Vannin' Home
Pre App will be added soon !!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 3:54 pm
Ya the pre-reg is my department will have to get that up on the Vanfest website this weekend.

With the 50th anniversary of the Econo and Corvan we'll be doing something special with that and encouraging all early owners to bring their vans out. We do quite well with the Econos each year and I'm hoping to get 2 or more Corvans.
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 4:15 pm
Been there done that, like it and well do it again.
Charley
Posted By: LostSheep Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 4:41 pm
Originally Posted by Virtual
With the 50th anniversary of the Econo and Corvan we'll be doing something special with that and encouraging all early owners to bring their vans out. We do quite well with the Econos each year and I'm hoping to get 2 or more Corvans.

Maybe invite some of those Ford Executives that canceled the big homecoming in Ohio. Kinda show em what they missed out on..... grin
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 4:51 pm
Originally Posted by Charley Olenak
Been there done that, like it and well do it again.
Charley

yeah
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 5:21 pm
Hope to be there this year with the new van.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 5:38 pm
Jim, you and Lucy better be at Vanfest. If you don't come I will consider not going to Butler even if it's one of the best darn van events I try to go to when I can (might consider that for about 30 seconds lol) but would love to have you two back there again. We'll have a big welcome back party for you and Lucy, Ken and family and even Doc, you all missed being there last year.
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1
Hope to be there this year with the new van.

Make sure you do come as I already read the raccoon's the riot act to make sure they stay away Lucy all weekend, and make sure you bring beer this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - November 12th 2010 6:33 pm
I know i'll be up there with a new van , gonna be the 1st event for "HICLASS" my black 79 4x4 chevy !
Posted By: BlueLemon Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 4:49 am
Hope my preregistration will be accepted !Already been sent.
Kevin got #1 for 2011 and well deserves it.

Don't know what van I'll drive as two are still 'damaged' and have not settled anyting with the insurance yet.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 5:03 am
forgive me for sounding stupid but im not much an international traveler, but i'd need a passport to get into canadia right?
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 10:23 am
Yes you would!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 12:59 pm
Here's the back of the flyer, sorry for the delay:

[Linked Image]

See you there Jim, Maybe we can do another Virtual tour for you foreigners (who are quickly outnumbering the locals). This time I'll call everyone to make sure their vans are actually there.
Originally Posted by draggnastro
forgive me for sounding stupid but im not much an international traveler, but i'd need a passport to get into canadia right?

Actually NO, you do not need a Passport to get into Canada ! A Birth Certificate and Drivers license is all that is required.. You need the Passport to get back in to your own country !!! rofl
Originally Posted by BlueLemon

Don't know what van I'll drive as two are still 'damaged' and have not settled anyting with the insurance yet.

Just come up with a Checkbook Jim, we can find you something to get in and drive home in !
Posted By: Ken_Hopcraft Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 2:18 pm
Originally Posted by Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!!
Originally Posted by BlueLemon

Just come up with a Checkbook Jim, we can find you something to get in and drive home in !

How about a darker blue mid with white stripes? I'll bring it to Carlisle, you can take it from there. LOL.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 2:58 pm
I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!!!!

Steve is always afraid the Canadians will keep me--
just like the Girls, they always threaten too!!! hee hee
( I won't fight either of 'em! I love a good vaca!!!)

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!!!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 4:52 pm
Hopefully nothing gets in the way for us this year!!
Are we there yet !
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - December 22nd 2010 6:38 pm
DAMN . I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it this year ! took a look at y new work schedule and i'm off the 2nd to the 8th and go back to work that weekend , have to see if i can change shift's with the guy opposite me !
Originally Posted by SFS60
DAMN . I don't think i'm gonna be able to make it this year ! took a look at y new work schedule and i'm off the 2nd to the 8th and go back to work that weekend , have to see if i can change shift's with the guy opposite me !

