Vannin' Home

Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs

Posted By: vanburgo

Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 20th 2019 5:46 pm

Been a vanner for about 12 years now. I love my 78 Chevy but I’m curious what the community thinks of euro style vans at runs. I need a big cargo van for my business and I’d love to bring a van with ac and better mileage to runs. Just wondering if a dodge pro master would get me duct taped to my chair if I showed up in one.
Posted By: CatFish

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 20th 2019 6:03 pm

I've never been anywhere that didn't welcome them. In fact I've seen at least one almost every truck-in I've been to in the last few years. Mostly Sprinters but a few others.
But, as you know, vanners will duct tape you to your chair if they get the chance no matter what you're in ....... grin

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 20th 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks catfish. Yeah I just can’t swing a work van and a play van so I’d rather make it one in the same and then I can pretty her up and deduct it from my taxes! Also the mileage improvement and AC is a huge plus.
Posted By: newkirkinc1

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 20th 2019 11:48 pm

Hey its whatever you like and that's all good. If its a van I am good with it. lol
Posted By: Lionvan

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 21st 2019 4:09 am

Me Bill,RIP ..drove a Mercedes for years. There's another but I can't remember his.name I've met at truck-ins around the country
Posted By: tuner4life

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 21st 2019 1:36 pm

I wouldn't think there would be an issue with a euro van, although I have noticed that some long-time vanners seem to have a certain hostility towards anything that wasn't produced by the big 3 before 1979. A Promaster has a dodge logo on it though, so you can probably fool them lol.
Posted By: Wizard78

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 21st 2019 10:17 pm

It's a Van Bring it van
Posted By: Wedgy

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 22nd 2019 12:37 am

yeah

There were 3 Bills at a VanRun. All the cool Guys were named Bill. One Bill had a Decked out Sprinter with a convo inspiring spaced out paint job. It had lights music mirrors and a high quality Brass pole. Real practical entertainment setup.
I definitely remember a Bar.
Need to let that guy in the big Van in... cheers
Posted By: Lionvan

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - February 22nd 2019 4:12 am

I meant.Mr Bill from Arizona. His Sprinter was red with some wierd,cool stuff. The hood had Mr Bill cartoons on it.

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - March 10th 2019 3:43 pm

Well I pulled the trigger and I couldn’t be happier. Holy cow this things huge. Thank you for the support everyone!
Posted By: CatFish

Re: Opinions on “Euro” style cargo vans at runs - March 10th 2019 5:12 pm

I've known a few "old time" vanners who bought those that really liked them. All that room and the MPG too. You can haul the entire Hooters second shift ....... laugh
© 2019 Vannin' Community and Forums