Vannin' Home
Posted By: DadsVan weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - September 22nd 2021 12:47 am
hey guys.. i.have some great news...i was a test dummy for mike at metro moulded parts and he sent me weatherstrip for rear door for dads van which is an 87 b150...very nice and perfect fit...i did however have to relocate approx 5 of the push pins which is very easy to do....i used the appropriate sized drill bit and simply made new holes in the correct location and reinstalled the push pins...........dont let this minor issue sway you away from placing your order as this is a very common and easy adjustment to make and the weatherstrip is top quality and fits perfectly...

here is mikes info and hes a great guy to work with....its my understanding that he will soon have available the weatherstrip for the side doors as well...

here is his info...give him a shout

New part # LM 123-VE

Application: Rear cargo door seal, left side.

Fits: ’84-’90 Dodge B-Series (B150/B250/B350) Vans, Each

Retail price: $99.95 – Special introductory price of $75.00 until 10/15/21

Call (866) 910-7836 to place your order.
this is great, I will order myself some.
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - September 24th 2021 1:09 am
yup...youve got too much work in your van not to replace them....
As a heads-up to the Dodge gang, I've followed up on Dadsvan's post on new production Dodge B-series van rear cargo door seals, with Mike at Metro Moulded parts on Oct 5th.

There's even more good news than in Dadsvan's original September post; within the next several weeks, Metro Moulded Parts is to release the 84-90 Dodge B-series van rear cargo door seal, right hand, # LM 123-VF

This means a full new rear cargo door seal set will at long last be available for our vans!

I've put in an advance order for the full set of left and right seals. The introductory price of $75 each is still in effect through Oct 15th. That's 25% off the projected retail price - a great deal!

Mike also told me that a bit further down the road they're going to be releasing the B-series van side cargo door seals as well! They're currently collecting data on fitment for these.

To top it off, he said their long term game plan is to eventually offer all of the Dodge van door seals, all the way up through current years!

-That's a *very* serious commitment to supporting our beloved Dodge vans!

Life will be ever so much better in Dodge land thanks to these folks efforts. Please consider showing your interest sooner than later, so they see that their very considerable continued efforts are worthwhile.

The phone number to contact Mike to place an order or discuss fitment is still as Dadsvan indicated, (866) 910-7836.
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - October 07th 2021 12:13 am
great followup....i sent him a gently used set of weatherstrips from the side doors so he could have something to experiment with....so far ive only got the left hand rear door seal and it seated after a lil time and is holding up nicely....congrats on the pre-order....you will like
Thank you for paving the way Dadsvan!

ll be sending along some samples as well. I have one brand new OEM set which I just located today, plus up to 4 used sets from various years of B-series vans. With a range of samples, drop-in B-series replacements may become a reality at last!
waiting for the 79 weatherstrips
I'm glad I saw this thread in time for the special price! Just ordered a set for my 1990 B-250.

While ordering, Mike mentioned that side door seals should be coming hopefully by the end of the year. After that they plan on doing the older models, followed by 91 onward. Great news!
Thanks for the update!
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - October 27th 2021 6:42 pm
hey guys...mike sent me the rear door seal for the right rear of dads van.....perfect fit with the shape and dimensions and the material is very soft.....some of the push pins didnt match up with the holes in my door but this is an easy fix....in talking with mike,he was telling me that he has ran across this before and that he had 3 or 4 sets of strips for another vehicle and they were all different in regards to push pin location....i decided to drill new holes into the door this time to make push pins line up and it was alot easier than trying to make new holes in the weatherstrip and reinstall pins..........easy,easy job and nobody should have a problem doing this.....if they do.....they need to give up their man-card,sale their van and go wash dishes or make samiches...haaaa......here is the info to place your orders

i also talked with mike about the side cargo door strips for these year vans and was told that they will be working on these as well in the future.........

New part # LM 123-VF

Application: Rear cargo door seal, right side.

Retail price: $99.95 – Special introductory price of $75.00 until 11/12/21

Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - October 28th 2021 12:32 am
FREE WEATHERSTRIP FOR 84-90 DODGE VAN........

Attention all ’84-’90 Dodge van owners:

Metro Moulded Parts is in search of a gently used set of left and right back door seals off of ’84-’90 Dodge vans for our archive.

Anyone that has one or both of these seals in tact and is willing to give them to us, we would be willing to send you a brand new replacement seal(s) in return—free of charge.

