Vannin' Home
Posted By: nikothenomad Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 19th 2019 7:02 pm
So, here's my question...

Motorcyclists have a two fingers down "sign" they do whenever they see a fellow motorcyclists.

Other than the "stare of admiration"... do vanners have a long recognized; consistent "sign"?

We've encountered such a variety when encountering other vanners from a stare to a general wave to a peace sign to a thumbs up.

Thoughts?
Posted By: DTimme Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 19th 2019 11:08 pm
I think if I saw another van, I would drive off the road. Very few and far between around here. I am also in to Jeeps and Jeepers have the "wave". I think for Vans, a thumbs up would be cool.
Posted By: DTimme Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 19th 2019 11:09 pm
Hmm, that's strange, my avatar is missing. More photobucket nonsense?
Posted By: tuner4life Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 20th 2019 1:04 pm
Usually just a friendly wave will do..
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 20th 2019 10:38 pm
Non vanner to vanner usually a bird..lol, if I see a cool van I give big smile and thumbs up.
Posted By: DadsVan Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 21st 2019 3:40 am
i usually get thumbs up most the time...
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 22nd 2019 11:11 am
a thumbs up or a good friendly wave works for me.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 28th 2019 12:50 am
I always give a Shaka, just throw a couple fingers up in a wave, or thumbs up. Whether I'm on a bike, in a hot rod, or whatever.

Shaka definition per some random internet expert: lol "The shaka is a symbol of the “Aloha spirit,” which is the coordination of the mind and spirit to think and exude good feelings to others"

Attached picture shutterstock_1099683692-1024x683.jpg
Posted By: NEmery Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 31st 2019 1:56 pm
I will wave if I see them looking at the van. Seems like most van owners around here just have a van for work or convenience, not because they love vans.
Posted By: kursed Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 31st 2019 9:47 pm
Originally Posted by NEmery
Seems like most van owners around here just have a van for work or convenience, not because they love vans.

Same around here. I spotted a bitchin' Dodge with Pentagon ports a few weeks ago on the way to the kids band concert at school. He was fueling up at a gas station, and I wished I had time to stop and check it out. Later found out through a friend he just uses it as a work van and isn't a vanner. Bummer.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - December 31st 2019 10:08 pm
Yes but if you are like me you almost break your neck to look at a cool van. Vanners know real vanners. I have met a couple recently. He gave me a big thumbs up from his 74 Dodge but I followed him to the grocery store..lol🤣
Posted By: lukester Re: Vanner to Vanner "Sign" - January 01st 2020 7:31 pm
I knew I was not the only one to chase down van owners at the grocery store. lol We got us a fellow club member that way. Generally a thumbs up does just fine. Most of the time you will be able to tell the difference between a vanner and a van owner. A 2% decal is a given too.
© Vannin' Community and Forums