vibe i sold that one
hooked on vanning could not do without one so .. another freebee
i had kicking around the back yard was BIG RED TEMP VAN !
300,000 babied miles! had the van a while before i decided to drive it, had some friends that needed some parts
so i hooked em up with a section of the roof, and the pop out windows, and a few other bits i felt not needed
well when i decided i was going to drive the van.. i needed a roof section! and back windows.. have plexiglass and plywood
will travel!
was a great van and did several events, won a few awards too such as -best under DE construction-
best beater, and best "rat van"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
then along came the 67 and the 65 both at the same time!
the 67' needed an engine after 1 short ride, so i transplanted
the 300,000 mile plus 85' - 305 drivetrain into the 67!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sold the 67 and a parts van after a couple years
and now concentrating on ONE van my 65 chop (after issue 4 is done)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
i like to think i'm getting better at it ;) .. we'll see!

Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 18th 2008 3:44 am
I quit counting after 18...in the 20's now...some pics on my homepage.
Posted By: leadfoot Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 18th 2008 3:46 am
i didn't count the ones i've owned and didn't drive and resold
or parted out... thats too many to count
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 18th 2008 12:47 pm
I like the yellow '70 Dodge you had Israel.
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 18th 2008 6:02 pm
Great Story Leadfoot!!! thats what this tread is ALL about!
Posted By: Hotblazer Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 19th 2008 4:43 am
Well I can't even come close to having that many vans, I only had 3, but I loved them all. I only have pictures of 2 of them.
Here is the 73 Dodge

[Linked Image]

Here is the 75 Chevy

[Linked Image]

and then of course there is my latest acquisition--My 63 Econoline(still in the construction, body and paint stage)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More pictures will be put up as it progresses.

PS All the rest(about 300)of my pictures got water damaged. They were not retreveable. Bummer
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 19th 2008 8:20 am
All three are nice,can't wait to see the early done,keep up the good work.
Posted By: Tom Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2008 9:28 pm
Very nice pics. Still working on mine. But i have a 1972 Ford E100 i bought in 94. A 1998 Montana i bout in 2001, and 2001 Chevy Venture warner bros i bought in 2007.
Posted By: on the road Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2008 10:24 pm
This is a good project for a snowy day...Pics will get here eventually...
64 Chev shorty
61 Econoline(rolled on way to '81 Nats)
69 A100 No Door traded for:
76 Chev Winnebago window van conversion
77 Ford E150 138
77 Chev chop
67 Falcon
62 Econoline chop
63 Greenbriar 8 door
86 Astro
93 E150
94 E250 Extended
03 E250 Extended
67 Econoline
76 Chev (Future Shock)

I think thats all of them...still own the last 5
Posted By: BvrWally Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 12:09 am
Howard....you're such a "Tease!" lol
B.W.
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 1:52 am
Howard,do you have dealer plates??
Posted By: on the road Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 2:01 am
No, and I live in a condo with 2 spots....luckily I have friends with big garages!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 2:46 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 3:15 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2008 3:06 pm
wow howard you own future shock wasnt that the one in hot rod.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 02nd 2008 3:44 pm
Here is the post your looking for Dreamin65
Posted By: 65dreamin Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 02nd 2008 5:40 pm
thanks, but i thoght the post was in vans where are they today,by looking at my private message in dec 2007
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 02nd 2008 6:11 pm
Here it is.

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=35547
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 03rd 2008 2:44 am
Okay, here is our list...sorry no pics of most of them...

1st was a 1978 Dodge Maxi full of holes (windows) with a 400ci/4brl and 727, paid $650.00 for it. Bought it to move to Las Vegas with, Me, the wife two babies and the dog lived in it for two weeks during July, untill we said SCREW VEGAS and went home, oil pump went out on the way home, left it at a truckstop in Utah, never to return for it.

2nd was a 1984 Dodge raised roof conversion van 318/727 combo we bught for $500.00 ran great, traded for a Camero after driving it for 2 years (don't say it!)

3rd was a 1978 Dodge shorty with a 318/4brl 727 combo no window, true duals with flowmasters and mild summit cam...drove it 2 years till the motor blew up, sold it for the same price I paid for it, $500.00 !

4th was a 1992 GMC conversion van 350tbi/700r4 set up, wiring problems finally killed it...bought it for $2000.00, drove it for 2 years and sold it for $1000.00

5th and current is the 1984 Ford conversion 351HO /C-6 combo, runs great, passes everything but a gas station, currently called the "Big Black Gas Sucker" by my kids! lol

Also had a 1990 Astro CL AWD for a total of 3 weeks, bought it for $400.00, killed it in 3 weeks and sold it for $200.00 what a waste of money that one was...

We are going to start looking for a 71-80ish Dodge or Same period Chevy no window next year with our taxes, hopefully before C of C in Vegas......we'll see what happens.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Posted By: VANISHINGBREED Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2008 3:02 am
I was never one to take pictures of anything back in the 70s through 90s but here are some pics of a few.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Vanishing Breed when I called it Sonofvanitch

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2008 8:20 am
Very nice Mike.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 09th 2008 12:06 am
I love the red/white Falcon van Mike!
Posted By: davidm Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 19th 2008 3:47 pm
This was my last van i had. its a 97 astro that i picked-up for only $300 bucks. it only needed new brake lines and i had it on the road. i put 20x8.5 centerline snypers, 255/35r20 nitto 555,and a 2.5-3.0 belltech drop. I know....T.M.W.
a friend of mine is currently trying to sell it for 5k.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sasktrini Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 19th 2008 4:15 pm
That's a nice 'stro! I like the way the windowline is blacked out... they ALMOST disappear! Sweet rims and tires... you must've brought it a long way from it's $300 beginning!
Posted By: Bandvan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2008 4:29 pm
Ive been following this tread for a while and Ive got to say many of you guys have some jaw dropping rides, and the rest show great potential

As for me I've got a G20 problem. In order of appearance:

[Linked Image]

My first rig was a 78 GMC Rally STX. 350 4-bbl/t350. 111k and all original interior. Bought it in '06 for $750 around Albany, NY. My old band toured New England with it for a year and a half. In that time it got a 6 disk changer and a new carpet by yours truly. Sold it to my friend's band in VT for $1000 (we had put new brakes and a trailer hitch on it for them) and they have yet to take it out of their driveway. I make my buddy go out and start it once a week, it runs like a champ. I miss it.

[Linked Image]

Van #2 was an 84 GMC Vandura 2500. 305 4-bbl/700r4. 146k Found it for $500 in Northern VT. 305 was rebuilt less than 3000 miles ago with a mild cam, rebuilt trans. This one is going to get its own thread in the GM section. For the full story check it out.

[Linked Image]

Van #3 is my current van. 89 G20 350tbi/700r4. 94k verified. $600 Southern VT find. Carfax says it spent 12 years in the great state of Texas and somehow found its way to the better state of Vermont. 0 rust and only minor dents. I've been looking forever for one this clean. Paint is 83 corvette grey and it buffs up well. Ive done a full tune up and brake job on it and I've still yet to hit the $1000 mark. It will be getting the full GMC treatment as I have the badges, grill, center caps, retro side markers, pre 87 tails, and full steering column (yup thats right I parted the 84). The future holds a full header/dual kit, fresh head gaskets, k/n, Towpack/brake controller, wheels and PC all terrains, and an entire refurbished interior to haul my band mates and gear safely. This one hasn't and will not see salt, so under the car cover it goes this winter!
Posted By: Bobert Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2008 5:22 pm
pic of my 77 before the redo taken in 1997.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2008 11:41 pm
Hey those wheels look firmiliar! LOL
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 15th 2008 4:28 am
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester
Okay, here is our list...sorry no pics of most of them...

1st was a 1978 Dodge Maxi full of holes (windows) with a 400ci/4brl and 727, paid $650.00 for it. Bought it to move to Las Vegas with, Me, the wife two babies and the dog lived in it for two weeks during July, untill we said SCREW VEGAS and went home, oil pump went out on the way home, left it at a truckstop in Utah, never to return for it.

2nd was a 1984 Dodge raised roof conversion van 318/727 combo we bught for $500.00 ran great, traded for a Camero after driving it for 2 years (don't say it!)

3rd was a 1978 Dodge shorty with a 318/4brl 727 combo no window, true duals with flowmasters and mild summit cam...drove it 2 years till the motor blew up, sold it for the same price I paid for it, $500.00 !

4th was a 1992 GMC conversion van 350tbi/700r4 set up, wiring problems finally killed it...bought it for $2000.00, drove it for 2 years and sold it for $1000.00

5th and current is the 1984 Ford conversion 351HO /C-6 combo, runs great, passes everything but a gas station, currently called the "Big Black Gas Sucker" by my kids! lol

Also had a 1990 Astro CL AWD for a total of 3 weeks, bought it for $400.00, killed it in 3 weeks and sold it for $200.00 what a waste of money that one was...

We are going to start looking for a 71-80ish Dodge or Same period Chevy no window next year with our taxes, hopefully before C of C in Vegas......we'll see what happens.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well as of tonight, we have added one more...we just made arangements to buy WHY BE NORMAL , so add a 1987 Ford to our list now!
Posted By: vanago Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 15th 2008 2:08 pm
[Linked Image]

This the one? " Big White Gas Sucker " Looks great.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 15th 2008 7:10 pm
May as well add this one to my list of vans through the years.

