Vannin' Home
Posted By: dubie Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - February 28th 2006 9:02 pm
That used to be my favorite bumper sticker from the 70's! This seems to go hand in hand with vannin'. Care to share your stories?
1971 Ventura Drive Inn 1965 Chevy no side door or window van.O Yes Debby Daily don't know the movie good road runner carton. Ventura P.D came a Knockin Bummer wander were Debby is now..
back doors wide open, '74 Dodge with full camper interior and primer/muraled outside. Don't even know her name. That was about '91...
Always had 2 vans at events,one for the rug rats and one for mommy dearest and I.My twin boys (young)always had the doors closed and would rock there van back and forth,untill they got older.Talk about 2 boys comming out of a rocking van and getting strange looks.Finally they caught on to the real meaning of it.Its still funny today when I still ask them what they were doing in there 30yrs.ago. [Big Grin]
uh..cant talk about it.
I got married and went went to the 1989 Nats after. Then 9 months later I had my first Baby.....I did the math and figured the Van must have been rockin....
I had van rockin stories but, they are graduating high school now!!!
1--Broke up with my gf in '81. Two days later I had a date in my Dad's van. No van wrestling. Driving by our hangout afterwards I see my ex gf with my best buddy! She shows up at my house (I was still living at home) and knocks on the window. We crawl in the van and 9 mos later TO THE DAY our 1st son was born. Wish someone woulda knocked on instead of up. Except for having a great son.

2--Divorced & on the prowl. It was festival time and I could not lose! I had more gals in one week than I'd had all thru highschool! (somehow)I was on a mission. We just kept getting interupted. The festival encompassed a chain of city parks. Once was my ex wife busting us (I thoroughly enjoyed this one though!) one the cops, The rest were just festival goers looking at the wild paint and trying to get a glimpse of the tie-dyed interior.
Posted By: wookee Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 01st 2006 6:19 pm
Being interupted is a right of passage.You know you interior is set up right when officer Fife comes walking up and can't see a thing till you are ready to show him somthing.

Then comes the question "Is every thing alright in here?"
"Was till you showed up" is usually the answer...........Wookee

<small>[ March 01, 2006, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: wookee ]</small>
Story #1--Flamingo Fest 3 A No Slumber Party
One couple had their first son 9 months later--they have living proof of what they were doing and like to show it off!

Story #2--Bad Girls from New York Road Rally
One 'game frustrated' Canadain couple pulled over to the side of the road. Cop pulls up behind them, sees movement of VAN. Waits for the VAN to stop movement. Knocks on door. We couldn't figure out why it was taking them so long to get back to the start position! We know now!

Suzie
Posted By: Denim Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 02nd 2006 1:21 am
We were parked on a nice dark deserted road in the back of my early Dodge about '73. Just as it was getting interesting, we hear a big block pull up next to the van. Nice deep idle (blub, blub, blub). She says, "MY FATHER!!!" [Eek!] That was a faster mood breaker than getting a bucket of cold water dumped on you. I get dressed in record time, peek thru the curtain I had across the back of the driver's seat. Oh, no father. A county sherriff. Great. [Roll Eyes] So I climbed into the driver's seat and rolled down the rather steamed up window. The sherriff asked me for my liscense and registration. The thought occoured to me to ask him "Why, was I speeding?" [Big Grin] But I didn't think he had a sense of humor. He asked me if I was sleeping here by myself and I very ineptly took his hint. "YES I'm...sleeping here...by myself...sleeping here...alone..." He smiled (probably trying to keep from busting up laughing), and told me to "be careful" and he left! Oh well, this date's over. I took her home, but we spent a number of dates in the back of that van. Now I've been married to her for over 30 years.
A couple years ago, we parked along a desolate river road in the mountains, wife heard some noise and went I raised up to take a look, there was a horse looking in the porthole window on the side of the van. i think he was staring at his reflection. turned out some group was having trail ride and there was about 20 horses and riders outside the van. one of many stories of getting caught doing it in the van.
Posted By: phrog Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 02nd 2006 3:41 pm
Not a rockin story but funny never the less. The summer after I graduated from college I had a 64 volkswagen van that I lived in. One morning I had been sleepin in a city park rest stop when I heard noises around the van. I peered out and saw a tow truck about to hook up to my van. Well I got dressed real quick and fired the van up just as the guy was under the motor trying to figure how to hitch up. He jumped up and screamed, "ITS OCCUPIED" I left and didn't camp there again!
Posted By: dubie Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 03rd 2006 5:04 am
Great stories everyone! Funny how most of them seem to go hand in hand with marriage HAHAHA Keep em coming guys
Posted By: pegasus Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 04th 2006 12:53 am
The last time I was rockin in the back of a van I was with a gal and another guy, but I can't say we were all having a good time [Frown] Unlike the other postings here I can actually say I was glad the cops showed up.
I am afraid to do it in the van again. Seems as Dubie says, stories go hand in hand with marriage. Deffinately not ready for that yet. I did get caught in an elevator once in Boston. [Razz]
Posted By: luna Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 04th 2006 2:30 pm
Journey, 1982, about 3000 vans, I got to my van to crash in my waterbed late Friday nite, early Sat morn. Very drunk and very tired,I open the back door to climb in.
The door slams shut. I open it again, not remembering that i installed a door closer,or did I?
The door slams shut again. I hear "Luuuuuuuna its me" and "he he he he"
My van, My club member, a very Bad Girl, and the van was rockin without me.
Me too--
Keystone Madness--my van, not me, and not my date!

