Vannin' Home
Posted By: kursed Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 4:08 am
Not sure if any of you guys get the same thing, but every year after being cooped up inside all winter, I get a serious case of vannin' spring fever. All I want to do is stay outside and play with my van all day and all night. Unfortunately, I have kids and regular life obligations, as well as lacking an endless supply of time, money, and energy. So I have to eventually mope in from the garage each evening and put my toys away to wait for another day.

I've spent all week cleaning and organizing crap in the garage, and I'm still a long way from having the garage situated in a fashion that I'm happy with, but it's getting there. I find myself getting distracted with van parts and projects frequently, so that makes it even harder. I've got so many little parts of the puzzle that I just want to work on, but can't keep up forever.

Y'all have any similar issues?
Posted By: lukester Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 4:52 am
Yeah I think we all do. Tinkering with the vans is my favorite pastime. I hate when those adult responsibilities get in the way. I guess I do go overboard sometimes if it's been a while. Ever get that you love your van more then me ?

Here in Florida we don't get any snow but I'm far enough north where we get in the freezing temps. Unfortunately I don't have a garage or any shelter to work in. I enjoy this time of year when the temperature is good and the day light hours are getting longer.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 5:24 am
Maybe 6 weeks out of the yr ( and not all at once) I hide from bad weather and 6 weeks (not all at once) I hide from the heat. Most any time of the yr I can do work on my vans if I need to.

When its cold I head to the desert, when its hot I head for the beach and the rest of the time I head for the Mts.

My surgery and this Covid thing has kept me grounded here at home camp for last 2 yrs but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and thousands of vans N vanners are going to fill all the camp sites around the world.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 5:55 am
I definitely have the " Garage Blues " and I long for Summer.
Posted By: Lionhead Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 4:14 pm
I usually take the month of February and take my van some place warm for the month. Not this year. I'm ready to roll.
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 4:44 pm
15 months of working on the van one day (6 hours) a week is driving me crazy. I wanted to already be cruising around. I never thought I would be going all out on it. I just thought I would get it running and start driving but I am glad I did. But there is nowhere to cruise to anywhere near me. They're either closed forever or open limited hours. Total bummer.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 8:11 pm
Originally Posted by lukester
Ever get that you love your van more then me ?

lol

Luckily I snagged a supportive lady. She doesn't like vans, she's a hot rod girl and loves fat fenders, but she still loves pitching in with any work that comes up and hanging out with me in the garage. Well, when she's not deployed.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 9:30 pm
Originally Posted by lukester
Ever get that you love your van more then me ?

Yep I did quite often and she was right, I got divorced lol
Posted By: LOOKSLO Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 9:55 pm
I get, you take more pics of that van, than you do of me.
(It’s true)
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 12th 2021 10:22 pm
I guess I've got it made...
I spent my 16th wedding anniversary out in the shop with my family.
They hung out while I started disassembling the van's top-end for a future head gasket replacement.
Then we made lunch and had a picnic out there.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 13th 2021 2:28 am
Originally Posted by Rusty_Pancelode
I guess I've got it made...
I spent my 16th wedding anniversary out in the shop with my family.
They hung out while I started disassembling the van's top-end for a future head gasket replacement.
Then we made lunch and had a picnic out there.

Right on man, a keeper. Sounds like something we would do around here too.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 13th 2021 3:23 am
In the words of Saturday Night Live's "Church Lady" : ....... " Now isn't that Special " ?! Was the topic of conversation who was on Oprah or The housewives of Blah Blah Blah ?? rofl

I was only Fool n' " Fellas " .........I wouldn't change a thing with my gal. grin
Posted By: kursed Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 13th 2021 4:43 am
I think the one complaint my wife throws at me if you can even call it a complaint, is her being sensible about project vehicles while I have about 10 at any given time. She will say "Why don't you sell a few, then just focus on building one like the Chevelle or the van?" LOL! I always respond that I should, but just don't.

So I'm still fighting the fatigue from allergies, but at least I got to hit two junkyards today, so that helped ease the spring vanning fever a little getting to scour the yards for parts. Hopefully find a free day to go check the hot rod junkyard one day next week. That's where I stand the best chance of finding gold. And my go-to secret honey spot of secret vans soon too.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 13th 2021 5:41 am
Did you say Chevelle ? What year ? Mine was a 1967.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 13th 2021 6:06 am
Originally Posted by SDMickey
Did you say Chevelle ? What year ? Mine was a 1967.

Posted By: SDMickey Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 14th 2021 1:27 am
Oh nice . Like the body style as well.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vannin' Spring Fever - March 14th 2021 4:58 am
Originally Posted by SDMickey
Oh nice . Like the body style as well.

Me too! It was my grandpa's, then my father's, now mine. Rough shape, but I'll get it fixed up in time.
© Vannin' Community and Forums