84 GMC G25 305/TH400
[Linked Image]

It was a cool van
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 16th 2008 3:31 pm
Originally Posted by vanago
[Linked Image]

Thats the one...and what is really scarey is it SHOULD get better MPG thanmy current van! Y I K E S ! thank god for under 2.00 a gallon gas right now! lets hope it stays for a bit..

haha rofl haha rofl haha
Posted By: Growl60 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 25th 2008 8:16 pm
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester
Originally Posted by vanago
[Linked Image]

Thats the one...and what is really scarey is it SHOULD get better MPG thanmy current van! Y I K E S ! thank god for under 2.00 a gallon gas right now! lets hope it stays for a bit..

haha rofl haha rofl haha

DONT JYNX IT!!! I love filling my truck for under 30 bucksss.
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2009 7:44 pm
My vans i have owned. 84,86,83,89,88 fords. 89 aerostar. 86 toyota. 89 astro. 74,77,73 4x4,82,83,82 dodge vans. 65,69,78,75,78,84,88,93 chevy vans. and a 51 chevy panel. I have pics of almost all of them, but still havent figgured out how to post pics. If anybody is interested in seeing pics i can email them to ya
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2009 8:17 pm
hell yea!! email them to IamSnotty1@mac.com I will try to get them posted up here for ya too!

Always glad to see when this thread pops up!
Posted By: Kooba Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2009 8:47 pm
Here's some of my vans from the past. Left upper is the only known pic of my first van. It was a '64 Econoline that I had for only 3 weeks before it got T-boned and totaled. Next to that is a '71 Chevy. The first van I really customized was the blue '77 GMC in the lower pic.
[Linked Image]
My favorite was the '87 Safari I got in '89. Here's a before/after picture of the van I called "Razz-Ama-Tazz"
[Linked Image]
I have also owned another Astro plus half a dozen Caravans as well as our 1990 GMC Vandura "High Society"
[Linked Image]
Posted By: slugtrkr Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 09th 2009 7:51 pm
my vans # 1 was a 65 ford # 276 chevy #3 66 chevy present 71 ford [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Snotty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 10th 2009 12:24 am
nice pics slugtrkr!
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 30th 2009 11:48 am
When I was 13 years old I bought a blue 1979 Ford cargo van from a friend's dad for $100. It had a 300 c.i. inline 6 and a 4 speed (overdrive) manual tranny on the floor. It had 15x7 and 15x8.5 slot mags on it. I never got very far with it, though. My parents wanted it out of the driveway when they saw the scary amounts of rust on the body. It ran great though, and I got to sneak it out of the driveway and cruise the neighborhood once or twice before I sold it for $650. I have a pic or two somewhere, I'll try and find 'em when I get home from school.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 30th 2009 12:13 pm
Man I love this topic.I don't have time to surf around now that the weather is in full swing in my neighborhood.and Very Busy busy busy.

But please keep adding more pics and stories.
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 30th 2009 3:13 pm
I know I have a better pic somewhere, but this was all I could find of the blue Ford. I should have told my parents to deal with it, it was a cool van. [Linked Image]
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 30th 2009 3:29 pm
got to sneak it out of the driveway and cruise the neighborhood once or twice

Man I remember those days, my first ride was an 83' Impala ex-cop car I bought at a police auction for 150 bucks back in the early 90's, MAN did that thing cook! anyways I hadnt gotten my licence yet but I wouldnt let that minor detail stop me. I would wait until everyone was asleep, go out, put it neutral and push it outta the driveway in the dead of nite, fire it up and cruiz the neighborhood with my friends.

Those where the days.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - April 11th 2009 2:37 pm
Kooba--those pics take me in the way back machine!
But, when I all these pretty old Vans--it's like they never left!! Thanks all!

Suzie
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - April 27th 2009 9:15 pm
nice pics
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 02nd 2009 1:35 pm
This was Israel's early Dodge with his two sons in the doorway.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 02nd 2009 1:51 pm
I've had a 75 Chevy Shorty (really miss it) & 85 Astro
Roger had a Chevy long wheel base, 75 Chevy Shorty (he misses it), 87 Astro
We still have the 87 Astro but we have had together 1990 Chevy Hightop & now we have a 2000 GMC hightop
Posted By: G_ROLLER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 02nd 2009 3:22 pm
well being in a wheelchair meant I always needed a van, so maybe I carried it to extremes??? Starting in 1973 the family purchased a Ford club wagon, it was given to me in 1976 in my demise started. It was traded for a 1979 club wagon (ugly green one ton). I then purchased a new 1985 ford which I did some mild customization on and promptly totaled it six months later. It was replaced with a new 1986 which for some stupid reason I painted it within a month. I kept this one are quite awhile. My next was a 1990 hi-top ford. Here's where it gets real tricky... I purchased the 1985 Astro and started customizing it. In the process I purchased three other Astros, 1985, 1986, 1990, these were all mostly parts vans but they were all driven home. I've also had a 1991 Astro with a 350 V8. As far as full-size I've had a 1997 hightop ford and my current 1978 big block ford. And then of course my every day drivers, my 1999 Dodge Caravan and then there was a 1990 Dodge Caravan. And this is the one I have to get a picture up as soon as I can find it, I had a 1986 shortened Chevy. You can actually touch both the center caps on the wheels at the same time. The drive shaft measured 12 inches long. That's my history in vans...
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 22nd 2009 9:22 pm
Love those early Dodges Gup
Posted By: smitty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 30th 2009 9:59 pm
Nice Pics, Keep them coming!!
Posted By: AmishElectrician Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 13th 2009 3:48 am
I got the urge to go hunting through all of my old family photo albums and I managed to find a few pictures of my dad and 3 of his 4 vans he had back in the day. Enjoy!
-Billy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 13th 2009 4:27 am
Thanks Ken for posting my 70 Dodge "Lo Yelr" ,this was 20 years ago as Rob(small boy in pic)is now 24 years old & he has his 2nd van.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 17th 2009 8:45 pm
cool
Posted By: vannergreg33 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 18th 2009 3:21 am
these pics are of the same van first was from 1993, second from 1996, and third was this week[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: smitty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 18th 2009 1:26 pm
Nice!!!
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 18th 2009 3:11 pm
looking good Greg......
If you copy and paste the IMG code on on photobucket pictures you pictures will apear link less.

.......Wookee
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 18th 2009 3:27 pm
thanks for posting
Posted By: vannergreg33 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 26th 2009 3:15 pm
here is my 69 chevy today[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 26th 2009 3:28 pm
Hey i remember that one,get it out!
Posted By: vannergreg33 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 27th 2009 1:11 am
i'm working on it jimmy, hope to have it ready for butler, save me from having to get a trailer to get it there
Posted By: bluevette87 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 01st 2009 2:40 am
i have had 1,this 94 astro.i bought it 4 or so years ago and drive it everyday.i have changed the wheels and the turn signal lenses and put on dual exhaust.i am working on removing cracked and nasty stripes also. not sure if i am putting them back on or doing something differant.anyway,here it is.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 01st 2009 4:27 am
Nice astro
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 01st 2009 11:54 am
Very nice.
Posted By: bluevette87 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 02nd 2009 5:35 pm
thanx guys!
Posted By: Logansryche Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 28th 2009 2:47 pm
I've always been hooked on vans since my folks owned a '89 Chateau off the Ford lot(pity I dunno what happened to it). First van was a '92 Aerostar XLT that made the trip from Florida to Maine and back.
[Linked Image]

I seen an '88 EB a lady was selling and instantly fell in love. I sold the '92 to pay for the EB.The EB lasted 2 trips 2 Maine and 2 trips back to FL however the 2nd time up there I had to leave it up there cause the PS line broke and I didn't have a job, so it sat. I then found out a few months later someone broke into it(didn't take anything).I ended up driving my pickup to Maine to get the EB then later ended up selling it to a lady who was teaching her grandson how to drive. I think I'd give anything to have this van back, it was the only one that was good to me.

While trying to get over that, I took the money I had from that van and bought a '90 XLT extended that had the E4WD. The tranny went in that one so I used the money from selling that and the '88 F150 I had to move to Iowa where I bought the '84 Explorer and now '77 Chateau.

[Linked Image]

I think if I had the choice out of all of em, I'd keep the Chateau and the EB.
Posted By: BILL211 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 13th 2009 1:46 pm
i've only owned 2 vans , first one was was a 65 vw panel van that i owner ,restored & modified, had it for about 22 years , sold it about 8 years ago (another mistake i made in life)
& got a 86 gmc cause of a bigger family

heres my vw at van blessing in R.I. back in 88...ish
[Linked Image]
this one was tatken at the dragstrip in reading P.A.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rev_Don Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2009 12:20 am
My first van was a '65 A-100 I bought about a month after graduating from High School. Had a six-banger and three-on-the-tree. I only had it about 2 years before it got totalled by a guy running a red light. I don't have a scanner, so please excuse my picture of a picture.
[Linked Image]
I got hooked on the Jeep thing for a little while, but always wanted another van. I got this "Beauty" about 4 months ago. It's an 89 Chevy shorty. It has a 305 and TH400 trans. The exhaust was totally rotten after the Y-pipe, so I got a used Flowmaster and a couple of pieces of Auto Zone straight pipe and a 45 degree elbow. Sounds pretty good for a $30 "Custom" exhaust. I only paid $600 for it, and it does have quite a bit of lower body rot, but I'll be taking care of that once Spring comes back around...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2009 12:40 am
Atleast there should be repair panels availible for every Bad area.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2009 11:25 am
My first van was an A-100 too! A 1970 model.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 14th 2009 6:08 pm
Originally Posted by Nate the skate
My first van was an A-100 too! A 1970 model.
So was mine, and I still got it for now.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 27th 2010 10:42 pm
My old 69 A-108. I sure do miss her. Ran like a top.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 27th 2010 11:22 pm
Are those ford ranger wheels up front, Nate? They don't look half bad.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 12:49 am
That was a very nice one Nate.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 1:53 am
Originally Posted by keystonekid1978
Are those ford ranger wheels up front, Nate? They don't look half bad.

