by coryjohn78 - October 27th 2021 8:44 pm
Dr. Bob's Jokes Thread
by frscke1 - October 27th 2021 6:58 pm
A lot of Parts- All Makes and Universal
by Charlie99909 - October 27th 2021 6:46 pm
Featured Links
Vanning.Com is a an authorized Amsoil Dealer

Thread Like Summary
Bradinduluth, CatFish, Charlie99909, cornfarmer, Dyno_Dave, Frosty, frscke1, loganpines, Micknucklez, NateB, Raff, Rusty Pancelode, Scrojira, Tim_M, Wedgy, Wizzard
Original Post (Thread Starter)
What Did You do To your Van Today? #517546 12/04/2011 3:09 AM
by wrcsixeight
wrcsixeight
Hello Vanners!

I had a good day today. I Found and fixed an annoying rattle that turned out to be a loose upper shock bolt.

Then I removed my rear door handle. The Thumb press decided to no longer rebound on it's own many many months ago.
Found a broken spring. So I Fab'd up another and got her working again good as new with only minimal cursing involved. Did not throw a single tool though, I'm getting better.

[Linked Image]

After this success, I installed some new prothane dust boots to replace 2 which prematurely split. One on a tie rod end, one on a 3 month old Moog draglink. A pitman arm puller made the job super easy. I also regreased all my zerks

Then I installed a new PCV valve grommett.

Not a bad day. Casa Dodge is happy.

What did you do to your Van today?

Liked Replies
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782284 Sep 16th a 09:04 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
My lady surprised my for my birthday by getting a custom rug made for the van. The girl who’s doing it is a bit behind at the moment but the progress pic I got is really cool! The background will be black so the letters will pop. This will live inside the van and since there is no mural or lettering on my van, this is a unique way to have the name displayed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
4 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #783718 Oct 14th a 03:39 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Not today, but this past Sunday I added some swanky gold tassels.

3 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #777995 Jun 21st a 06:33 PM
by Lee7673
Lee7673
Originally Posted by Wizzard
My wife and kids bought 6 of these portal bubble windows yesterday for me for Fathers Day. I cant wait to get them installed. I'm going to place them not quite vertical and lined up from the rear wheel aft, three on either side

Very Nice!
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #772435 Mar 8th a 05:02 PM
by kursed
kursed
Yep, what Charlie said.

As with everything in life you get what you pay for though. Typically those super cheap ones are Chinese knock offs of the originals, so it's probably just a copy of an MSD or Accel. Sometimes the cheap knock offs are just fine. I tend to lean on name brand when I can just because technical service seems to be so much easier if you do have a problem down the road. BUT, I do buy the cheap parts too, it's all a crap shoot anymore as most of the name brands are outsourcing to the same Chinese companies that make the knock offs.

Give the cheap one a shot, it's so drastically less cost, and you're not out a fortune if it flops. I want to put one in my van eventually too, so I might actually buy one and give it a shot if you have good luck with yours.
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778223 Jun 26th a 01:31 AM
by Lurch760
Lurch760
I gave the $600 Dodge a good “comet” scrub to bring back some of the color and make a quick exhaust out of a flowmaster I had and some cheap autozone tubing
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780173 Aug 6th a 05:55 PM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Making some changes to the interior on my van so I took it down to the subfloor again which is a big step backwards but after living with my van the last 2 years, I wasn’t happy with how I did things and wanting to redo the carpet (again) prompted me to decide to take everything out and build it better.

I’ve purchased black shag and a factory OEM style front area carpet that will fit around the doghouse and all the other areas and will be easier to keep clean. I’ve just about finished fitting the swivel seat bases and getting those powder coated and will install them. I cut my divider walls in half as I wasn’t loving the permanent separation and wanted to move the speakers as well. I was never 100 % sold on the final shape I built so I kept the lower upholstered half wall section and will trim it out and should look great. Now that everything is out, I will carpet the whole floor this time including the rear wheel wells and partially up the side walls under the rear bed area for a finished look. Then I’ll re install the bed structure and bolt it into the subfloor. Last time I built the bed, i installed it over the wood subfloor and I decided to carpet around everything and didn’t even get the rear area done so it just felt incorrect and more of a pain to do it that way.

This van has taken me considerably longer than I think I ever could imagine and my list to finish the vision I have for the interior is still so long. But I’m committed to doing it right and feel so much better about the changes I’m making and even fixed some problems with a few minor things and it should be great this time around.

2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #781628 Sep 2nd a 11:24 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
Well I had recently talked with another vanner about checking and cleaning the AC evaporator coil. Got to thinking I hadn't checked the coil on Blue in a while. Pulled the fan motor resister pack to look inside.

Found this on the resistor pack.....

Then looked in the hole at the coil and found more debris!! Damn leaves!

