Vannin' Home
Posted By: ReRide Pop out window - August 10th 2022 2:33 am
My side pop out windows on my vandura need the weatherstripping replaced. The problem is the corners are not rounded like the rear windows, they are 90 degree corners and the existing rubber looks like it was miter cut then glued or bonded on something. I know what size and style or rubber to get, just not sure how to make the sharp corners. Does anyone have experience with this? I tried to post a picture but the file size was to big
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Pop out window - August 10th 2022 5:10 am
When in doubt reach out to Charlie !
Posted By: ReRide Re: Pop out window - August 10th 2022 9:29 am
Ok, but who is Charlie? 😀
Posted By: Charlie99909 Re: Pop out window - August 10th 2022 8:46 pm
Originally Posted by ReRide
My side pop out windows on my vandura need the weatherstripping replaced. The problem is the corners are not rounded like the rear windows, they are 90 degree corners and the existing rubber looks like it was miter cut then glued or bonded on something. I know what size and style or rubber to get, just not sure how to make the sharp corners. Does anyone have experience with this? I tried to post a picture but the file size was to big

Could you post some pics? There is a great option for a universal gasket but I want to see what you're working with.

Thank you.
Posted By: ReRide Re: Pop out window - August 11th 2022 1:41 am
Charlie I’d like to post pic but can’t make it small enough,can I email it?
Posted By: ReRide Re: Pop out window - August 12th 2022 9:03 pm
Best image I can find, not my door but same, dual pop out windows where the inside corners of both are 90 degrees. What is the universal kit you mentioned? I find nothing on internet

Attached picture 0BCFB8E6-5371-4771-B011-EE4C3C4CBEDE.png
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Pop out window - August 12th 2022 9:56 pm
https://www.trimlok.com/rubber-extr...extrusions&utm_content=General_seals

I got a 25ft roll to both my vans ...
Posted By: Charlie99909 Re: Pop out window - August 16th 2022 4:09 pm
That window is different, it has a specialty gasket like two blocks. Let me see if I can find you one in a junkyard around here. Sometimes we get real lucky and they’re pliable rubber.
Posted By: ReRide Re: Pop out window - August 19th 2022 1:42 am
That would be great if you can, it is definitely a specialty gasket
Posted By: DrCaldre Re: Pop out window - August 20th 2022 2:30 am
I need one of these too haha
© Vannin' Community and Forums