I actually don't know where those pics were taken. They were taken after I sold it. I had white spokers on it when I had it. I found those pics on the Vintage Vans site. I think the van is up in New York now, but not 100% sure.
Posted By: LostSheep Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 10:17 pm
An old phone van? Hello? smile
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 10:19 pm
Originally Posted by LostSheep

roflCan you hear me now rofl
Nice Nate
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 10:38 pm

Actually it started life as a camper built by TRAVCO. It was called "Family Wagon". It originally had a fiberglass high roof, but that leaked so bad that we cut it off and welded a stock roof back on as well as a new header above the rear doors.

Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2010 11:31 pm
Most of the phone vans where 90's(SWB).....

......Wookee
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 29th 2010 2:29 pm
Looks Pretty Good, Winders OR Less.
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2010 5:23 pm
thought id share some of my vans with everyone..only have few pics..

1st and most memorable van to me..

95 chevy g20 got it 98 from my dad, got it completely stock no windows nothing.. what it looked like in 2000-

[Linked Image]

this is what it looked like in 2005-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

sold it to my uncle in 05 with 80000miles on it..the van has 120 and runnin like a beast still today..ill get a pic of current look, after my gray van i had a 92 hitop conversion..had alotta miles on it drove it till it died an stripped it naked a yr later and went and got my red express--
brand new..
[Linked Image]

few months after new..
[Linked Image]

in 2007..
[Linked Image]

and 1st van show springthaw 2008..
[Linked Image]

and this is my current van--
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Galaxy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2010 5:29 pm
Yeah man, those are some nice rigs there. My Chevy driving friend. chevy
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2010 8:19 pm
haha thank you charlie =) i have a bowtie heart..haha
Posted By: LostSheep Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2010 9:37 pm
Originally Posted by XTReME_LiMiTzZ

There is a cure for that disease! lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 01st 2010 10:26 pm

There is a cure for that disease! lol
rofl
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2010 4:33 pm
If you like allot of pain and aggravation that "cure" is right up your alley........LOL

.......Wookee
Posted By: Galaxy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2010 8:08 pm
wormsI don't care what you say, the distributor goes in the back!
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2010 8:17 pm
Originally Posted by GALAXY

Yeah!

well...unless it's a big block Mopar. lol
Posted By: M_S Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 02nd 2010 8:19 pm

Strange as it may seem, My Dodge, Ford and Chevy (of course) engines all have the distributor at the rear of the engine.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 03rd 2010 1:54 pm
Distributor? What's a distributor? rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 03rd 2010 2:00 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast

Go pop the hood on your Ramcharger. It's under there somewhere. lol
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 03rd 2010 2:30 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast

Go pop the hood on your Ramcharger. It's under there somewhere. lol

OH, Yeah! And it's in the front

[Linked Image]

shift
Posted By: YouCanDoItInAChevy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 09th 2010 10:09 pm
well here is a bunch of pics of my previous vans. im only 21 and i have had alot of cars. this doesent even touch the surface. lol. but love of vans started when i first got my caravan a few years ago. and its been mostley vans since then..

somehow they always end up in worse shape when they leave me then when i get them. lol. the chevy is hopefully going to be a differnt story. i sold the dodge b150 last year and im still kicking myself in the ass to this day for doing such a stupid and ignorant thing. if only i knew what i had then.

my 95 caravan when i first got it, it was in great shape. hehe.
[Linked Image]
after a couple of years.
[Linked Image]
parked next to my old monte
[Linked Image]
my old monte dodge and mazda together
[Linked Image]
chillin beside the monte
[Linked Image]
the day i crushed it, still ran great tranny was gone
[Linked Image]
my old 98 windstar that was repoed. it was a pos.
[Linked Image]
my 1986 dodge b150 with a slant six and four on the floor when i first got her.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
playing around in the backyard one day
[Linked Image]
after. lol..
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
it was hotter than a witches tits in this thing during the summer time.
[Linked Image]
my chevy when i first got it parked next to my old buick.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
the old 305 didnt last to long
[Linked Image]
last shot i got of her before tearing it down.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hippieluke Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 12th 2010 4:07 pm
that is alot of cars/vans for only being 21
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 12th 2010 7:52 pm
He knows how to have fun... and clean house afterwards!

I wish I could have a bunch of vehicles in my yard. The township here comes down on anyone who does though.

Did you ever keep any cool parts out of your old vehicles to put in your vans? Transplants can be fun.

I bet it's going to be fun to see where your project goes. Keep taking pictures!

Clear skies!
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 12th 2010 8:59 pm
I'm trying this out here.I was going thru some mags and came across Juicy Lucy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 12th 2010 9:30 pm
Yep, Juicy Lucy is alive and well in Syracuse ........
Posted By: SFS60 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 12th 2010 9:53 pm
I Have pics of it from the late 70's when it was in a shopping mall show in west seneca,new york at the now torn down seneca mall !!
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2010 12:11 am
I am pretty sure Juicy Lucy still has the same Crager SS wheels on it now that it had in the mag pictures.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She is a pretty sweet Survivor Van......

........Wookee
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2010 12:17 am
That was always a nice van.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2010 1:11 pm
How about.should I put some old van pics here,Now that I Finally learned the scanner.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: vanmachineman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2010 1:21 pm
This is what happen to ""The Machine"" this past winter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2010 10:46 pm
There's a van in those pics Wookee? lol
Posted By: Twisted Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 14th 2010 6:54 pm
Here is my dad's past and present vans
His first van was a 1969 Ford Econoline 200, had a 240 6 with 3 on the tree. He bought it for $30 from his paper guy. It was broadsided at one time and had a huge slab of bondo on the driver side. Later he painted it flat black, got black nugget wheels with 50's in the rear, dropped in a 302 engine with 12.5:1 pistons, radical cam, headers and glasspacks. This was before he was a vanner. he sold it to a former Runnin Wild member who worked with my dad and introduced him to vanning. My dad swapped engines before selling it, he swapped in a bone stock good running 302. My dad's friend than swapped in a 300 I6 I guess for better mileage idk why. Than gave it back to my dad because he couldnt hold on to it and did'nt want to see it hit the junkers. My dad later ended up having to junk it because he had to many vehicles when his parents were moving.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
His next van was a 1981 Ford Econoline 150 Shorty. Had an inline 6 300 with a 3 on the tree. He dropped in a fresh rebuilt 400M engine and converted it to automatic. He later spray primered it gray. That got my parents and me through the years until he decided to strip it down.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Since the 81 was in the garage under restoration, he bought a 1994 Ford econoline 350 extended with a 7.3L idi diesel. He bought a set of Mickey Thompson wheels for it and primer grayed it. We recently swapped engines becase of the lack of power do to past owner never changing the oil. Got the same engine with 80,xxx miles unlike the 240,xxx miles. I have to get pictures of it.
My dad recently bought a 1974 Ford Econoline 100 shorty. He could'nt live without a mid ford anymore haha. Has an inline 6 300 with 3 on the tree. He is going to drop in a 302 ford he has.
[Linked Image]
Here is a picture of the 94 E350 towing the 74.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 15th 2010 5:03 am
Twisted your dad had some nice vans, i dont know how you are finding all these mid fords, i just want to find one
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 15th 2010 6:56 am
I used to have 2 mid fords, still wish I had one.
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 15th 2010 6:57 am
Forgot to say, glad they were all Fords..
Posted By: rizzman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 27th 2010 7:00 pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
THIS IS THE BIGINIG. MY MIND IS SPINING. WHERE IT STOPS. WE WILL SEE!!
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 14th 2010 3:58 am

Yeah!

well...unless it's a big block Mopar. lol

or small block ford :P
Posted By: on the road Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 14th 2010 8:07 am
The Juicy Lucy model is less than half her age! The other van on the magazine page is alive and well in NY also, still owned by Bert from Western NY Van Assn. it's now blue with scallops.
Posted By: Sweet_Spot Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 23rd 2010 12:37 am
Here's a pic of my son and I washing my van. At the time he was 3-4 years old, the van at the time was 7-8 years old, and as far as my age....... I was a hell of a lot younger than I'am now!!