Need a Doctors note ????
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 19th 2011 2:43 am
it's going to be bigger & better then ever June 10-12 at the springwater concervation in lovely Aylmer Ontario Canada "EH"
watch for flyers at C of C and listen to people who have been there and you will find out why there coming back and bringing there friends, more to follow now goe pack your bags and get ready, Now DAM It
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 19th 2011 4:13 pm
I'm ready! Are we there yet?!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 20th 2011 11:35 pm
From the head office of Vanfest

I know it's about time for a huge thank you for making Vanfest 15 such a great success. this has been an amazing 15 yrs in my life that i'll never forget. There were 328 Vans and Trucks thru the gate,and one hell of a memorable party. and $2000.00 bucks was raised for the caring cupboard food bank. thank you, thank you, thank you. This would not have been possible without your dedication to see this event grow and you all help me name this as Canada's Largest Custom Van & Truck show. I cant wait for Vanfest 16 ,it,s all the same staff you have come to love and know ,but with a new leader taking over for me.Ladies & Gentleman I,m proud to introduce to you Stacey Arrowsmith ,I have known stacey 20 yr and she's been with Vanfest from the beginning ,I look forward to seeing you all this year were i can spend some time with you instead of drive by hellos .To the Vanfest staff thank you for 15 yrs ,you all know how i feel about you ,make me proud again and make it bigger & better. Well now it's time for stacey to say hello,stacey the show awaits ,let them have it

old chairman

Kevin Lundy

Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 23rd 2011 1:33 pm
BRING IT ON
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 23rd 2011 1:51 pm
Must not be ready lol
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 23rd 2011 3:19 pm
we plan on going again,a great event for sure and great host's. Days like today, wish it was next week !!!!!!!!!!!!Had enough winter and its only Jan. 23.
Posted By: Deb Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 27th 2011 11:57 pm
We're ready! Had a couple of "Low Life's" (mini truckers) here over the weekend and I think they're almost ready. And pretty darned sure we got Jarvis following us there this year - YIPPEEE! He's got his enhanced drivers license, so good to go!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - January 30th 2011 3:41 pm
Hi Deb,hope all is well with you and Gill, Van Fest for sure, I have been talking to Dave also, will the econo be ready ??
I am ready even if I have to drive in a nylon van !!!!
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - February 02nd 2011 3:04 am
Originally Posted by Superbeast

Only thing between you and Vanfest is New York, I think....
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - February 04th 2011 10:48 pm
Originally Posted by Vanner68
Originally Posted by Superbeast

Only thing between you and Vanfest is New York, I think....

lol yeah all of it. And some Canada!
Posted By: Taz Van 67 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - March 24th 2011 11:45 am
Sent in per-entry last week!! I am ready!!! Can't wait:)
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - March 24th 2011 12:03 pm
Originally Posted by Taz Van 67
Sent in per-entry last week!! I am ready!!! Can't wait:)

What a novel idea! Maybe I should do that crazy
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 04th 2011 12:14 am

From the Head Office of Vanfest

well boys and girls here the update for vanfest there ready and they want to know if your ready,registration for show & shine starts friday so if your there please get it done so there no bottle necking saturday morning in getiing ready.this yrs theme is the roaring 20s so get out your gangster outfits and there will be a very special award to the best theme campsite.mmmmmmmmmm interesting.disc jockey friday night and an AC/DC tribute band jailbreak to rock you saturday night.Staceys got so much planned ,so hang onto your hats boys and girls.weather predictions are hot & really hot ,so show and shine is on the beach,with a bikini contest to go along with that,early arrivals thursday it,s 15 bucks for camping oh ya did i mention free pizza ,popcorn ,and movies in the main pavillion.theres so much more I,d like to tell ya but I,m sworn to secrecy,so you,ll just have to come and see what else Stacey has up her sleeve to amused you.If your club would like a private porta john for your site they are $100 for the weekend and you must let use know by june 1st.now ya got to be excited 40 days and counting .To all my American friends coming beer is cheaper in the states and at duty free so get it there ,so you,ll have more gas money them.And bring a case of beer for me to,I,ll gladly pay ya for it
SEE YA THERE
Kevin
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 07th 2011 12:38 am
WE ARE READY ARE YOU
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 12th 2011 12:39 am
VANFEST IS COMING VANFEST IS COMING
30 DAYS AND COUNTING
Posted By: Munz Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 22nd 2011 6:32 pm
I'm gonna try, I've been wanting to do this run for a while now and hopefully this is the year it will happen.
I will try and be there next year.
[quote=newkirkinc1]I will try and be there next year. [/quot

Yeah we're gonna try next year too but off to an Ohio eVANt the same weekend for us - CBS
Originally Posted by spicoli