See Luna, paybacks always happen!

Suzie
Posted By: luna Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 04th 2006 4:04 pm
The names were left out to protect the innocent.
Hmmmmmmmm....... Hmmmmmmm.....Hmmmmmmmmm
We went to the City Park since someone at her house & someone at mine & it has a large parking lot so we drove almost to the far end & there were a few other cars there. we were in the back getting busy (van has a bed of course)& then I notice alot of light inside the van, I thought did I leave some interior lites on? then noticed the lite glare was coming in the double tinted back door windows & out my face to the window & told her its the cops,get dressed.so poke poke stuff stuff getting clothes on & I climbed to the front got out the driver door & stood there shirt buttoned crooked & he asked if everything was ok? (I wanted to say not now it isnt) but just said her & I were talking over plans for next weekend,he said yeah,like he didnt believe me & suggested we go somewhere else to "Talk".so we left. that was 20 plus years ago & Yes I did marry her.
I won a trophy at Vantasia's van-in for that...lol but I won't bother you with what went on...lol
I swear the cops knew when my van was parked, they had better go peek.
And heres a story about the van rocking and the only time I called the cops because of it.
Im at a stop light (I was living in the van at the time) an the side door swings open. In steps a 30 ish nice lookin lady, with one shoe missing and her sweater on crooked like. She is obviously screwed up hardcore. She also happens to be standing ankle deep in the cats litter box. I asked he if she was running from someone- yes she says, her husband. I ask if she needs to go to the hospital. No, just to her sisters house, in Lancaster County. Ok, so I start driving, thinking the husband is gonna ram into my van at any given second. The woman crashes out on my bed.
An hour later, we arrive near where she said her sisters house is. I pull over, shut off van, and go into the back- wondering if she DIED or what... I wake her up (oh thank god, shes not dead!), she swings her legs over me and pulls me close. Oh no way, maam (I figured she might climb into all kinds of vans, perhaps dirtier than my own.. a weekend van climber). So I push her away and ask her if I can please just drop her off at her sisters place. No, she says, she wants to go to Nebraska or some such place, right now (its like a thousand miles from there!) She writes me a blank check for gasoline to cover the trip.
Geeze. I tell her Im going to simply go back to where I usually park the van, and stay there overnight. She can have the bed, ill sleep up front. In the morning, Ill take her almost anywhere she wants to go. She zonks back out, I start on the return trip. ABout 1/2 way there, she wakes up and comes up front. Has NO idea who I am, cant remember how she got there. I explain it all 4 times, and tell her my plan. She starts grabbing and chain smoking my cigs... dude Im broke, and thats my last pack!
Then she grabs my cat (hence the litter box) and starts getting freaky with him. I mean FREAKY.
Im thinking, dammit cat, scratch her or something. He didnt, he just took it.
So we get back to my usual spot. By now, Ive got two measly marlboros left. She has finnaly stopped her weirdness with the cat, and dozes in an out. When she wakes, she cant remember me. I notice alot of pill bottles in her pocket book (which she dumped on the floor. Uh oh. Booze and pills. This broad could DIE at any moment. So, thinking Im really smart, I grab the blank check. Ill call her husband. If he sounds like an ashole that beat her up/ drove her to this, Ill call the cops... if hes decent and his wacky wife is just ODing, Ill work with him.
So I wait till shes out again, and run the block to the closest pay phone. No number listed under her last name. I run 1/2 way back to check on her. The doors are wide open- shes GONE. So are my smokes (all two of them) my change (like 2 bucks worth) and my damn cat!!!
So I run back to the phone, and call the cops. They arrive quickly- three cars, six cops, within 4 minutes. As they get there a call comes in from a restuartant- a wacky woman is outside. we go there, shes gone. Then, the cops find her outback of the truckstop where I was parked. My cat is still gone. Now imagine 6 bobbing mag lights, yelling cops, all chasing my cat down.
Finally, cat returned, smokes and cash missing, but me with the blank check, her husband picks her up. Im sure to this day he thinks the vanner scrogged his old lady. In all truth, the old lady scrogged the vanners cat!
I never did fill out that check.
well at least your cat came back,just as well it cant talk,probably quite a story it would tell you.