http://www.jamuse.com/getfile.aspx?type=thumbLarge&id=269875
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 23rd 2010 1:29 am
Those were the days huh? My girls used to help me too when they were that little. They could only reach the tires and up to the bottom body line tho. lol
Posted By: Tufcharger Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 14th 2010 4:57 pm
My first van was bought new by my father in 1975 at Livingston Dodge in NJ. Customized at the dealer, they brought in an airbrush artist to paint the panels and murals, I took it over in 79 when I got my license, and drove the hell out of that van, even lived in it in Florida a few times! I also accumulated almost all of my 68 points on my license in that first couple years of driving! Had to sell this van in the mid 80s, I would love to buy it back if its still in 1 peice. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tufcharger Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 14th 2010 5:02 pm
This pic is when new, we added sidepipes, visor, flair and spoiler kit lights and all the goodies, Im looking for more pictures
Posted By: gino Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 23rd 2010 11:41 pm
Well this is my first van working on it so hopefully it will make it to one of these events soon so i can drink some beer with you all.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 24th 2010 12:14 am
Sweet early you got there.Maybe we'll see ya at Butler?
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 24th 2010 6:31 pm
YES, A VERY NICE VAN!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 24th 2010 8:56 pm
Very sweet early
Posted By: Bullit Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 29th 2010 5:47 am
Scanned an old photo of my van (and the wife and I). At my sister's house in Prosser, Washington, April 1979. At the time we were living in central California and members of Van Experience.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 29th 2010 9:32 am
Nice looking Dodge, any new pics of it?
Posted By: Bullit Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 29th 2010 11:30 am
Thanks Jim. This picture is a couple years old (Feb08), but then it doesn't really matter, it looks the same today. Bad news, my van is parked behind my house and I use it as a storage unit, but someday, I will have it back on the road and use it as a van should be used. Someday.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: billo Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 12th 2011 4:52 pm
My 74 Dodge in the middle

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MrCSM Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 13th 2011 1:52 am
My work van.
I worked at a tradeshow company that had a co-owned graphics division. After some talks with the boss, I created my own job of pick up and delivery of digital files and media for printing for tradeshows. So they went out and got me a van for deliveries. I had no say in the year or type and was kind of dissapointed with the new body style Chevy. frown but oh well it was mine and I grew to appreciate it's later aesthetic values!
Anyway, they covered the sides in graphics. It looked like a superhero was flying out of a hole in the side of the van. You can see the sidewall ribs in the photo. It says, "We will save you from graphic evil-doers!".

I was young and persuasive and somehow convinced the boss I also needed some nice tires and rims and a vanity plate to really set the van off and do my deliveries in style~!

Funny thing is after the wheels were on they stuck out pretty far..well I convinced the boss again that we would need flares! This was 1995 and they didn't make flares for this body style yet. Drove the whole year waiting for someone to start MFG some flares! I was also planning on a visor but my delivery days ended a short year later as a new boss thought it was faster to have me keep working and just courier everything. I quit shortly after! If I didn't get that new boss I wonder how far I could've tricked that thing out!
I had already gotten bug deflector, window visors, mags and tires, a vanity plate that read "SKY VAN", I also had a vinyl windshild banner that said -=Skyline-=, we were planning new graphics for the back, was getting a visor and flares! Wow! I must have been some persuader! Though looking like I did I can't ever imagine how I got them to do this for me?? lol
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Pretty sweet work van ehh?
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 13th 2011 1:56 am
NICE!!!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 13th 2011 11:39 am
Must have been pretty persuasive lolPretty cool tho.
Posted By: TonyinNY Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 12:46 am
Just picked up my first van. It's a '76 Ford 150 with a 351w in it. I'm now officially hooked on vans!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 12:50 am
Nice van. Welcome Tony....this is the place to be!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 1:12 am
Welcome aboard Tony! Very nice van you have there!
Posted By: lukester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 1:48 am
welcomeTony
I think I remember your van
It was for sale awhile back on ebay?
Posted By: TonyinNY Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 2:17 am
Yes it was....it was even mentioned on this site as well. The road trip bringing it back from PA to NY was a great trip!
Posted By: MrCSM Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 2:41 am
I REALLY like all that 70's stuff you have going on in that thing! I stared at it for a while when it was for sale. Glad you got it and are enjoying it! Show us better detailed pics of the insides!
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 4:34 am
welcome aboard glad to have you =)
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 1:18 pm
welcome Tony,nice van ya picked up there.
Posted By: shawnzo Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 1:51 pm
welcome aboard.my stepdad had a 76 e150.
Posted By: GEORGI Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 19th 2011 3:33 pm
Nice van Tony where in Ny do you live?
Posted By: tikicar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2011 12:46 am
Hi Tony: I sold Rob that van. Glad it went to a good home. If he hadn't bought the Slayer Van he would have never sold it.
Posted By: starwars Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2011 11:37 am
nice van
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2011 1:21 pm
Wow...great van Tony! That's one heck of a first van.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 20th 2011 5:14 pm
Nice van! That was a great find.
welcome To the wonderful world of vannin!
Posted By: TonyinNY Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 21st 2011 2:50 pm
I am over in Rochester.....I can't wait for this snow to melt so I can hit the roads with it
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 22nd 2011 1:58 am
cool, hope to see you at a run maybe too? =)
Posted By: donvee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 25th 2011 4:22 am
I don't have a pic of my new one yet, that's coming home this weekend. But, here's a couple of my fave ones I had, a 66 A108 and a 77 Royal Sportsman camper. The 66 I only had for a short time. I got it by trading off a 66 Mercury Comet wagon. The 77 I had for years, started dating my wife while driving it (which terrified her father!) and used it as a tour vehicle for my band, as well as my home for a while. I racked up a whopping 515,000 miles on it before it finally ended up going to the scrapper due to massive amounts of undercarriage rot, among many other things. Feast your eyes on these beauties.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: starwars Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 25th 2011 5:33 am
Originally Posted by donvee
I don't have a pic of my new one yet, that's coming home this weekend. But, here's a couple of my fave ones I had, a 66 A108 and a 77 Royal Sportsman camper. The 66 I only had for a short time. I got it by trading off a 66 Mercury Comet wagon. The 77 I had for years, started dating my wife while driving it (which terrified her father!) and used it as a tour vehicle for my band, as well as my home for a while. I racked up a whopping 515,000 miles on it before it finally ended up going to the scrapper due to massive amounts of undercarriage rot, among many other things. Feast your eyes on these beauties.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

kool vans
Posted By: BlueLemon Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 03rd 2011 7:49 am
All I can say, is that the Blue Lemon / 72 Econoline (my first of only two ever new vehicles ) turns 29 today !!!!
Too bad yesterday was the 6 month Anniversary on my Accident on the way to Arkansas for the MidSouth Early Econo Meet ! And Infinity Classic Collector Insurance is still dragging their feet....Had two Appraisals recently to establish the value of my vans.............
Posted By: Galaxy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 04th 2011 7:54 pm
What an odd place for a porthole. crazy
Posted By: josh_performanceinc Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 04th 2011 9:30 pm
What an odd place for a porthole. crazy

seriously! eek
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 04th 2011 9:53 pm
Seen quite a few in some weird places.
Posted By: CPSChevyVan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2011 1:52 am
LOVE IT! Was up late last night reading through the whole post. Wonderful history here! I have only dealt with three vans, since van ownership in my family averages 15 years per vehicle.

I do not have any pics handy of the first van I ever drove. It was a 1973 Ford Club Wagon 1 ton that had served as a little church's van. It ignited my odd obsession with rolling boxes.

[Linked Image]

If you've read my posts, you are familiar with the second van I ever drove. Its in my driveway right now. Its a 1993 G20 Chevy Van with a Mark III conversion. We replaced the Club Wagon with it in '93. I've been on trip after trip in it and its now in my care. My niece named it "the Party Van" due to the center beam lights which she called "party lights". I am restoring it now and hope to upgrade the interior soon. The party van will also soon need party paint.

[Linked Image]

Everybody needs a mule, and here's mine. This is my 1996 Mercury Villager, the first van I ever bought. I picked it out, I drive it, my wife (who I originally bought it for in '99) hates it! It is not perfect, it leaks around the back and rattles, but it has a Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6, and still runs like new money. I would like to customize it (six captains chairs sounds nice) but I still need something to run to Lowe's and haul off garbage.

Honorable mentions go to:
Our Church's 1993 Ram Wagon
My Uncle's 84 G20 conversion hightop, which got me interested in customized vans.
My neighbor's 1985 Ford Econoline conversion.
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2011 5:48 am
My vans thru the years..my first nine are in my Mural on this van..there's a pic of the mural somewhere...
Posted By: Dark_Knight Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2011 3:54 pm
.... I racked up a whopping 515,000 miles on it ....

