Vannin' Home
Posted By: H20Toie Any idea who can gull wing a door in los angeles area? - January 24th 2019 10:10 pm
its a 92 G20

Attached picture IMG_6160.jpg
You can. Buy the kit and get busy!

Custom Vanner - Gullwing Door Kit
Posted By: 1959 Re: Any idea who can gull wing a door in los angeles area? - January 26th 2019 12:17 am
I have seen these installed on several different vans. They work very well and are a great value money wise. If Matchstick designed it, it is a good product!
Plus, once you buy the kit you can easily sell that slider extender for $150 and make most of your money back. Win, win!
yeah except for the welding part, actually my biggest concern is how do people do the latches? i assume the back part of the door can stay the same but the front sure isn't going to work.
Look closely at how your door latch actually works.

The latch on a gullwing door will work exactly as it does to release and close a slider. Pull it up and to the left to open, down and to the right to close.
Originally Posted by Scrojira
Look closely at how your door latch actually works.

The latch on a gullwing door will work exactly as it does to release and close a slider. Pull it up and to the left to open, down and to the right to close.

Except that on the front part of the sliding door the latch slides into a bracket on the pillar before it will latch, on a gull wing the door is going to swing straight out so it won't be able to work
You've over-thinking it. The latch unhooks from the pillar as soon as you lift the handle and it has nothing to do with anything sliding .

It will still latch and unlatch the exact same way. I know two people who have done it and have seen it with my own eyes.
ok so i took it to a local shop and gave them custom vanners info they ordered the kit online and have not heard a thing, they have sent emails and nothing. is he still in business?, the card was charged but no product and its been over a month
The front striker gets cut off so the front of the door does not latch. The rear latch is what’s connected to the door handle. It will lock, open and close but does not use the front door striker since that is designed to slide in and won’t work in the clamshell closing motion.
That'll look really nice on your van. I wish I had a slider so I could do a gull wing but alas, i have barn doors.
Originally Posted by H20Toie
ok so i took it to a local shop and gave them custom vanners info they ordered the kit online and have not heard a thing, they have sent emails and nothing. is he still in business?, the card was charged but no product and its been over a month

same here ordered two weeks ago and no shipping conformation or word that they got my order ,card was charged .did you get yours
He makes these in batches, it’s a little bit of a process and may not have them on hand when you order them. Similar to Kurt at customvan, he’s a one man show.
Got ahold of him on facebook, he said he has an order for oregon that hasn't gone out yet so thats probably yours mark
© Vannin' Community and Forums