Vannin' Home
Posted By: G20Hunter 94 g20 lock switch - July 19th 2021 1:11 pm
so the switch in my van is only locking on the driver's side. it does not unlock. passenger side door unlocks and locks. i am guessing it is the switch? i tried to google the part, summit,amazon,ebay. but they all said not for my year when it prompts me to put in my year van. does anyone know where i can get this? is the switch different for a gladiator conversion van? thanks
Posted By: frscke1 Re: 94 g20 lock switch - July 19th 2021 3:22 pm
Autozone has them and every where else also... they are the same from 88 - 95

https://www.autozone.com/collision-body-parts-and-hardware/power-door-lock-switch/chevrolet/g20

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-901-010-Door-Lock-Switch/dp/B001C6Q8CA

https://www.ebay.com/b/Interior-Switches-Controls-for-Chevrolet-G20/50459/bn_1652224
Posted By: G20Hunter Re: 94 g20 lock switch - July 20th 2021 12:44 pm
thanks for the reply. i did see those ones but wasn't sure as the photos looked different from mine

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

the one from the sites. are the pics on the site one of those "product shown may look different than the actual"?

Posted By: NTvan Re: 94 g20 lock switch - August 16th 2021 9:49 pm
Is the actual switch a separate piece from the chrome trim. My two door lock switches are both functional but no trim. Probably easier just to replace the whole unit though no?
Posted By: NTvan Re: 94 g20 lock switch - October 29th 2021 10:27 pm
Originally Posted by G20Hunter
thanks for the reply. i did see those ones but wasn't sure as the photos looked different from mine

the one from the sites. are the pics on the site one of those "product shown may look different than the actual"?

Turns out I have the same style plug on my van. And the ones linked are definitely different. Did you ever figure out a fix?
Posted By: soundhd Re: 94 g20 lock switch - November 15th 2021 12:45 am
I would test the lock by bypassing the switch first. Does the pass side door switch operate the drivers door lock both ways? If yes you could try to remove the pass switch, install it on the drivers door and see if it works there…is yes then it is the switch…..if no could be the a bad sylinoid or a damaged or loose wire.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: 94 g20 lock switch - November 23rd 2021 8:13 pm
I just bought one for my 95 and the pins did not line up either I only need the mounting frame but they seem to be different in 94 & 95. Good luck with your search.
Posted By: NTvan Re: 94 g20 lock switch - November 25th 2021 7:41 pm
Originally Posted by OVANNER
I just bought one for my 95 and the pins did not line up either I only need the mounting frame but they seem to be different in 94 & 95. Good luck with your search.

Thinking about either trying to solder the connections to the new switches or making some sort of plug to to use. Can't find a different switch or plug to save my life.
© Vannin' Community and Forums