[Linked Image]

Dang, 515,000 miles! That's pretty awesome!!
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 20th 2011 12:08 am
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight

[Linked Image]

dang 500,000 more miles and youd out run al bundys dodge haha =)
Posted By: I_am_new Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 15th 2011 6:37 am
I have had A 1999 Ford E-350 7,3 power stroke (no mods), A 1999 Chevy 3500 it was fast!! (no mods), I now have A 1991 Ford E-250 7.3 non-turbo (its slow) have big plans for it lol,
Posted By: frscke1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 15th 2011 3:12 pm
I_am_new ..Welcome to the site Please introduce yourself...again welcome...
Posted By: MrHoney Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 08th 2011 1:06 pm
My last Van I owned, 1982 Ram no winders, emblems shaved,wooden running boards 318 auto. bought it brand new for 7500.00 never seen a winter for the twenty years I had her.Sold it in 1994 for 3500.00. After I sold it I used to see it on the road in the winter [Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 08th 2011 1:31 pm
She was Sweet
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 08th 2011 1:58 pm
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight

[Linked Image]

dang 500,000 more miles and youd out run al bundys dodge haha =)

or mabye this guy http://www.millionmilevan.com/
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 08th 2011 7:30 pm
thats cool..and damn alotta miles...
Posted By: draggnastro Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 08th 2011 9:15 pm

i would love to see my van hit 1 million miles. I bet theres a few on here getting fairly close to that. Howard?
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 10th 2011 6:15 pm

Some photos of my old vans on camping trips over the years smile
Posted By: 78Gaucho Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 19th 2012 10:35 pm
This is my 2nd van. My first van was a 88' Ford Econoline. It had more expandable fome in it than metal.I got this 78' Gaucho from the original owner back in 04'. Looking to give it the royal treatment soon. I'm finding out that restoring a van seems as hard as restoring a fancy foriegn car. OEM parts are hard to find and aftermarket parts never fit quite right. Why isn't there a Year One company for van parts? Vannin is the Best!!! Vans for life!!!! \ [img:center]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...321&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw[/img]
Posted By: 93GMC Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 25th 2012 12:27 pm
Originally Posted by al55

Some photos of my old vans on camping trips over the years smile

The wife and i were talking the other night about wanting to get ours out camping again, nice pics! they get the camping juices flowing!
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 26th 2012 4:57 am
love the camp pics, unfortunatly my wife thinks camping is HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ! lol She does enjoy the time at a good run, but she really prefers a hotel, motel is roughing it to her ! lol
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 26th 2012 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by MrHoney
My last Van I owned, 1982 Ram no winders, emblems shaved,wooden running boards 318 auto. bought it brand new for 7500.00 never seen a winter for the twenty years I had her.Sold it in 1994 for 3500.00. After I sold it I used to see it on the road in the winter [Linked Image]

beautiful van ...bet you wish you still had that one !
Posted By: MrHoney Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 26th 2012 8:45 pm
Originally Posted by HighwayStar
Originally Posted by MrHoney

beautiful van ...bet you wish you still had that one !

Please Highway, I have kicked myself in the ass over and over many times. What was I thinking crazy
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 26th 2012 9:49 pm
Some people just don't get it.They don't realize all the work that goes into them
Posted By: MrHoney Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 10th 2012 4:09 pm
Originally Posted by TonyinNY
Just picked up my first van. It's a '76 Ford 150 with a 351w in it. I'm now officially hooked on vans!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Somehow I missed this post blush
what a great van ya bought there, Good luck with her smile
Posted By: hwyhogg Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 22nd 2012 8:11 pm
Nice rides....any pics of interiors?
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 24th 2012 11:11 pm
[Linked Image]
a pic of my GMC just back from a beer run. beer
Posted By: Goose111 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 28th 2012 4:02 pm
My first Van was a 1988 Volkswagen Vanagon Multivan, similar to the weekender-model in the US.
I got it brand-new in november 1987:

[Linked Image]

Through this Vanagon, I came in contact with the german van-scene and that led to my first fullsize-Van, a 1982 G20 with 305 V8 and 350 transmission. Original, it was beige, but got an new paint for the selling-auction, and it arrived in may 1991 from Miami:

[Linked Image]

Sorry for the poor quality of this photo, it was done in the pre-digital era. The photo was shot that day, when the G20 was replaced with a 1986 GMC Vandura 2500 wiht a 350 V8 and a TH400 transmission:

[Linked Image]

This Van was sold in summer 1999, and for the next year I only had the red Vanagon, until I bought in august 2003 the Highway-Bully.

Since december 2009 I only have the Highway-Bully and a VW Caddy Maxi as daily-driver.

And the Eriba Touring is on all pictures the same trailer, first in original red-colour and in my signature as it looks today.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 28th 2012 4:20 pm
Very nice Goose
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 28th 2012 8:20 pm
Very cool van pics through the years.
Posted By: lukester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 29th 2012 3:44 am
Originally Posted by Wizard78
Very nice Goose

yeah you have had some nice ones over the years.
Posted By: Goose111 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 29th 2012 5:03 pm
Thank's.

The red G20 was a stock-conversion with a little bit worn out inside.
So I removed everything behind the cab, welded (let weld) in a tube-framing for a dividerwall and for some side-cabinets and had a raw wood base for the bad. No curtains, only milky plastic sticked to the windows.
Than the rumour about more emission-control and so on came up, and so I decided to get a van with a controlled catalystic system.
Sadly, at that time the all talked about US catalystic system, but overall, the original system wasn't accepted over here and you didn't got any discount on the annual tax.
The Vandura 2500 I bought in northern germany, and it was refurbished by the dealer before I got it.
But sadly, on the way to the first meeting, the next morning we discovered a wet wall inside. I tried to get it fixed, found a bad hole under the plastic roof, but never got it really sealed.

And than, another rumour came up regarding the annual tax, and it this would have come true, the Van wouldn't have any worth anymore.
So, I sold it and stepped back to my red Vanagon.
I modified it inside a little bit, added the plastic bumpers and some more.

And the Highway Bully is a really show-van, at the moment absolute empty in the cargo-area. Before I will do anything, I will try to do as much as possible to prevent the classic corrosion at the seals between the sidepanels. Than I have to put some insulation in it, and what I finally will do is not decided yet.
And at least, their are some more modifications planned to the outside and the cab.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 29th 2012 5:16 pm
Great pictures guys! Keep um coming. cool
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 31st 2012 12:35 am
A shot of my '98 Ford sold it to a buddy from work when I bought the '02 Dodge.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dragonartlord Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 28th 2012 3:46 am
man what a great collection of vans...
Posted By: Helmar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 02nd 2012 5:38 am
I am just digging mine out of 4 or more years of living out in the elements up in Quilcene Washington. Salt air, the whole deal. Now I have her back in Sandy Oregon which is just East of Portland Oregon going up towards Mount Hood.
Lots of work needs done..
But, parts are still available so I am going for it.
Almost lost her...She is a 1976 Dodge B200 Custom model
[Linked Image][Linked Image]One more. Just waxed her.[Linked Image]
Posted By: 86ed Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 03rd 2012 1:13 am
love the 70's Dodge shorty's and yours looks sweet. good luck with it.
Posted By: Uncle Blaino Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 03rd 2012 3:36 am
Shorty Dodge...
Did you used to truck with Rain City Vans?
Posted By: Helmar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 03rd 2012 4:21 am
Originally Posted by 86ed
love the 70's Dodge shorty's and yours looks sweet. good luck with it.

From what I can see of yours, its looking pretty sweet.
My air damn was toast, same with the fender flair kit.
Posted By: Helmar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 03rd 2012 4:35 am
Originally Posted by Uncle Blaino
Shorty Dodge...
Did you used to truck with Rain City Vans?

No, I didn't personally with it but from what I understand, Shortys Dodge Inc produced a few of these fully tricked out.
This one was a total sin bin, bed, beer cooler and tunes.

I seem to be the second or really third owner.
Seems a little rich kid with a drug problem and this was one of Daddys gifts for him.
I found it on Auto Row (82nd Ave in Portland Oregon) in the back line. It was just setting with a dead battery and they told the story to me about how the Dad traded it in for a pickup truck.
The Van was not detailed, had a known short to pull the battery down (it was the radio :-) and Full of Service stickers. Seemed junior was at least taking it in for oil changes and service, but not cleaning or taking care of much anything else. I bought it for a song back in about 1981.
Over the years, she has a fresh 318, new Carter carb, Fresh transmission, fresh rubber and so on. Just a good ol van.

That van has been all over Portland, Vancouver down to Eugene, up north to Port Townsend quite often. Well, up to about 4 years ago when I parked her. Wife was bitching about the cost of tags, insurance and that kind of crap.
Dumped the wife, kept the van !!!
Oh wow...Too long, might get cut...
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 04th 2012 2:19 pm
Found a couple of old shots of my '86 Dodge
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
just goes to show you what a difference few months can make. lol
Posted By: ghey4shortys74 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 17th 2012 7:39 am
[Linked Image]

My first, kinda, I had a 66 econo pick up first but really never got it on the road before offing it. 300 clams I gave for this one, she wasn't pretty, leaked a fair amount but I loved it. I LOVE my Chevy but there is something about these 2nd gen Econo's that rev's my engine.
Posted By: The_Evil_Hippie Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 25th 2012 3:21 pm
Some nice one's fer sure!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 25th 2012 3:39 pm
[Linked Image]

Or a few yrs ....you still have the same hat & shirt on....
Posted By: DOX80DODGE Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 26th 2012 5:06 am
My 1980 dodge B200...presently in prime...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 26th 2012 11:38 am
Cool old pics,Keep them coming
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 26th 2012 11:30 pm
Found pic of my '81 Ford Chateau Club Wagon
[Linked Image]
I think I still have those driving lights.
Posted By: clam Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 30th 2012 9:09 am
http://carphotos4.cardomain.com/images/0016/31/64/16001346_large.jpg

my first van that got me hooked, sadly I hit a deer one morning on my way home from work.
now in a junkyard for others to get sweet interior parts.

http://carphotos2.cardomain.com/images/0016/31/44/16001344_large.jpg?v=1

and this is its replacement my 2003 dodge ram 1500 cargo
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 30th 2012 12:56 pm
Originally Posted by ghey4shortys74
[Linked Image]

there is something about these 2nd gen Econo's that rev's my engine.

_____________me too ! cool
Posted By: MrHoney Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 30th 2012 1:01 pm
My four reds 69 75 82 87 devildevildevildevil
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 30th 2012 8:50 pm
My old 87 Chevy.........miss this van and is the reason I just bought another Chevy shorty chevy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 4:42 am
sweet chevy
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 11:04 am
That was nice Pete,where did it go to?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 1:12 pm
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1
That was nice Pete,where did it go to?