From the Head Office of Vanfest

well boys and girls here the update for vanfest there ready and they want to know if your ready,registration for show & shine starts friday so if your there please get it done so there no bottle necking saturday morning in getiing ready.this yrs theme is the roaring 20s so get out your gangster outfits and there will be a very special award to the best theme campsite.mmmmmmmmmm interesting.disc jockey friday night and an AC/DC tribute band jailbreak to rock you saturday night.Staceys got so much planned ,so hang onto your hats boys and girls.weather predictions are hot & really hot ,so show and shine is on the beach,with a bikini contest to go along with that,early arrivals thursday it,s 15 bucks for camping oh ya did i mention free pizza ,popcorn ,and movies in the main pavillion.theres so much more I,d like to tell ya but I,m sworn to secrecy,so you,ll just have to come and see what else Stacey has up her sleeve to amused you.If your club would like a private porta john for your site they are $100 for the weekend and you must let use know by june 1st.now ya got to be excited 40 days and counting .To all my American friends coming beer is cheaper in the states and at duty free so get it there ,so you,ll have more gas money them.And bring a case of beer for me to,I,ll gladly pay ya for it
SEE YA THERE
Kevin

Hey, I thought you retired !!!!!
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 25th 2011 11:12 pm
by now you should be trying to fiqure out your outfit for the roaring 20s party and let me seemmmmmmmmmmmm,whats your favourite beverage is going to be for the weekend and pic out some nice shorts will ya ,it's going to be hot.ladies & gentlemen start you engines to make sure the truck runs at least start packing this weekend,and we will see you in 16 days or so.we ask any can goods left over from the weekend please we will be glad to take them off your hands for our fill the truck with us food drive. This is just another way to help our community in need .thanks for listening and see you soon
kevin lundy
just a spokes person
Pre entry sent in, now praying for fuel prices to keep dropping!
Can I get a show of hands for the warm up Wed night?
Off to Midwest right now, I'll respond once I return...:)
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 27th 2011 10:43 am
Ken is referring to the campout at his house in Breslau Ontario the Wednesday night before Vanfest. This has turned into an event of it's own and gone from invite only to whoever shows up. He has a huge backyard to accomodate everyone and if ever it overflows his front driveway can another 10 vans or so. Last year we did a little tour with some of the attendees to see Supervan and did a tour of Toronto. Good chance we'll do a tour again. I'll see if we can line up the Steam Whistle vans to be at the brewery at the base of the CN Tower which is kind of handy. Unfortunately we can't arrange to have the vans at Vanfest due to added costs or complications with the insurance.
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 27th 2011 9:26 pm
Don't worry we have enough up our sleeve to amuse you all weekend
just a spokes person
Kevin
Posted By: UK_Expat Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 30th 2011 12:38 am
This is new for me, but I will be here, just took a look at last years show photos and it looked amazing.
Its a great event, you'll love it.
I am planning on being at Hopcrafts party sometime mid day wed.Cant wait...AC...:D:D:D
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 31st 2011 12:00 am
rumour has it the vanfest crew are ready
ARE YOU?
Welcome to the 16th annual vanfest
Canada's Largest Custom Van & Truckshow
in 11 days and counting
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1
Its a great event, you'll love it.

Stop extolling the virtues of Vanfest and gt yours and Lucy's ass in gear !!!!!!!
We will be there next year. lol
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - May 31st 2011 3:17 pm
"No show" that's what you said last year too lol I'm not ready for this yet, that's why I only work Monday next week. I'll have 3 extra days to get ready and I'll still forget something.
It looks like we'll have a few new vans again this year from near and far. Eric is coming back with Mudboss his extreme Dodge 4x4, this year I'm going to go for a ride on top for sure. Maybe take some of the group pictures from up there.
Like Kevin says there will be tons of stuff to do. Keep an eye on here for some of the extracuricular activity before the actual event.
Yes it is what i said and that was before i went striaght except for beer,just need some time and hope to see ya all at Butler.Not as easy as you think!!That will be the only one i make this year.Sorry!
As it stands right now, I will be hitting the road around 2 am Wed., aiming for Geoff's and then Ken's...I figure a nap along the way and I will be good to go. Have something here that needs taking care of before I leave...

