Vannin' Home
Posted By: Kwikwe Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 7:52 pm
Have an 81 dodge van, looking at buying a 76 camper for body parts, will fenders, hood, etc bolt on?
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 10:16 pm
79+ is what you need. Yours is a completely different body style. Google image search to find the immediate differences.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 10:46 pm
Dodge aren't as interchangeable as the g series vans. I wished they were.got an 85 and 86 dodge but if anything you might score a good drivetrain
Posted By: Kwikwe Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 10:51 pm
So nothing will bolt on between the two?
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 11:10 pm
I know for certain the front clip won't directly bolt on but the doors are iffy. But hey our brothers that were vanning in the 70's was putting Cordoba noses on dodge vans..lol I think the footwell and all was longer on 79 up for crash safety
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 11:29 pm
Front doors maybe, side doors definitely do not, they changed the hinges and the design of the rear door shape, back doors may work but I think the hinges may be different. Rear bumper should work, they used the same bumper until 85, but fronts are different. Hood and front fenders are all very different. The only year that earlier body style shared certain items was 78. Basically the dash back it was all the same as 79+ but the front clip was still all the old design.
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 11:30 pm
Key word was “bolt on”
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Dodge van questions - July 05th 2019 11:32 pm
FWIW, if you have an 81, that body style was made until 93. You’ll have way more luck finding stuff for it in 79-93 era. Note that bumpers/grill changed in 85. Subtle differences but usually when things change, parts aren’t a direct “bolt on” to the old style.
© Vannin' Community and Forums