Vannin' Home
Posted By: UncleRico Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 12:15 am
I’m looking to get some help on identifying the 2 small linkages that go from the frame to the center link on my 73 b100. All my local parts houses can’t find anything on them. Only thing they have found that resembles them is the idler arm that connects to the steering box and drag link.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 12:27 am
You may try "Pitman Arm" ...
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 12:31 am
Originally Posted by frscke1
You may try "Pitman Arm" ...

Sorry I didn’t mention we did try pitman arm and it was a bust. There’s 2 of them on each side of the frame.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 12:39 am
Can you post a picture ?
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 12:49 am
Can you post a picture ?

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums...-44F4-AE96-734C287EB7B9_zpsokh1cj68.jpeg
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 1:05 am
Page won't load the pic. Give me some time, I will try to look up the diagram in my parts manual.
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 1:17 am
Originally Posted by Meanmachine
Page won't load the pic. Give me some time, I will try to look up the diagram in my parts manual.

Thanks
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 2:23 am
Photo Bucket is being a (^%%* to the rest of the world ... you cant post or see them unless you pay $400 a yr.

Flickr is more friendly ...
Posted By: Sparkynm Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 2:39 am
Should be listed as Idler Arm, one on each side. Moog part#K7051, TRW#18766. There are 2 styles of arms(where they mount to the frame). Both mount to center link. Pitman arm(non-wear) goes from box to drag link.
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 2:43 am
https://www.flickr.com/photos/162253915@N07/shares/42W337
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 2:46 am
Photo Bucket is being a (^%%* to the rest of the world ... you cant post or see them unless you pay $400 a yr.

Flickr is more friendly ...

I just tried to upload from flickr but apparently it won’t let me copy the full link. Damned if I do and damned if I don’t I guess.
Posted By: UncleRico Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 2:48 am
Originally Posted by Sparkynm
Should be listed as Idler Arm, one on each side. Moog part#K7051, TRW#18766. There are 2 styles of arms(where they mount to the frame). Both mount to center link. Pitman arm(non-wear) goes from box to drag link.

Ok that makes sense. They were pulling up tge idler arm at the parts store and was saying “that’s the one that goes from you steering box to the drag link”
Posted By: Sparkynm Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 3:18 am
Sometimes those parts store 'puters are hard to understand, unless you've actually been under a car! Got a set (1 each style) if you can't find what you need.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 4:06 am
Way to go Sparky ! Only been here an hour and already helped someone ... GO SPARKY !!!
Posted By: Sparkynm Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 6:28 am
Glad to help when I can, I'm sure to be asking my share of questions also. Been messing in auto parts since before them darn computers, give me a parts book anytime!!!
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 19th 2018 10:07 pm
Idler Arm or Steering Knuckle. One thing to remember when looking for these parts, most parts counter workers won't even born till 20 years after these vans were made and know nothing about them that don't show on a computer screen, and because they are so busy, most places won't waste a lot of time searching for a part, unless you have the part number. In my area, all these parts stores are short-handed workers, guys answering phones, trying to wait on customers, running out to the parking lot to look at customers cars, they definitely need more help.
Posted By: Sparkynm Re: Front end suspension parts identification help. - January 25th 2018 12:25 am
Did you find your idler arms? Seen on your other post about alignment specs.73 FSM shows a slight difference in CAMBER-- 0* to + 1/2* (+ 1/4* preferred)
" " " TOE-IN-- 1/16 to 1/8 Caster & tread the same.
Had a different outer tie rod on 1976 models.
© Vannin' Community and Forums