and Diana, congrats with your Spring Fever award,sorry we missed the 05 vannin.
got to be my favorite thred...ill have some stories after this summer when the interior gets done-er. [Wink]
Posted By: Deb Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - March 06th 2006 8:12 pm
My mom always hated the sticker on the back of some vans that stated "Don't laugh, your daughter may be in here", being as she had 5 daughters to look after at some eVANts back in the 70's.
When I was married my husband and I won a award for rocking van.. lol...but the story wasn't near as exciting as yours.. lol
FIRST rockin early experiance.. thought we were secluded on a long deserted dirt road very far into the woods.. off the road in the tall grass kinda in the shade but a VERY HOT summer day so we had all doors wide open, also before a bed in the van and we were just on the carpet in plain view ...looked up after a long while.. and a group LIKE 30 or 40 teenage boyscouts came parading by about 20 feet away LOL never swung doors closed so fast and ducted for cover LOL.. never looked out to see if they saw us or not..but it had to be close if they didn't ... now thats a nature walk LOL ..oooops [Wink]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 21st 2022 7:00 pm
What a funny/good thread ....lol

Being at the river during Spring Break .... when did the van stop rockin ....lol

Oh and yes I have been bothered several times, some by cops on Festive Island

Whats your story ?
Never did have that happen lol
Posted By: CatFish Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 22nd 2022 3:48 pm
Happens to me all the time. I tell them women they'll just have to get in line and wait their turn......

laugh
Posted By: lukester Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 22nd 2022 10:59 pm
Catfish over here livin the dream grin
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 23rd 2022 1:11 am
Van Go 1 Orange County Speedway October 1974. After a stellar suspension test. Opened the rear cargo doors to get a breath of fresh air: my van club had circled my van and gave me a round of applause. grin
I like you ol dirty dogs.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 23rd 2022 1:42 am
And I'm Always ready to learn new tricks ! lol
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 23rd 2022 5:10 am
Originally Posted by SDMickey
And I'm Always ready to learn new tricks ! lol

Dont close the doors to begin with .....lol
That would work! lol
Back in the early '70's, several times had a cop knock on the window of my van while parked down the block from girlfriend's house, saying 'good night' before dropping her off. ( Usually the same cop ) .

Been chased off the beach by the cops in the Hamptons a few times. The rich girls liked to piss their daddies off, van guys liked to help them accomplish that. Ah yes, the panties on the antenna.

My extended family had a cabin in the Poconos. Had a bunch of friends there for a big weekend party summer after graduating HS. People slept in the cabin, on the porch, tents in the yard. I had the van and a different 'guest' each night. Some buddies were jealous and would come and rock the shit out of my van while business was going on inside. The good old days.
Have never told my wife these stories.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 23rd 2022 9:32 pm
Originally Posted by oldskool73
Some buddies were jealous and would come and rock the shit out of my van while business was going on inside. The good old days.

Yep they were jealous .... you got the girl .... They had to use there hands for some thing ...lol

Same thing happened to me on festive Island. Good times ! !
Very nice one! lol
Originally Posted by frscke1
Originally Posted by oldskool73
Some buddies were jealous and would come and rock the shit out of my van while business was going on inside. The good old days.

Yep they were jealous .... you got the girl .... They had to use there hands for some thing ...lol

Same thing happened to me on festive Island. Good times ! !

I've been told that a lot of those guys still talk about that weekend. Not so much about me, but how much fun everyone had. And I'll never forget it.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 25th 2022 2:59 pm
Several times back in the 70's......both times it was a cop who told me to "move along"
Posted By: Scrojira Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 25th 2022 3:51 pm
One time back around 1999 - I had a '77 Dodge van fully upholstered with cheetah print fur at the time - my then-girlfriend and I pulled over on the side of a highway to get frisky after picking her up from work one night and a few minutes later, HER MOM pulled up behind us because she thought the van had broken down.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 25th 2022 4:08 pm
LOL worse than a cop ...
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - January 25th 2022 7:26 pm
Originally Posted by frscke1
LOL worse than a cop ...

WAY worse than a cop!!!
Oh my can't imagine that lol
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - September 08th 2022 11:30 pm
Any more stories ?
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Has anyone come a knockin when the van was rockin? - September 09th 2022 12:00 pm
Oh my the hormones!!!they be a ragin'
© Vannin' Community and Forums