Boxdin
Site Navigation

Advertisements
Recent Posts
88 G20 slow resurrection
by frscke1 - November 27th 2020 4:53 pm
Slider mechanism
by frscke1 - November 27th 2020 11:37 am
Neutral safety switch for back up lights??
by Juntao_DW - November 27th 2020 10:02 am
Turn signal wont turn off after turn.
by Juntao_DW - November 27th 2020 9:35 am
1977 chevy van
by newkirkinc1 - November 27th 2020 7:31 am
Featured Links
Vanning.Com is a an authorized Amsoil Dealer

Thread Like Summary
frscke1
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Road Trippin #765524 09/14/2020 9:09 AM
by Killawattz
Killawattz
Greetings,

I bought a 94 Chevy G20 conversion "Cowboy Conversion", a few months back, and for the most part it's just sat in the garage awaiting time and money. Plus, with the AC being broken (needed new compressor), and the AZ desert being rather warm, I haven't really driven it much. However, on the 17th, I'm going to be taking this baby to south MS for work, coming from Tucson, AZ. I'll be there for 3 months, and this will be my primary vehicle for that period. I look forward to getting to know this van better, I can already see it turning into a money pit. I've been an auto enthusiast for years, but only sports cars, nothing like this. I find working on the van rewarding, as it's a vehicle meant to be enjoyed with others, and it has lots of practicality, but also can be quite fun.

All that being said, I've replaced the AC compressor, going to go get the system vacuumed and recharged tomorrow. I've changed the fuel filter, the oil & filter, and the air filter. The van leaks no oil, blows no smoke, nor does it have any odd noises to speak of, which is fairly impressive to me with the mileage of 245k that it has on the original 350 CID motor. I pulled off the dog house and looked to see a vacuum line from one of the valve covers was somehow undone that was connected to the throttle body, and I corrected that. Other than that, I can find nothing else wrong. I considered doing plugs/wires, but it runs so flawlessly it seems like a waste. The air suspension is still holding fine, though I'm bringing a small compressor with me just in case.

My question would be, what do you do when preparing your van for a long trip? Is there something I'm missing? I appreciate any insight, thank you for reading.
Liked Replies
Re: Road Trippin #765670 Sep 20th a 12:26 AM
by CatFish
CatFish
Yep Terry we've crossed paths on the road... Can't wait for the truckins to get back to normal.
So what do you do when preparing your van for a long trip?
1 member likes this
Donate

discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Cec813, chefG, Shaguadelic, JDHall, DrifterJourney
11691 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 134
frscke1 64