REALLY looking forward to it!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 01st 2011 2:44 pm
It looks like we have something else to look forward to now. We're looking into getting Ivan setup to finish muralling Cosmic Cruiser at Vanfest next weekend.
Here's a shot of CC at Vanfest 2009 :
[Linked Image]

Howard will see you and many others on Wednesday at Ken's.
Nearly buddy! Wish we could make Kens' but need to save some vacation time too, we will see you all at the run.
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 06th 2011 10:09 am
96 hrs
let the count down begin
Canada's largest custom van & truckshow
VANFEST 16
I'm almost ready! Hope my shocks come in today!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 06th 2011 4:17 pm
For anyone coming in from the west on Thursday or Friday the Hot Rod Power Tour is heading west too and will be in Muskegan Michigan Thursday night then on to Detroit Friday to arrive at the Metro Beach Metropark around noonish ... call me crazy but I think I might make a side trip to check this out very early Friday morning and come back in time for supper. All the Hot Rod editors are on the tour so it would be nice to thank them for the coverage in person.

Schedule shows they will be open for registration at Noon at Detroit Metro Beach. We will be doing Muskegon and Detroit as Virtual suggests. We should be in Muskegon by Noon on Thursday and probably around 2-3pm in Detroit on Friday.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 07th 2011 9:32 pm
The pre-Vanfest activities are starting. Ken, Jim and Jill from Georgia and I took a tour of Toronto. We stopped off at Steam Whistle, tasted some beer, took a few pictures of the Steam Machine then went to the Mill St Brewpub for lunch. That was followed by a trip to see a Corvan then a stop at Legendary Motorcars to see a few million $$$ worth of musclecars and exotics (no vans smile.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'll be cranky all weekend,just can make it,hope everyone has a great time !!!
ok...YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 10:11 am
WOW! smile Hope you all have a blast.
Posted By: MACHINIST Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 11:16 am
Wow! Looks like I,m actually going to make Van Fest! My first one! just got the van running again after freshening up the engine. Leaving from Rick n Debs Friday morning. Stay tuned!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 11:38 am
That's very good news Dave. I know you'll have a great time there.
Don't worry Howard we'll save some fun for you. The Steam Whistle Mid Dodge is not quite finished yet. One of the owners of the brewery showed us a mock up picture of it, it looks very nice. Should be done in about a month.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 12:12 pm
Originally Posted by on the road
ok...YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You tell em Howard! See you all tomorrow!
Posted By: BlueLemon Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 2:19 pm
Thanks Doug,
Thanks for helping Celebrate 50th Anniversary of the Econoline !
Thanks for the Toronto tour.
See you tonight........

PS Where is Howard ?

Out of work in 10 minutes. Kids have a 1/2 day of school. House sitters are ready. Tonight driving to Syracuse then meeting Munz in the am and we will see everyone tomorrow!

Speed safely everyone!

KERPLUNK!!!!
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 3:59 pm
Have a great time everybody, and take lots of pictures. I wish I could afford two long trips this season but I'm saving for the Nationals.
Posted By: BlueLemon Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 6:22 pm
Howard just not happy that he wasn't here this year....:(
Posted By: spicoli Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 08th 2011 8:32 pm
WELCOME TO VANFEST
SEE YA AT THE PARK
DRIVE SAFE
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 09th 2011 12:50 pm
Ken Mary Frances and my sometime friend Bongo hosted another pre-Vanfest gathering last night. A good number of long haulers were there :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BvrWally Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 09th 2011 4:14 pm
A little over 24 hours and Jewels & I will be rolling in! smile
See ya in "Canada!" smile
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 09th 2011 4:34 pm
Wish I could go,but I need money for the Nats
Posted By: MACHINIST Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 10th 2011 5:04 am
Van loaded on the trailer! Leaving in the AM. See everyone tomorrow. Don,t start without me.....
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 10th 2011 10:03 am
Alright Dave! Have fun!
Posted By: Taz Van 67 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 10th 2011 11:28 am
Sorry to say I can't make it this year. I put the bottom half of my motor together last night. Tonight I will finish the heads. Hopfully have it running by the end of the weekend. See everyone soon!!
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 10th 2011 12:53 pm
Kerplunk! Canada...here we come! smile
Posted By: on the road Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:16 am
I got 2 albums loaded of Facebook...The first one has 116 pics, and the 2nd has 180. There may be a few repeats...I've been drinking Canadian beers since Wednesday!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150205532767312.315622.650532311&l=daf5e30597

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150205450912312.315596.650532311&l=f698816d87
Posted By: on the road Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:18 am
356 vans and trucks through the gate, 166 in the show. VanFest 17 will be June 8, 9, 10, 2012
Posted By: radicalran Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:34 am
Awesome!
Posted By: UK_Expat Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:38 am
Some great pics on your facebook site there!
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:50 am
Originally Posted by radicalran
Awesome!

