Vannin' Home
Posted By: Killawattz ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 02nd 2020 5:49 am
Hello,

For the most part, the van runs flawlessly now except for this one issue. At speeds over 75, the ABS light comes on, followed by the regular red parking brake light. Once I decelerate below 75, the red light goes out, and then the ABS light goes out as well. No stored codes. This is a 94 G20 with a 5.7l. The brakes work fine as far as I can tell, have plenty of pad left.

I took it to a mechanic, they said they couldn't duplicate it (which is total BS as I can get it to come on every time with no issue), so I'm looking for ideas as to what it could be and try to deal with it myself.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 02nd 2020 2:49 pm
It is the speed censors on your wheel hubs... or the wire that leads to it.
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 02nd 2020 3:35 pm
What Frscke said, I currently have a 99 Tahoe that has had the ABS light on for several months. Had 2 repair shops code it and they both said it was either the censor or the wire that hooks on at the hub. The brakes work fine, so I am doing nothing with it. On the 99 the sensor is in the hub, which cost between $200-300 for the part. Every Chevy I have owned gave me problems with that wheel sensor.
Posted By: Lionhead Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 02nd 2020 4:58 pm
When my abs light came on I replaced the black box under the left fender. 90 G20. Cheap at the boneyard.that box fits about a zillion pick up and vans. Itook one off a pick up because it was so easy to get to. Paid $30 , might have been too much
Posted By: Killawattz Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 03rd 2020 12:12 am
Thanks guys, I'll look into that.
Posted By: Scrojira Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 03rd 2020 3:00 am
Remove the bulbs from your cluster. Problem solved!
Posted By: Lionhead Re: ABS and Brake light comes on over 75 - October 03rd 2020 3:18 am
I like to know all my systems are working especially brakes.
© Vannin' Community and Forums