Hi Jim....2 brothers from St. Lois drove out in a laid out 4 door Jeep Wrangler with cash and drove it home ..but underside was a little rusty and it had a 4.3 in it ..so I just didn't know about dumping more money in it......
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 1:13 pm
Originally Posted by chevyvan93
sweet chevy

Thank you Darrin..
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 6:15 pm
Originally Posted by frscke1
[Linked Image]

Or a few yrs ....you still have the same hat & shirt on....

Ya but it is such a comfortable hat. yay
[Linked Image]
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 6:17 pm
Beauty chevy you had Highway!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 31st 2012 8:01 pm
Beauty chevy you had Highway!

____thanks Al !
Posted By: BudVanBeer1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 4:27 am
About time I joined this post...

[Linked Image]
This was my first Van purchased new in Aug. '78 as an empty box. This pic is circa '85
Posted By: BudVanBeer1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 4:43 am
OK, that worked!! Here's a pic of my '83 the day after I bought it...got the Truckers Unlimited Plate on it right away!
[Linked Image]

Here's my avatar pic blown up. The burnout contest at Septemberfest in Maryland 1994.
[Linked Image]

And this is why we christened our house "The Bow-Tie Ranch"!!
[Linked Image]
This was about 1999, I had just purchased the Early, the Blazer was up for sale, I had recently gotten the P/U for work, Melinda's Astro and my '83 in the back. The '83 is the only one we still have.

This goes with the post above, Camaro side scoop installation, prior to having them fiberglassed in
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 11:32 am
Cool,I have video of that burnout shift
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 1:50 pm
Great pics Buddy...thanks for sharing !!! cheers
Posted By: BudVanBeer1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 4:02 pm
Wizard, let me know what to do to get a copy of that!!
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 4:16 pm
cool old pics thanks for posting!! yay
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2012 5:27 pm
PM sent Buddy
Posted By: Misty Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 24th 2012 2:40 am
I am envious of all of the beautiful vans!! van
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 28th 2013 11:35 pm
I just found a pic of my 89 Dodge it is from a few years ago
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 29th 2013 9:48 pm
Nice smile
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 29th 2013 9:55 pm
Here is a 74 GMC that I had.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 29th 2013 11:06 pm
Originally Posted by Lee7673
[Linked Image]

Way cool Lee........ drool
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 29th 2013 11:19 pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My 79 StreetVan Dodge I sold Doni a couple years ago

Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 30th 2013 2:08 am
Lee that was a nice 74!
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 31st 2013 4:12 am
Beauty GMC cool

Beauty Dodge cool
Gotta love those Dodges yay
Posted By: mikehowell Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 18th 2013 3:32 am
I WISH I COULD FIND MY OLD CHEVY. I REMEMBER DRIVING TO SOUTHERN CALF TO THE 8TH ANNUAL VAN NATIONALS AT POMONA FAIR GROUNDS, WERE THERE WAS 10.000 + VANS. THEN AFTER THAT WE DROVE UP TO KING CITIES VAN SHOW. STILL HAVE ALL THE DASH PLAQUES AND PICTURES, I STILL REMEMBER SEEING THE VAN RACES IN THE DIRT THOSE WERE THE DAYS
Posted By: TunaBoat Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - April 11th 2013 6:31 am
Sweet ride. I think I seen this on ebay, and a video on youtube.
Posted By: NateB Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 18th 2013 8:33 pm
My old 84 GMC G-1500. It was a Starcraft conversion, 305/4bbl. Ran great and rode great.....kinda miss it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2013 10:43 am
My 73 Dodge was a Street Van before they made Steet Vans
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2013 10:44 am
[Linked Image]

Nice what happened to it?
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2013 12:41 pm
Originally Posted by Wizard78
[Linked Image]

Nice what happened to it?
I got married and took a job (and moved) to downtown DC and had no place to park it so I sold it.
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2013 2:08 pm
My first van, a 1979 Econoline 150. Had a 300 i6 and a 4-speed on the floor w/overdrive. Had 8" aluminum slots with BFG Radials on all 4 corners, otherwise bone stock. Bough it off my friends dads boss, who owned a local machine shop. this was one of their older shop trucks, retired to a field behind the shop. Paid $100 for it, dropped in a battery and it fired right up on gas that was probably 5+ years old. Aired up the tires and had my dad drive it home (I was 14 and didn't have a license yet). Later sold to a local guy for a decent profit. Still see it downtown sometimes. This is the only pic I still have. Didn't have a digital camera back then!
[Linked Image]
Some of you guys will remember my second van, I joined the forums here after I bought it. 1978 Dodge B200 Tradesman short wheelbase. 318/727, 15x7 & 15x8" Torq-Thrust "D" wheels. No windows. Paid $600, sold to a member here when I moved out of my parents house and needed to come up with some quick cash for a security deposit. Miss the old girl!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Stock 318 out of a 1980s Chrysler 5th Ave w/Weiand alum. intake and Edelbrock 500, plus some chrome dress-up stuff.
[Linked Image]
I also had a 1990 Plymouth Voyager briefly, but it was a beater and pretty much un-photo worthy. Plan on keeping the '83, someday I'd like to own one Dodge van of each generation/body style. '64-'70 A100, '71-'77/'78 Tradesman, '79-'93 Ram Van, and maybe a '94-up conversion as a daily driver.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 19th 2013 11:37 pm
Cool Matt !
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 22nd 2013 4:53 pm
cool pics I know what you mean about missing your old van. cry
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - June 23rd 2013 11:57 am
Yea I still miss my 73 Dodge
Posted By: Gaucho Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 06th 2013 12:41 am
This is my old '66 Dodge with a '70 340 out of a "Swinger"
I blew up three rear ends and two HD 727 transmissions. lol
Scared a few people taken them for rides but mostly scared myself! shocked

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gaucho Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 06th 2013 12:44 am
[Linked Image]

I'm likin' the Rallies. smile
Posted By: spanishfly Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 07th 2013 9:00 pm
My first van, a 1979 Econoline 150. Had a 300 i6 and a 4-speed on the floor w/overdrive. Had 8" aluminum slots with BFG Radials on all 4 corners, otherwise bone stock. Bough it off my friends dads boss, who owned a local machine shop. this was one of their older shop trucks, retired to a field behind the shop. Paid $100 for it, dropped in a battery and it fired right up on gas that was probably 5+ years old. Aired up the tires and had my dad drive it home (I was 14 and didn't have a license yet). Later sold to a local guy for a decent profit. Still see it downtown sometimes. This is the only pic I still have. Didn't have a digital camera back then!
[Linked Image]
Some of you guys will remember my second van, I joined the forums here after I bought it. 1978 Dodge B200 Tradesman short wheelbase. 318/727, 15x7 & 15x8" Torq-Thrust "D" wheels. No windows. Paid $600, sold to a member here when I moved out of my parents house and needed to come up with some quick cash for a security deposit. Miss the old girl!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Stock 318 out of a 1980s Chrysler 5th Ave w/Weiand alum. intake and Edelbrock 500, plus some chrome dress-up stuff.
[Linked Image]
I also had a 1990 Plymouth Voyager briefly, but it was a beater and pretty much un-photo worthy. Plan on keeping the '83, someday I'd like to own one Dodge van of each generation/body style. '64-'70 A100, '71-'77/'78 Tradesman, '79-'93 Ram Van, and maybe a '94-up conversion as a daily driver.

Your vans seem to be getting nicer as they come and go?[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boopvanner Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2013 2:01 pm

New BOOP II.....2011 Dodge Caravan SRT loaded riding on 20's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Boopvanner Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2013 2:19 pm

Work van riding on 20's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2013 7:21 pm
Originally Posted by spanishfly
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Your vans seem to be getting nicer as they come and go?[Linked Image]

Thanks Spanishfly, I like to think so. They get incrementally more expensive, anyway. The Econo: $100. The orange Tradesman: $600. The current B150: $2000 plus wheels/tires.
Posted By: StreetVan77 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 03rd 2013 1:06 am
Originally Posted by wookee
Most of you that know me from here and the chat room know i am a big Chevy fan.My first van was a Ford of all things.
I bought this Ford in the fall of 78.made my first Truck In in 79
the former owner had a nice start to the van and i added my own personal touches to it.It was a rebuilt 289 with a 3 speed(back wards) floor shifter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

An air brush artist by the name of Vic Curry did the art work on the back doors.