I'll second that
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 12:52 am
356 vans and trucks through the gate, 166 in the show. VanFest 17 will be June 8, 9, 10, 2012

Would love to see it in person someday, getting bigger & Better every year.
Great pics and lots of vans yay
well this year was my first vanfest been trying to get there for years, and i must say i LOVED IT, already booked off the weekend for next year and intend to float my early ford down.
bought my 50th econoline T from ken and finally met him and saw his early first hand(sweet ride)
and saw the jarvis racing van and spoke with him as well.. i loved every minute of the hours i spent and CANT WAIT till next year and a long weekend of partying
Missed you, stanger...Glad you made it!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 3:40 pm
Vanfest was another great time. Thanks to all those who came from near and very far, Charley and Ma from the West Coast, Crazy Bob and Judith from Florida, Jim and Jill from Georgia, Stardreamer, Mr Bill, Howard and others from the Midwest, Superbeast and Munz from N.J, Western N.Y had a big contingent.

For those who don't have Facebook yet ... get with the program lol there are a bunch of links on the Vanfest Facebook page.

Here is the start of our coverage here on Showvans. These are some of Superbeast' shots, more to follow: https://www.vanning.com/showvans/events/2011vanfest/Kenvansandtrucks/ Will be adding plenty more of Ken's and my pictures as well as posting the full results.

Not taking no this time for coverage in the national magazines, pulling out all the stops and getting cozy with some of the mini truckers to make this happen.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 13th 2011 4:44 pm

WOW! That's Awesome bow
Posted By: starwars Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 12:39 am
nice nics
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 12:49 am
Great pics ! cheers
Posted By: Snotty Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 1:03 am
I sooooo wish I could made it again this year.... HOPEFULLY next year!!!!
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 1:26 am
Great pics to all those who submitted. I'm still having issues getting my dam computer to detect my camera.
Doug (Virtual) in that quest for the best pictures:

[Linked Image]

i saw ya a few times howard but everytime i did you were talkin up a storm lol i didnt wanna interupt, i looked for ya as i was leaving but couldnt find ya. ill be staying for the weekend next year, look for the pimped short bus haulin my early:P
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 3:12 am
Nice shot Dave, it looks like I'm enjoying the ride... until my buddy Eric forgot that I was up there lol

Here's a couple of shots I got of your van:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Munz Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 3:16 am
This was a unbelievable truckin, great ride, beautiful grounds, excellent hosts and awesome company!! I could ramble on for 20 minutes about the great time I had but I'm just gonna say this......get in your truck and GO THERE!!! I promise you will not be disappointed. Thank you to the entire staff of this event and Virtual for pushing me a little to go here and show my van. I know its a bit of a ride from the states and maybe an extra day or 2 off work for a weekend run but trust me its well worth it and don't forget your passport!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 2:32 pm
Munz I'm happy that extra push I gave you worked and even better that you enjoyed yourself so much. Thank you once again for the pictures you took with Ken's camera, Munz is the official Showvans aerial photographer lol Next time we'll get you riding on top of MudBoss too.
The weather was a huge factor this year but once again the Dutch umbrella kept out most of the rain.
Originally Posted by Star Dreamer
Doug (Virtual) in that quest for the best pictures:

[Linked Image]

Yeah, too bad the video camera didn't work lol

Ditto!
We too had a GREAT time! We missed a few vanners that didn't make it for whatever reason. Was nice to see those we did though and talk with and meet new vanners too! Can't wait for next year!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vanfest 16, June 10-12, 2011, Aylmer, Ontario - June 14th 2011 7:12 pm
That's why I had to make 2 trips on top of MudBoss. The video didn't work at all the first time. I had 2 videos cameras going the second time in case. I got a GoPro camera to do some special effects but apparently you actually have to read the manual on these to figure out how they work. What a crazy idea that is, eh ? I'll have it figured out before the Nats, I wasted a lot of time at Vanfest messing around with it. But the video gurus tell me that once you figure them out they are amazing. We'll probably be doing some interesting stuff with it at the Nats between the Night at the Races and Astro wanting to borrow one for a special application.
man i already cant wait till next year, pre booked vaction a year in advance at work, counting down
© Vannin' Community and Forums