Vannin' Home
Posted By: vanburgo Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 3:47 pm
I’ve seen a lot of those big white covers that go over the whole front end of a van and I’ve seen a lot of the reflective inside window covers. Does anyone have an opinion on which one is better for blocking the sun/heat?
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 4:18 pm
Outside the van ...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: vanburgo Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 4:19 pm
It does seem easier and I like how it looks as well.
Posted By: Lionvan Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 4:50 pm
except when you have to put it away wet in the morning at a truck-in.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 5:01 pm
Originally Posted by Lionvan
except when you have to put it away wet in the morning at a truck-in.

Yep. BTDT. We carry large yard trash bags for that and to pack away wet EZ-ups, chairs, etc. They make good DIY ponchos and keep your hindie dry on wet picnic table benches as well. blush

BTW in addition to the outside cover we usually use a inside sun shade as well to act as insulation in the summer. We use a Ford cover on our GMC because it's wider and works better with the visor.
Posted By: vanburgo Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 5:31 pm
Ok so maybe both is the correct answer? Definitely would help with light creeping in and waking me up 4 hours before I want to. Always nice when you can sleep the hangover off!
Posted By: CatFish Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 11:29 pm
Oh yeah. The inside helps keep the sun out too. eek

We pull the outside cover over the visor.

Attached picture 20170611_185120.jpg
Posted By: CatFish Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 10th 2019 11:37 pm
And fold the drivers side back for the AC unit....

Attached picture 20181115_152115.jpg
Posted By: lukester Re: Reflectix window insulation vs exterior cover - March 11th 2019 1:18 pm
I like the outside style but they don't work with the visor I got.
© Vannin' Community and Forums