[Linked Image]

My next van was my 1st Early Chevy.This van I boughtt for 800.00 and completly rebuilt the whole van and had it painted.Rebuilt the six and installed a later modle sycronised 3on the tree tranny in it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got tired of driving a pick up back and forth to work so I bought a 77 Chevy Van for a daily driver.Which got totalled in front of the bar we held our van club meetings at.A couple of weeks after the accident I bought my first band new van.Here is a picture of it leading a convoy of fellow vanners out of "Van stomp" in 86

[Linked Image]

I thought it was cool that it still had the temporay tags on it an I already had a brand new set of Cragers all the way around it

[Linked Image]

The next summer I got the "Right" tire and wheel combo on it

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Being a daily driver I had her set up with a set of truck rallies for the winter

[Linked Image]

..............Wookee

Hey Wookee, I'm just starting to make my way around the site and ran across this post of yours from 06. Your Chevy shorty looks great ! I had an 81 GMC black shorty with a similar look, even the California Odyssey Wing ! I'm going to dig out the pictures one day and post them. Anyway, great looking vans ! smile

Posted By: StreetVan77 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 03rd 2013 2:04 am
Wookee, Here are a couple pics of my 81 GMC. My scanner isn't working so I had to take a pic of the pics with my phone. rolleyes

I still need to find some pics when I was a little farther along with it. These were taken in 81 & 82.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 03rd 2013 2:26 am
Originally Posted by StreetVan77
Wookee, Here are a couple pics of my 81 GMC. My scanner isn't working so I had to take a pic of the pics with my phone. rolleyes

I still need to find some pics when I was a little farther along with it. These were taken in 81 & 82.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

----------- cheers
Posted By: StreetVan77 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 03rd 2013 2:52 am
Originally Posted by HighwayStar
Originally Posted by StreetVan77

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

----------- cheers

The good ol days !! Kinda wish I still had the GMC now too grin
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 05th 2013 5:21 pm
Found a pic of my '82 Ford we were camping as usual
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 05th 2013 10:26 pm
Cool pics
Posted By: lukester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 06th 2013 12:36 am
That red Caravan looks sweet.
Posted By: Swiss_Eagle Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 28th 2013 1:20 am
My poor ole girl getting ready for some canoe action.

The van is in the pic too cool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jules73 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 01st 2014 2:05 pm
My old Dodge that i had about 12 years ago
[Linked Image]
Posted By: outskirtscustoms Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 30th 2014 10:52 pm
1962 Corvair Greenbriar van, turned out to be more of a project that I could tackle at the time
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My latest project a 1980 Dodge B-series van Been sitting in a garage since 1987 and has almost no rust at all.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 04th 2014 9:34 pm
Posted By: outskirtscustoms Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 04th 2014 9:45 pm

Oh yeah! I loved the Corvair too but the roof was about to fall off from all the rust and the motor locked up from the previous owner not checking the oil. I can't complain I traded a 3 wheel bicycle even up for it and sold it for $500 so I made out like a bandit and helped a buddy get a van. He's in the process of restoring it into a 70's gasser van... "The Greenbriar Tire Fryer"
Posted By: sregdor Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 04th 2014 9:56 pm
Nice Vans WOW.
Posted By: outskirtscustoms Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 04th 2014 10:38 pm
Thanks, The Corvair had 53,000 original miles but motor locked from lack of oil and it was stored outside for several years so the roof was shot. Here's some more pictures of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Mountainman Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 07th 2014 11:00 pm
I bought my 1988 Ford Club Wagon from the original owner, he used it for 26 years as a "Gig Van" for his Bluegrass/Gospel group. I went to their Websight to listen to some of their music and sure enough there was a picture of my van from back in the day.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jules73 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 08th 2014 9:11 am
Originally Posted by Mountainman
I bought my 1988 Ford Club Wagon from the original owner, he used it for 26 years as a "Gig Van" for his Bluegrass/Gospel group. I went to their Websight to listen to some of their music and sure enough there was a picture of my van from back in the day.
[Linked Image]

Thats a good find! Did they have anymore pics of it?
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 08th 2014 5:21 pm
cool pics guys
Posted By: wookee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 13th 2014 6:04 am
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DirtyVanchez Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 17th 2014 10:37 pm
bow Yea Wookie! That yard of Vans is fantastic. All I got is a photo of my one and only van ever in a winter appropriate shot from a recent snow with my dog taking a piss in the background. Sweet pics folks!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 18th 2014 2:07 am
Originally Posted by DirtyVanchez
bow Yea Wookie! That yard of Vans is fantastic. All I got is a photo of my one and only van ever in a winter appropriate shot from a recent snow with my dog taking a piss in the background. Sweet pics folks!

[Linked Image]

Your dogs like....give me some privacy dude..... lol
Posted By: DirtyVanchez Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 18th 2014 2:04 pm
haha...He's just keepin one eye on me...doesn't want me to take a ride in the van without him! He'll drop trow in front of anyone, he ain't shy.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 18th 2014 2:21 pm
Originally Posted by DirtyVanchez
haha...He's just keepin one eye on me...doesn't want me to take a ride in the van without him! He'll drop trow in front of anyone, he ain't shy.

yeah, I love dogs....."mans best friend" smile
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 21st 2014 9:19 pm
At least you dog knows not to piss on your ride,you must have him well trained. grin
Posted By: lanmentor Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - April 05th 2014 9:45 pm

My first van. Aka Vandola
1967 Dodge A100, Slant6, 3Tree, 4.56 gears. (ex PacBell van)

[Linked Image]

Looks like I was running some souped up Datsun 240z hubcaps back in 1977. Not there yet, but Dad helped me install a Venturi Vent up top. :-)

Finally one night in 1985, as I slept, there was a horrible electrical fire in the Vandola. Sold it and purchased my first Dodge 1966 Town Wagon D100.

Ok enuff of my babbling. :-)
Posted By: al55 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - April 07th 2014 12:43 am
COOL PIC MUST BRING BACK MEMORIES. cool
Posted By: JDouglas Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 20th 2014 3:39 am
My first van was a 1975 Chevy Van G20. V6, auto trans. No A/C, No power anything, bare walls and simple drivers seat. It was new out of the showroom and had that "new" smell for a long time.

My second van was a 1977 Ford E-150 customized with a sink, fridge, carpeted interior. Half of the lower portion of the passenger side was rusted out and the gas tank had water in it.

The third van for me was 1987 Dodge Caravan. It was a gift to me from a friend.

My 4th van was a new 1995 Ford E-150 with the Mark III conversion package. It was a beautiful teal color and was a high top van. 5.8L, OD trans. Greatest van i've ever owned.

My 5th van is my current van. It is a 1993 Chevy Van G20 with a conversion package inside. 5.0L, OD Trans, power windows and locks. This van is driven a lot.
Posted By: cwc Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 01st 2014 12:01 am
Thanks for the chance to bring my vans back to life, at least the image of them.

My first van was a 73 Dodge back in 77, black rusty cargo van that I cut my teeth on that I worked on but forgot to take pictures of because I was too busy having fun.

Then I got serious, (still had fun though),

My second 76 B200 around 79,

[Linked Image]

My third, a 74? B200 around 84,

[Linked Image]

My third redone,

[Linked Image]

Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to learn whatever happened to them. It is a shame about some of the things we get rid of and don't realize at the time how important they really were.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 01st 2014 9:47 pm
Originally Posted by cwc
Thanks for the chance to bring my vans back to life, at least the image of them.

My first van was a 73 Dodge back in 77, black rusty cargo van that I cut my teeth on that I worked on but forgot to take pictures of because I was too busy having fun.

Then I got serious, (still had fun though),

My second 76 B200 around 79,

[Linked Image]

My third, a 74? B200 around 84,

[Linked Image]

My third redone,

[Linked Image]

Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to learn whatever happened to them. It is a shame about some of the things we get rid of and don't realize at the time how important they really were.

So true...cool pics ,thanks for sharing..
Posted By: skippy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 06th 2014 7:28 pm
OMG !!! it would take days of searching to find pics of some of my old vans , plus theres many that never had their pics taken . been a vanner for 35 years & have had ..... i'd say at least 30 vans over the years . started out with a 69 ford cargo al done up inside & out , bought it from a buddy already done up .
mostly chevys after that , with a couple dodges thrown in there , the dodges were 77's .... i seemed to like that year & had a couple of them .
then i switch to asro's for the last 15 years or so , had about a dozen of them & now i'm back into the full sized chevys again .... hightop conversions are Sweet blank canvases to start a custom job on .
Posted By: skippy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - December 06th 2014 7:54 pm
The wife present 2005 astro

[Linked Image]

one of my 95 astros ,my first one

[Linked Image]

My second one lol

[Linked Image]

my 93 conversion i just tore down for parts for my 94 in my sig

[Linked Image]

a few of the astro's i had at one time , the white one on the left was a 2" lifted awd , the blue one with the black GMC nose was a 92 with a 350 installed & lowered 2"

[Linked Image]

a better shot of the 92 350 hotrod van with the 95 GMC nose job

[Linked Image]

My 88 silver bullet & the 92 lifted AWD

[Linked Image]

Thats just the ones i still have pics of .....

Posted By: wademo Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - July 08th 2015 1:31 pm
This is my 6th. One Dodge, one Ford, two Astros, two Chevys. I think I will be keeping this on for quite awhile. shocked
Posted By: JIm Rockford Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 06th 2015 2:34 pm
My first van was about a year and a half ago.. 1990 Club wagon 460 e4od, 4.11s great van, no seats in the back. but I sold it for some reason...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
then I got a 2004 express 2500 cargo , I liked this van , but it was just too new .
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sold it bought my suburban then traded the suburban for my 69 g20 sportvan..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sold that then bought my current suburban, now its for sale and I just picked my 94 g20 sportvan up...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: carboncrew Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 30th 2015 3:59 pm
Good morning Vanning.com. I am new here, just thought I'd share my new project. I plan on turning it into a fun tailgating retro 70's hot rod thing.

