Vannin' Home
Posted By: dat521 dodge van measurements - May 05th 2022 6:36 pm
i have a 1976 dodge b200 van and wheelbase is 127 inches, i need to know what the square footage inside of my van from behind the front 2 seats to the back cargo doors so i can order my interior pieces for side walls and carpet. i'm not that good with getting accurate measurements
Posted By: Wedgy Re: dodge van measurements - May 06th 2022 2:01 pm
Originally Posted by dat521
i have a 1976 dodge b200 van and wheelbase is 127 inches, i need to know what the square footage inside of my van from behind the front 2 seats to the back cargo doors so i can order my interior pieces for side walls and carpet. i'm not that good with getting accurate measurements

Hey dat521, I got you Sir.

I have an '88 B250. Same van. I'll measure up my interior for you. Floor, then side panels including doors. LxW= Area in square feet.

Keep in mind, carpet with any length to the nap will have a directional lay.
Posted By: dat521 Re: dodge van measurements - May 08th 2022 5:52 pm
ok let me know
Posted By: Biscuit Gravy Re: dodge van measurements - May 18th 2022 5:52 am
The inside of my '87 shorty (109" wheelbase) measures 101.5" from the rear door to the driver seat base and 69.5" side to side. Yours should be 18" longer.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: dodge van measurements - May 18th 2022 2:07 pm
Whoopsie! Sorry Senior moment. I measured the entire inside, and promptly got distracted. I'll leave this up and let you know asap this am. Please excuse the delay.

I leave bags at the WM register often. "Sir, SIR!" lol.
Hard to think straight when you can't stand up straight either.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: dodge van measurements - May 18th 2022 4:00 pm
OK, Doggie jailbreak, contained!

120 inch long wheelbase van

Floor, 6 by 9 feet
Sides, 4 by 9 feet
Rear doors, 6 by 6 feet

For square feet, multiply the 2 figures.

Plywood, or wood paneling comes in 4 by 8 foot sheets. 32 square feet.
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: dodge van measurements - September 01st 2022 2:09 am
I'd suggest you make cardboard templates if possible. One thing I learned when I took thousands of precision measurements of my maxivan to model it in Autocad, was that the Dodge vans are actually slightly teardrop shaped front to back, by several inches. If you go and cut things nice and rectilinear and symmetrical, and then hold them up to mount them, that shape can accumulate in unfortunate ways.
© Vannin' Community and Forums