Vannin' Home
Posted By: Lee7673 Door swaps - what years??? - March 29th 2012 4:29 pm
I have a 77 Dodge...what doors will work? Is it only 71-78 or will any later years work?
Posted By: 86ed Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 30th 2012 3:10 am
the '78 and newer doors had bigger windows and had the metal around the door handles recessed. also the side door towards the rear is different on the '78 and newer.
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 30th 2012 8:38 pm
Originally Posted by Lee7673
I have a 77 Dodge...what doors will work? Is it only 71-78 or will any later years work?

wutt doors we talkin? driver/pass,side cargo,rear cargo? rolleyes
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 30th 2012 8:43 pm
Front doors and rear doors.
Posted By: Altosax Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 31st 2012 12:08 am
I got these off an '89 at my local P&P - to go on my '74. I wanted swing out glass, and inside door handle with lock button. Glass is deeper but ok w/me. My doors don't match or line up anyway, also rubber on these very good.[Linked Image]
I haven't installed but measured and checked w/ some Dodge van guys.Got a little tweak on one lower corner - but it was 1/2 price weekend so...[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]oops.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 31st 2012 12:17 am
Originally Posted by Lee7673
Front doors and rear cargo doors.
I take it the door size on the back are the same for quite a few years. What about the front doors?
Posted By: NateB Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 31st 2012 3:37 am
Yes..beginning in 78 the door handles were recessed slightly. However if you don't care about that, then you can swap front doors up to 93 if you want to keep the chrome handles. 1994-up has black plastic handles and they don't swap out directly.

Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 31st 2012 3:44 am
Originally Posted by NatetheskateNCBV
Yes..beginning in 78 the door handles were recessed slightly. However if you don't care about that, then you can swap front doors up to 93 if you want to keep the chrome handles. 1994-up has black plastic handles and they don't swap out directly.

How about the rear cargo doors? Up to what years will fit a 77?
Posted By: NateB Re: Door swaps - what years??? - March 31st 2012 5:25 pm
Same thing.
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Door swaps - what years??? - April 01st 2012 11:45 pm
I still have a set of Brand new straight off the lot doors that came of Phoenix . since it was bought new I also have the only set of J&J side (barn) doors for the 78 and earlier Complete with new gaskets. Brand new and never installed. All they need is your door handles and latches. This is the set that was photographed in Vans and Trucks Magazine for "new products section" back in the late seventies. They still look great and are brand new. These are the door that are straight down both sides all the way down. These door are one off's for a test market and are the only ones in existence. PM me for more info or Photos, serious inquiries only
Posted By: Alikazam Re: Door swaps - what years??? - April 03rd 2012 8:49 am
Man Phoenix, where were you when I was replacing my side doors??? lol.
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Door swaps - what years??? - April 04th 2012 11:59 pm
I have been spouting off about these doors since I have been in vanning.com , Nobody listens...LOL. I have a bunch of stuff and need to down size as we will be retiring soon and relocating in Colorado. Nothing will be given away but fair offers and prices will be there.
© Vannin' Community and Forums