by Seattle Van Dude - August 10th 2022 10:56 am
Featured Links

Thread Like Summary
Charlie99909, cornfarmer, Deathorvictory, frscke1, KogonDodge, Wedgy
Original Post (Thread Starter)
1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #749083 05/31/2019 1:19 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Well I found this locally here in Portland. A real nice guy out in the suburbs owned this for the last 3 years, he bought it from the original owner and it’s very clean. I wanted a shorty but all that I find are trashed or way too expensive. It’s got 77k original miles, 5.2L 3 speed auto. Best part was that it was $1500. Really awesome base to work with.

Best part is there is not a spec of rust on this thing on anywhere besides a few surface spots on the back floor. Easy fix with POR15! He sprayed it black and it looks decent for now. I’d like to do gloss black and some cool graphics but I’m gonna work on the stance with new wheels/tires and some other stuff I’ve got up my sleeve.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thanks for looking!
Liked Replies
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #781022 Aug 22nd a 11:22 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Finished the carpet padding and carpet this weekend. Stapled down and then I glued the carpet on the wheel wells. Total work about 10-12 hours total to get all the details right.

Re installed the bed framing and secured it much better to the subfloor so it will never move if ever an accident happened. Then I got the upholstered panels back up and the cut down divider walls.

I also carpeted the center bed divider too and will make a bed skirt to cover this but for now it looks great.
2 members like this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #781665 Sep 3rd a 05:17 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
Wow! That's looking very old skool in my book!
2 members like this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #788384 Feb 14th a 04:10 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
New seats were recently finished and installed. I had him add fringe on the bottom to cover the upper swivel base components

2 members like this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #790894 May 3rd a 12:05 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Got invited to the 1 Moto Show here in Portland, OR. The event was this past weekend and overall it was pretty good! Wet weather on Friday and Saturday’s which limited open door display but the response while we were there was really phenomenal. We poured shots of Makers for anyone who was interested. This was the 13th year of the 1 Show and by far the biggest and most people. I wish I knew the attendance level but seemed to be well over 10k if not more. My fellow club member got to show her bitchin dodge as well. We both got custom show boards painted for us by a local vanner who is a good friend and talented sign maker.

2 members like this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - “Painkiller” #769619 Jan 13th a 04:35 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Yes wild berry. Its a touch more burgundy than the red of the vinyl but I can live with it. Once its all in there, it should really come together. I just cant even try to match all the reds exactly at this point.
1 member likes this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - “Painkiller” #780303 Aug 9th a 09:13 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
The van is at the shop getting a new water pump, timing chain, belts, hoses, etc as the water pump started leaking badly on a drive. While it’s there, I’m trying to get interior stuff done that I don’t need the van for. Some of this I started earlier while I still had it but prepped a bunch of things I continued now it’s been there for a bit.

Fitting the swivel seats was fairly straight forward, I used 1/8 steel strips to bolt to the base and then drill holes to accept the seat since it was much wider than the base.

After mocking both up and checking that they work and swivel, I noticed they sat much lower. Quick check showed them 3” shorter on these bases so I bought some steel tubing and made “blocks” to raise them up the desired height.

Now that’s done, I’m going to disassemble and send these to local blasting and powder coat for a satin black finish. Most of it will get covered but if they are all re finished, they will disappear on the black carpet very well.

I mentioned in another post that I cut the divider walls down. I made 2x4 trim tops for each side that are getting wrapped in foam and then fur. It will finish off the tops and be soft.

The walls look a little funny half fur covered and out of context but once they are in the van and fully finished, it will create a nice divider that is lower and open. This is a little and very quick sketch I did to make sure I was headed the right direction. Lower walls, and curtains that swag to the sides and can go all the way across, speakers down low and still a nice rear area. I’m going to order this crushed red velvet for the rear walls, some of the ceiling and the curtains. [Linked Image from ]
1 member likes this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #781650 Sep 3rd a 03:46 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Far from done but got a lot done for our recent club Campout. I got lights wired into the dome light circuit for ambiance at night and overall the van was a hit. Turned into the weekend party van and so many people stopped by.

Also finished the seat bases late the night before, all powder coated and brand new hardware. Once I upholster the seats, I may integrate a little skirt to conceal more of the base but they work great and made hanging out in the van so fun! I’ve never had lights or captains chairs so this was a really fun upgrade I worked my ass to get done
1 member likes this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #783207 Oct 2nd a 08:39 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Rug was finished and picked up! It really brings it all together [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
Re: 1987 Dodge B250 - Painkiller #781775 Sep 6th a 04:23 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory

Got the base ply ceiling up for the last time. Wiring pigtails have been ran. Last part will be the front headliner panel. The original one is ripped and kinda warped after all these years so I will use it as a template and then it’s onto more ceiling pieces and finishes.
1 member likes this
Donate

discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeaveNothingStock, BobButNotThatBob, Swede, trent_maka, RockwoodDoofus
12373 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 136
frscke1 56