This is how I found it:

[Linked Image]

Where it is now:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 30th 2015 5:02 pm
Welcome to the site carboncrew ....
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - September 30th 2015 9:49 pm
Looks like a great project! Good to have ya here.
Posted By: carboncrew Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 01st 2015 1:33 pm
Thanks guys. Been reading in the background for awhile now...thought it was time to join the crew!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 01st 2015 9:36 pm
Good luck carboncrew ... cheers
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 04th 2015 8:55 pm
Cool van with a great history!
Posted By: lukester Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 05th 2015 1:41 am
Welcome to the site Carboncrew.
Posted By: carboncrew Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 05th 2015 1:49 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome. It should be fun!
Posted By: CaptainBones Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 09th 2015 4:00 pm
Hi all, in my introduction post I said that this was my first van. I should have said my first van in the USA, My wife and I had lived in Japan for 12 years. My first van was a Mitsubishi Delica .....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes the steering wheel was on the opposite side!

[Linked Image]

Yes it was tricky to drive on some of those narrow streets over there, fortunately my house had a BIG garage. My oldest daughter looks tiny in there (she was only 3).

[Linked Image]

and now my new van a 1976 Dodge B200 "Spirit of 76" Bicentennial Van, by Vantastic Interiors produced by Hop-Cap Inc. . . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and yes it still has its timbered ceiling with recessed lights in the roof beams....

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 86ed Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 10th 2015 2:58 am
Very cool
Posted By: carboncrew Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 23rd 2015 5:41 pm
Update: Got the 'slambulance' lowered, side pipes on, buffed (again), new pinstripe, the 'new' old light bar.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 23rd 2015 10:46 pm
Beautiful van. And I laughed out loud at the cleverness of the "Slambulance" name. lol
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 24th 2015 12:21 am
Sweet ride!
Posted By: Sammy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 24th 2015 12:26 am
Nice van, your should be able to get people out of your way with that one lol cheers
Posted By: lostinthe70eees Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 24th 2015 1:59 am
Originally Posted by carboncrew
Update: Got the 'slambulance' lowered, side pipes on, buffed (again), new pinstripe, the 'new' old light bar.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bad ass.....
Posted By: tuner4life Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 24th 2015 1:07 pm
The "slambulance" is great! Really making me reconsider the direction I want to go with wheels..
Posted By: JDouglas Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - January 02nd 2016 12:12 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: PonyPete Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - May 06th 2016 11:57 pm
my first was an 89 econoline. Sadly it died last year.
[Linked Image]

Picked up a new one, a 95 Vandura high top
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Discobee Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - February 21st 2017 7:42 am
My first van in the mid 1990's Honolulu, Hawaii - Dodge Ram (This van has some stories!! Lol)

[Linked Image]

Second van in the late 1990's Honolulu, Hawaii - Chevrolet G series (Didn't have this one for that long)

[Linked Image]

Current van in Seattle, Washington - GMC Savana AWD (acquired in Dec 2016)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gladiator Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 10th 2017 4:15 am
My Grandpa had two Dodge vans before the Chevy one I have now.

Not sure what size engines they had, unfortunately I can't find any paperwork on them in Grandma's house.

1983 Dodge Ram Van, wasn't born yet when he had this one.

Grandpa fixing something on it in 86 or 87

[Linked Image]

1983 Vacation

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1987 Dodge Ram Van B150, I have some memories of this van.

[Linked Image]

Grandma Grandpa late 80s, with another van in the background:
[Linked Image]

I forgot it had a red interior

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BVM Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 21st 2017 1:28 am
Hey everyone! New here and glad I found you. Pretty excited to check out all the vans. Had my 1985 g20 since I was 16, my old man was cool enough to give it to me and help me hot rod it a little with a 400 small block with some goodies. Fast forward 20 years to last fall and I'm busy with wife and kids but my old van was still in storage at my dad's house. My old man being the awesome dude he is up and decided to redo the old girl. He put a 454 in it with a bunch of his race parts and a 700R4. Then he painted it. He delivered it to me to button up the details. Made my year!! Still a lot to do but I drive it every weekend as long as the weather is good. The best is the unsuspecting mustang and camaro drivers. Cheers!

Attached picture IMG_3834.JPG
Posted By: frscke1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 21st 2017 3:11 am
Welcome to the site BVM .... yes 454's do love a mustang or 2 for lunch now & then ....lol

Ive had my share & a 460 E350...lol

Again welcome
Posted By: BVM Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 21st 2017 7:09 pm
Thank you very much! Glad to be here
Posted By: Bobhdus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 11th 2018 3:32 am
Had an old 99 E350XL (in school bus yellow) I picked up from the local DOT, currently driving a white 2003 E250 Cargo Van. Just bought a 74 GMC Step Van (aka Value Van). It has a 350 with 4 spd manual. I think it’s a 14’ box.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 11th 2018 4:08 am
Welcome to the site Bob ...
Posted By: BigTime Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 11th 2018 9:24 am
my first van 1980,(bedford1977) sadly the only pic i have, and a bad one at that,i had the antenna frenched, hood scoop,4 speed manual floor shift,high speed diff,driver and passenger doors where sliders,so you could legally drive with doors open

Attached picture Pic_0811_968.jpg
Posted By: Bobhdus Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - August 11th 2018 6:40 pm
Originally Posted by Bobhdus
Had an old 99 E350XL (in school bus yellow) I picked up from the local DOT, currently driving a white 2003 E250 Cargo Van. Just bought a 74 GMC Step Van (aka Value Van). It has a 350 with 4 spd manual. I think it’s a 14’ box.

Attached picture D6CC27CD-76F5-4D8F-80BC-0397BAD942A0.png
Attached picture F4EA2FA2-FDEF-46D5-9FE0-0E737A0B3CFF.png
Attached picture 0DA4710A-9DDA-4F90-A675-39F928A71B72.png
Posted By: ReVANant1950 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 10th 2019 10:44 pm
My second van. RIP.

I'm not sure this will post successfully, but it's worth a try. This is a poor photo (Kodak Instamatic 1979) of our '69 Ford. It still breaks my heart to see it. Dawson City, Yukon, one day after the '79 Spring Breakup flood. We spent the whole summer cleaning and flushing
out, but the river silt had gotten everywhere. The van always leaked a bit from the gas tank after a fill-up, and on our first night's drive heading south in the fall I looked in the mirror and saw flames and sparks coming from the rear wheel beneath the leak. Even with new brakes and wheel bearings. We pulled off, doused the flames, and had to leave it, we couldn't afford to spend more money and time on it. A friend retrieved it later, but we never saw it again.

Attached picture 69 econo flood photo.jpg
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 15th 2022 7:17 pm
See SDMickey.....I wasn't always a Mopar or No Car guy....my first 2 vans were Chevy. This is my second van named Blue Illusion and it was a 74 GMC

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]BI2(1) by Lee Hatfield, on Flickr
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]BI2 by Lee Hatfield, on Flickr
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - March 16th 2022 1:45 am
I am on # 30 but still can't post!
Posted By: 74ChevyVan Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 08th 2022 2:04 pm
I was 19 yrs old when I bought my first van in 1979. Unfortunately I waited over 40 years until I bought my second one. I won't wait 40 years until I get my third

Attached picture image (62).jpg
Attached picture image (63).jpg
Attached picture image (64).jpg
Attached picture image001.PNG
Posted By: OVANNER Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 08th 2022 5:31 pm
Love those fog lights on the red one! Awesome van!
Posted By: SDMickey Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 08th 2022 8:56 pm
No doubt. Primo van and EXCELLENT choice in music
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - November 11th 2022 1:00 pm
Awesome rides man!
Posted By: soundhd Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 22nd 2023 5:57 pm
A 76 Chevy (full size) purchased new, 78 Chevy Shorty & my "current " project a 91 Chevy shorty....

Attached picture 76 Chevy Van 1.JPG
Attached picture 78 Chevy Van small 3.JPG
Attached picture 91 VAN 10-21-23 1.jpg
Attached picture 91 VAN 10-21-23 2.jpg
Posted By: Wedgy Re: "YOUR" Vans thru the years! - October 22nd 2023 7:46 pm
Very nice fleet up there Greg. I like the stacked quad headlight grill in 90, 91. Clean vans. !
See a lot of vehicles for sale from Rust Country, and just smile. Nice job keeping up yours.

Been looking for interior seats, a bed setup. For the EXT.
My JY not my JY sold off all the vans. Slim inventory of vans. IDK about the Fords. lol

I looked at FB marketplace here in town on Wednesday. Wut? ". G20 van, with a picture of a blue captains chair seat. Said fold down rear seat too. $75. Clicked and we met up today, I gave her $80. Way nice Glaval convo setup. As new, both seats swivel bases, Chevy seat belts, they adjust, and recline. Nice controls. Bed is heavy. lol

Nice Mom, her Beefy 15 year old Vanner Son. 'Your G20?" Son, "Yeah.."
"Is it a 350?" Mom nods, 'Yeah." lol "

"Wow! 1990, I've got a 1990 Chevy too. A BBC 7.4 454. These are going in there, So sweet they all match, thanks you guys so much!!"

He and Mom helped with the yuge fold down, and He carried each seat over to the tailgate, and we strapped in. Thanked them profusely, All our 2 my, 2 their dogs made friends, only 1 ran away! lol

Told them about Vanning.com, and some of the Vans. Eyes get wide at the mention of BBC. Young Vanner, "Cool." Mom smiles grin

"You building out your own interior?" "Yeah..." grin cheers

Made it home, only one strap came off. lol That's a good day picking. In town! Yay!!

pics after unloading. Van On!
© Vannin' Community and Forums