Original parts must be NOS (new old stock) or very lightly used to qualify.

Contact Mike @ Metro via email at newproducts@metrommp.com or phone (866) 910-7836 for more info.

Thank you!
Great to see Metro taking the time to reproduce these weatherstrips.
Unfortunately mine are far from lightly used frown
Posted By: frscke1 Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - October 28th 2021 1:26 am
Originally Posted by DadsVan
Application: Rear cargo door seal, right side.

Retail price: $99.95 – Special introductory price of $75.00 until 11/12/21

Wow Chevys are only 32.50
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - November 28th 2021 11:46 am
I did send them my pristine, unused set of NOS 78-90 Dodge B-van cargo door seals last week, so they should have a very nearly ideal sample set to measure and model.
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - January 05th 2022 5:20 pm
hey guys...just an update,but first ive gotta share this with ya....the new rear door seals that i put on dads van have in my opinion passed the ultimate test....i had a surprise rainstorm hit a while back with lots of heavy rain for a couple hours and i dreaded opening the rear doors........BONE DRY....dads van has that nose down ass up stance and has always been prone to water intrusion but the new seals from mike solved the problem....no more water,dust or sand to deal with

now for the update....just talked with mike and hes putting the finishing touches on one of the newly made side door seals and if all goes well he will be shipping it to me soon so i can once again be his test dummy....will keep you guys posted...im still very pleased with the rear door seals and they are holding up great
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - January 14th 2022 12:19 am
hey guys...another update...mike just sent me a weatherstrip for the left hand side door on dads van which is an 87 dodge b150........these guys are knockin it out of the park...all push pins lined up perfectly in the holes on my door and installation was super easy....getting the door to close and latch required a little effort but this is to be expected as these are brand new seals...i will leave door shut for a week to allow sufficient time for new seal to mate to the door opening....after that break in period it gets much easier to latch and unlatch door...i have nothing to do with this company and not getting paid...just lucked up and was able to be their test dummy for this new line of weatherstrips for our older dodge vans....im very impressed by the quality,fit and function of their weatherstrips and i highly recommend them.....hers the info on how to purchase....feel free to call mike,hes a great guy and will answer any queations....all i need now is the right hand side door seal to complete dads van and will update again ....these weatherstrips are so tight they will keep the covid bug from coming in...haaaa....have a great weekend

New from Metro Moulded Parts!

New part # LM 123-VG

Application: Side cargo door seal, left side.

Retail price: $99.95 – Special introductory price of $75.00 until 1/31/22

any news Ram. still scraping by on my 79 b200
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - February 25th 2022 12:23 am
They did send me the seals which I purchased, the rear passenger seal arriving a month after the other, presumably due to their refining of the manufacturing and packaging processes for the more complex passenger side seal.

They look quite nice and are professionally packaged, with the seal arriving last packaged in a sort of large blister pack card; they should have wonderful shelf life thanks to this. They are definitely flexible enough that I'm optimistic they won't spring the doors open like many aftermarket seals.

Unfortunately I'm still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery, and the weather has been atrocious here in non-sunny Southeast Michigan, so I haven't been able to attempt an installation to verify fitment.

They haven't sent me the additional set of seals they were supposed to for sending them my NOS OEM set of seals either, so I can't compare the new one ones against them off my van; I'll have to remove my door seals to test fit.

I'll definitely post updates when there are further developments.
Posted By: DadsVan Re: weatherstrips for 84-90 dodge b series now available - February 28th 2022 11:31 pm
hey guys...i got the right side seal for the side doors on dads van and fit was once again spot on and made a perfect seal....i finally have all new weatherstrips on every door and its made a huge difference in sound and water and sand intrusion...couldnt be happier and well worth the asking price

i didnt really realize just how tight these new seals made dads van until i done a lil test....i cranked van up and let it idle with the heater on high for about 10 minutes...i then went to the rear doors and barely opened rear door about 1/2 inch and i could feel the heat pouring out as it made a whistling sound......i then shut the door and waited a few minutes later and checked around each door for even the smallest leak and found nothing....shes tight

thanks to mike at metro for bringing these into production....you nailed it man

lastly...here is the info on how to order.....keep on keepin on

New from Metro Moulded Parts!

New part # LM 123-VH

Application: Side cargo door seal, right side.

Retail price: $99.95 – Special introductory price of $75.00 until 3/11/22.

© Vannin' Community and Forums