Vannin' Home
Posted By: dynamutt getting the radiator out...... - February 19th 2020 9:22 pm
New here. Got a desert 69 A 100, 318 stick w/ zero rot, and a reman. engine. no miles. Bought it needing work. So, not being satified w/ the mileage, did a bunch of research and got a cam and a few other things to get it breathing. ANNNNNNDDDDDD........ how the hell does the radiator come out? It dosnt come free of the larger frame? how on earth do you reach the top two radiator bolts without removing the front of the doghouse, which .... is welded? to the radiator frame. Ive done enough wrenching to know when to ask questions.... i thought the dognouse nose would come free and the rad. easily removed......thx, mutt, scratching his head.....
Posted By: dynamutt Re: getting the radiator out...... - February 20th 2020 4:22 pm
with enough head scratching, i see that the four bolts below floor level allow the entire doghouse nose/radiator and frame to be lifted up as a unit. and i notice the entire eng. compartment wiring harness goes thru a hole in said frame..... not a c type cutout, where the harness can be moved out of the way. At any rate, i gotta wait for the hifgh school hot rodder across the street to get home to help me lift the beast up and out of the way for the cam swap.....ill drop the new carb on the intake and work out the throttle linkage- maybe one of the holes in the throttle arm will line up, or ill drill one.....the previous owner had put in a massive 7 blade fan, which had him cut most of the fan shroud away, except for the corners. looking at it.... the fan wont clear whats left of the shroud, so the bottom of it will be snipped off so the radiator assembly can be lifted up past it. I dont think it does much at this point.....
Posted By: NateB Re: getting the radiator out...... - March 19th 2020 12:22 pm
On all the A's I had I removed the rad from the bottom....slides right out after you remove the four bolts.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: getting the radiator out...... - March 19th 2020 1:02 pm
I did a radiator and water pump on a 67 a108 slant 6 few years ago and dropped from bottom on a drive on rack, almost got a hernia trying to pull it from the top.lol
© Vannin' Community and Forums