by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Thread Like Summary
frscke1, lukester
Original Post (Thread Starter)
It is the 21st Century right? #771475 02/16/2021 6:20 PM
by NateB
NateB
I ask because it seems every van council or club (at least on the East Coast) have websites that haven't been updated in years. I'm not on Facebook and I never seem to get flyers in the mail even though I put my address down at every evant I attend.

And quite frankly this site is nowhere near as active as it was in years past...again everything has moved to Facebook.

It's almost as if these clubs are run by people who still think it's 1976.

Thanks for listening. smile
Liked Replies
Re: It is the 21st Century right? #771477 Feb 16th a 08:34 PM
by kursed
kursed
Facebook has taken over a lot of the forum activity as a lot of people just want instant gratification these days. They just want to glance at some pictures, maybe ask a question, and then not be bothered with any of the intricacies of normal human conversations. It's really sad to see things shift in that direction too, because the forums are a great way to meet people with common interests and to social network in a more in depth manner.

Sadly I think the instant gratification even hits the forums hard nowadays as you see a ton of people sign up, log in and make one post to ask a question or sell something, then mostly fade away into oblivion.

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned, but I enjoy conversation. These forums hold a wealth of knowledge that Facebook and Instagram can't come close to. I used to moderate a chopper forum, but we shut it down years ago due to the decline in membership and content. It's pretty sad that most all of that stuff is lost forever.

As for the clubs and websites, I really don't know why they don't get with the times on that aspect. It's easier and cheaper today to start a legit professional website than it ever has been. I'm part of a hot rod and motorcycle club and we don't have a legit website, but that is for a specific reason. We don't actively seek new members. Hell, we don't even have written bylaws or dues, but that is by design as well. We wanted something more akin to the hot rod clubs of the early days without all of the drama and nonsense that modern clubs deal with.

With all that said, if you have a club, or know of a club that needs help with that kind of stuff, send them my way and I might be able to help them, or at least point them in the right direction.

Just my 2 cents, I could be way off base, but that's my guess anyway.
1 member likes this
Re: It is the 21st Century right? #771508 Feb 17th a 02:38 AM
by kursed
kursed
Originally Posted by lukester
Cause I'm a twenty-first century digital boy
I don't know how to live but I got a lot of toys cheers

One of the very few songs to roll out of the 90s that I actually enjoy. LOL.
1 member likes this
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 16 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 129