Vannin' Home
Posted By: Offgrid2 Shuddering coming through van. - March 25th 2017 3:28 am
I have owned my g20 for a few months. It has developed a shudder at 65mph or above. It feels like it cycles everyone 1 second.

I'm currently sat on the sofa in the van and it feels like it is coming from the axle.

It has new wheels and tires, balanced.

Could it be:

1. Broken wheel stud, I am unable to extract a broken stud, I will be replacing the axle shaft and wheel bearing

2. I had to remove the driveshaft to replace the output shaft seal, I did not mark the yoke with chalk but the drive shaft lined up no problem.

Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Shuddering coming through van. - March 25th 2017 2:30 pm
Originally Posted by Offgrid2
2. I had to remove the driveshaft to replace the output shaft seal, I did not mark the yoke with chalk but the drive shaft lined up no problem.

Did the vibration start after this? You could always try removing and rotating the shaft 180*. Free and easy to try.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Shuddering coming through van. - March 28th 2017 12:24 am
You might raise it up, blocked with some good jack stands, chock the front wheels and let it idle in gear. Search for your vibration with a mechanics stethoscope. (it would be at a much lower frequency at idle speed)
Low on lube, bad axle bearing or carrier bearings. Let's hope it's something like a U-joint as that's gonna be cheaper.....
C-clip diffs are hard on axle bearings because the axle is the inner race.

Let's hope for [Linked Image]
Posted By: Offgrid2 Re: Shuddering coming through van. - April 04th 2017 3:01 am
Can someone tell me if my axle tube is 30 or 28 spline?
© Vannin' Community and Forums