by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Thread Like Summary
CatFish, frscke1
Original Post (Thread Starter)
G30 and E150 from Missouri #785270 11/17/2021 3:29 PM
by Bowtie Charlie
Bowtie Charlie
Hello, I'm from Joplin, MO and have been creepin without an account for years admiring all of the vans, and finally decided to create one. Purchased my first van a year ago, super clean 1989 E150 Conversion van done by Cobra, from an older couple that couldn't use it anymore. My original intent was to build out a custom camper setup but the inside is in such nice shape that I decided to leave it stock and instead find something that is more of a blank slate. Also wasn't feeling great about the two tank experience, replaced every single pump and can still only run from the rear, maybe it's just the switch itself, who knows. Anyways it drives really nice but doesn't get very far with one small tank and single digit mpgs...

Which brings me to my most current purchase, a 1994 G30. Windowless, completely blank interior, one giant gas tank. Sorta found it through Craigslist, someone had a nice old car posted for sale and I noticed a really sweet Chevy van behind it, so I messaged saying that I'm interested in the van if he ever plans on selling it. He replied saying that the van isn't for sale (its for his wife) but he has another one that he could sell me. Turns out the guy has many vans and this was his daily driver while he's busy working on his current project van. Really cool dude, been customizing vans for years, I paid a little bit more for this van than I would have liked but made a nice connection with an experienced Vanner so it was worth it. I'm planning on building out the interior, nice mix between a fun theme and something functional for my BMX trips, have something in mind but will probably wait to explain it whenever I get around to making a readers ride thread for this van.

Glad to officially join the community!
Liked Replies
Re: G30 and E150 from Missouri #785342 Nov 18th a 02:39 PM
by Bowtie Charlie
Bowtie Charlie
Originally Posted by Bowtie Charlie
Originally Posted by frscke1
Welcome to the site Charlie ... I have a couple of G30's youll love it... easy to repair and plentiful in the parts department.

again welcome Bowtie Charlie ...

Thank you frscke1, I definitely dig your G30s, something to aspire to! Also, I'm liking the name Bowtie Charlie...

Bowtie it is

Nice, feel like I just got Knighted.
1 member likes this
Re: G30 and E150 from Missouri #785293 Nov 17th a 08:45 PM
by Bowtie Charlie
Bowtie Charlie
Originally Posted by CatFish
Welcome!
I had a '88 Ford high top with the same problem. Two tanks, three pumps and that (spider) change-over assembly. Got it working fine but for a while there the 16 gallon rear tank and 9 MPG was aggravating. Mine turned out to be a bad pump in the side tank and a clogged filter/screen in the change-over valve. I changed them all, no more trouble. We owned it for 22 years or so. If you need any help with the Ford give me a hollar.
I own all GM now and my knuckles have finally healed up..... lol
Again welcome.

Haha! I've owned two Chevy trucks, this is my first Ford. I'm not really a brand name loyal type of person (also own a Jeep Cherokee XJ, Toyota Cressida wagon and a Honda Element) but I do have to say that the Chevy fits me much better. Thanks for the offered help with the Ford, I'm currently trying to decide if I want to keep it around just to look at it and enjoy a cruise around town here and there, or sell it within the next couple of weeks to avoid updating my tags, and put all of my focus into the Chevy.
Thanks again CatFish!
1 member likes this
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)