There were just as much along the bottom of the coil and laying in the enclosure. Vacuumed all that mess out and put it back together. Should start to follow my own advice i guess.....
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778198 Jun 25th a 12:04 AM
by frscke1
frscke1

And if you have a str axle ..

2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #776455 May 19th a 10:30 PM
by 74ChevyVan
74ChevyVan
Gutted the inside last week. About half way through redoing the inside
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778014 Jun 22nd a 01:11 AM
by Wizzard
Wizzard
HAPPY HAPPY Monday! I got motivated and got my side doors with pop-out windows installed!
Never mind my crappy painting skills
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778096 Jun 23rd a 02:42 PM
by Bradinduluth
Bradinduluth
Originally Posted by Rusty_Pancelode
Originally Posted by Bradinduluth
Replaced the stationary glass in my back doors with pop outs. Thanks hevyhauling-on Instagram for the new glass & hardware.

I've been wanting to do that to mine for a long time.

It was a serious pain in the a**. But totally worth it, now that it’s over. Several $.80 putty knives later
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765043 Aug 26th a 03:12 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
Pulled the windshield on the GMC to address some surface rust at the gasket. Sanded, cleaned and prepped. Second time for this and I wanna get it right this time....
2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #764874 Aug 18th a 02:40 AM
by Gladiator
Gladiator
Sweet find Charlie.

Packed the van up and took Dad camping at Deer Creek in Ohio. He's staying in a tent while I'll be sleeping in the van for the first time tonight.

2 members like this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #779267 Jul 21st a 06:17 PM
by Uncle_Fester
Uncle_Fester
Wasn’t today, but last week, I finally got off my butt and fixed a vibration I have had in the driveline of my van. Any time I got to 55mph, I got a vibration in the floor/seat of my pants and was not sure what it was.

I checked the u-joints, and they SEAMED tight, so I kept looking with no luck. I finally decided screw it and pulled the driveshaft out. As I did that I found the front u-joint to be bad and fixated on that, repairing it and put the shaft back in the van. Upon test driving it, I found the vibration was better but not gone, so out came the shaft again to inspect the rear u-joint, and it turned out to be bad too. Off to the parts store to get another u-joint and replace it too. Now the van runs as smooth or maybe smoother than the day I bought her. YAY ME !lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778739 Jul 9th a 05:17 AM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
Hell yeah! I’m hoping you’ll still have yours when mine is on the road. I’d run it down to Santa Cruz in a hot minute.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778549 Jul 2nd a 07:52 PM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
Ever see something on craigslist and fall in love with it because the price was right? Crap.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Asking $1200 but has some "rot" and a panel needs to be replaced. Depending on how bad it is and if I could save it, I'd do $800 cash. It would be perfect for storing all my van parts inside of and then hauling my chopper with. It has a clean title and is currently registered with no back fees.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #779002 Jul 16th a 04:56 PM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
Originally Posted by cornfarmer
I replaced the front turn signal sockets. They light up, but the passenger side won't blink, g*ddamn wiring....ordered a new speedo cable on eBay because O'Reily had the wrong one, g*ddamn parts stores.

While I was under there pulling the cable the other day, I noticed a decent sized rusty hole on the driver side pan....g*ddamn rust.

I wish I hadn't looked at that '77 Econoline near me on eBay.

I feel your pain, brother.

You forgot... g*ddamn eBay.
lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778056 Jun 23rd a 02:18 AM
by Bradinduluth
Bradinduluth
Replaced the stationary glass in my back doors with pop outs. Thanks hevyhauling-on Instagram for the new glass & hardware.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778218 Jun 25th a 10:41 PM
by Wizzard
Wizzard
MmmHmmm, Big Red looking sweet. I was considering a 4x4 swap on a 95' G20 high top conversion I'm going to get
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778191 Jun 24th a 11:46 PM
by frscke1
frscke1
NO I believe all vans need them. Way safer driving a brick with them.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778182 Jun 24th a 08:44 PM
by kursed
kursed
Clorox S.O.S. pads and hot water to the rescue again. Cleaned these crusty goobers up pretty nicely.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778166 Jun 24th a 07:16 PM
by frscke1
frscke1
My '93 got a new stereo today yea I got my 700 w 12 speaker Sony BOOM box back .... got messed up in the body shop .. some how it blew a fuse in the head unit ....hmmmm
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #783733 Oct 14th a 11:40 PM
by DrCaldre
DrCaldre
Today I fixed the cancer stick ingniter and added a usb port while it's all taken apart. Redoing the doghouse insulation Saturday. I used dupli color vinyl and fabric aerosol to repait both whole pieces, because the color was really close, but just a touch lighter.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #779474 Jul 26th a 04:16 AM
by pontiac59
pontiac59
That is the coolest pickup cap I have ever seen
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #779582 Jul 27th a 09:57 PM
by cornfarmer
cornfarmer
Swapped out the Econoline's pigtail and the back circuit board for my instrument cluster, and we've got most of our gauges back. The new speedo/odo and speedo cable are working but the needle bounces and it's reading a lot higher than it should.....crap.

