Vannin' Home
Posted By: soundhd Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 7:15 pm
Sold my 78 Chevy G-20 Shorty today. Had quite few negative responses from other vanner's on this site mostly about the so called high price I was asking....well to all of you who thought I was asking to much, or it was not worth the price, etc...I sold it for $14,500.00.

I do want to say thanks all of you whom I shared posts with had a great time being a member but my van days are over. Goodbye and good luck to all of you.

PS: still going to "keep on truckin"...getting a 05 Chevy SSR tomorrow.

Signing off
Greg C. in Ann Arbor Michigan (the "Soundman")

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cjhardcore Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 8:15 pm
Good luck with your next venture man.
Posted By: Ghetto Rat Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 10:55 pm
.....BUMMER
Posted By: DaveMan Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 11:19 pm
You WILL be back, mark my word..lol
Posted By: 86ed Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 11:26 pm
Glad you got what you wanted and good luck with your next ride.
Posted By: lostinthe70eees Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 11th 2015 11:36 pm
You know the old saying. There's a sucker born every minute...:)
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 2:25 am
Bummer but congrats!
Posted By: 78VanMate Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 3:51 am
Congrats on your sale!!!! sorry to hear your giving up vanning, good luck on your new adventures
Posted By: thecruger Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 11:33 am
Sorry to hear your giving up Vanning .....

I did the same thing 6 years ago, but hear I am..

good luck to you and enjoy life !!!!
Posted By: Goose111 Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 3:57 pm
Originally Posted by DaveMan
You WILL be back, mark my word..lol

Yeah to that.

I sold my daily-driver 6 years ago and switched to a Minivan in the Voyager class.

Was never the same, also I had still my Highway Bully in the garage and drove it to eVants over the years.

And now I have a Vanagon for daily driving again and I'm working to get it on the road. smile
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 4:34 pm
Sorry to hear you are leaving VANNING, and congrats on selling a GREAT LOOKING VAN!
Posted By: Detroitdave Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 12th 2015 8:03 pm
It is a great looking van. Was watching for a while but was def out of my price range
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 23rd 2015 2:29 am
To the negative vanners out there.....

Guess what? Vans are gaining in popularity, and with that comes higher prices. As the owner of two early Chevy vans, I watch with interest the prices that keep on going up....

Congrats on the sale, and don't let a few negative attitudes sour you on vanning!
Posted By: Reed Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 23rd 2015 3:25 am
Glad he sold it, but all the hipsters getting into banning means prices will soon be out of reach for most regular working folks. Portholes have already become unobtainium for the average vanner. Soon old vans will, too. I see no reason to be happy about that.
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 23rd 2015 3:38 am
Get off my lawn!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 23rd 2015 10:40 pm
Congrats
Posted By: lukester Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 24th 2015 7:31 pm
Congrats on the sale of your sweet looking van.Sorry to hear you want to get out.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 28th 2015 12:17 am
Originally Posted by lukester
Congrats on the sale of your sweet looking van.Sorry to hear you want to get out.

.......... yeah
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 28th 2015 12:49 am
Sorry you decided to sell it and congrats on the sale. I say the more the merrier on the sale price. I really like to see the cost going up on them which shows the interest. Hope to see you back on here with the HHR! Forget gold start buying vans and parts for your retirements!!!

To all that dislike it, don't you want the value of your home and other belongings going up? If not I have to ask why?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Sold My 78 Chevy Shorty so Signing Off - May 28th 2015 1:09 am
Totally agree Johnny !
© Vannin' Community and Forums