The last bit of wiring has hit a snail-like pace, only a few things are left, mostly the horn and fuel gauge. Got a relay on the way for the horn setup, hopefully the fuel gauge is only a bad wire and not a bad sending unit......that would mean dropping the tank to get to it, F that noise. We could always cut a hole in the floor to keep the meth-head spirit alive. hahahohohaha
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780023 Aug 4th a 03:30 PM
by frscke1
frscke1
Originally Posted by wrcsixeight
Cleanest ATV tires I've ever seen

It got detailed along with the van to go to the Council of council in Feb 2011. Thats when my van made Hot Rod mag.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780027 Aug 4th a 03:49 PM
by kursed
kursed
Originally Posted by wrcsixeight
Cleanest ATV tires I've ever seen^^

Last December I removed my AC compressor, which had been acting as a pulley only, for 15 years, and replaced it with a '120 amp NipponDenso' alternator.

120 amp, is in quotes, as it maxed out at 109 amps, and its 50 amp rating at hot idle, in drive, foot on the brake, is a woeful 32 amps. It is a ND clone alternator, assembled in Malaysia, bought new at Autozone. I think they shaved a few dollars in copper windings of rotor and stator.

I was hoping its dual internal fans would outperform the lifetime warranty reman 50/120 chrysler alternator which failed. Oreilly's had decided they had no record of me ever having bought such an alternator, so I just moved on.

That reman alternator just had poor brush alignment. I fixed that, added some spit and polish to improve heat transfer from diodes and reduce resistance, and returned it to service, and the ND sat on a shelf for 9 months.

A few more hundred rpm and the ND outperforms the chrysler 50/120 amp alternator, until about 1800 rpm though. The chrysler can meet 50 amp at hot idle foot on brake in drive, and 120 amps max, but at about 3200 rpm, where I rarely go.

Since aligning the pulleys in December, I never hooked it to the battery or to a voltage regulator as I did not require the extra DC juice, still don;t really, but I found the round tuit.

Last couple days I decided to change that, hooking it directly to me engine battery and the Chrysler 50/120 to my House battery bank.

Both alternators are separately regulated with an adjustable voltage regulator.
The OEM voltage regulator in engine computer is bypassed, and the ECM tricked into not flashing the check engine light with a 50 watt 10 ohm resistor in between the original wires going to field terminals on the externally regulated alternator.

On my dash, I have two digital two decimal voltmeters and two voltage adjustment knobs.

Basically, Nearly anytime my engine is running, I can charge my deep cycling batteries as fast as safely possible, to get them to as high a state of charge as possible when I drive, which greatly extends their lifespans, as opposed to slower charging and starting the next discharge cycle from lower states of charge and drawing them deeper.

The original voltage regulator inside ECM drops from high 14's to mid 13s quickly, and a new battery will accept about 2/3 less amperage with 13.7v reaching battery terminals compared to 14.7v.

I can also turn a switch and charge both battery banks from one or the other, or just cycle one bank or the other.

I'm not quite done, its just functional at this point, not yet refined.

The ultimate goal is the ability to idle my engine, with both alternators and two battery banks powering a 2KW+ inverter at near full load, for as long as there is fuel in the tank, even though I do not require such an ability at this point in time.

Some additional forced alternator cooling would likely be required if 2KW is needed for more than 10 to 15 minutes, but the thermocouples attached to their casings, will decide.

I read all of that and now I'm...

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780020 Aug 4th a 07:28 AM
by wrcsixeight
wrcsixeight
Cleanest ATV tires I've ever seen^^

Last December I removed my AC compressor, which had been acting as a pulley only, for 15 years, and replaced it with a '120 amp NipponDenso' alternator.

120 amp, is in quotes, as it maxed out at 109 amps, and its 50 amp rating at hot idle, in drive, foot on the brake, is a woeful 32 amps. It is a ND clone alternator, assembled in Malaysia, bought new at Autozone. I think they shaved a few dollars in copper windings of rotor and stator.

I was hoping its dual internal fans would outperform the lifetime warranty reman 50/120 chrysler alternator which failed. Oreilly's had decided they had no record of me ever having bought such an alternator, so I just moved on.

That reman alternator just had poor brush alignment. I fixed that, added some spit and polish to improve heat transfer from diodes and reduce resistance, and returned it to service, and the ND sat on a shelf for 9 months.

A few more hundred rpm and the ND outperforms the chrysler 50/120 amp alternator, until about 1800 rpm though. The chrysler can meet 50 amp at hot idle foot on brake in drive, and 120 amps max, but at about 3200 rpm, where I rarely go.

Since aligning the pulleys in December, I never hooked it to the battery or to a voltage regulator as I did not require the extra DC juice, still don;t really, but I found the round tuit.

Last couple days I decided to change that, hooking it directly to me engine battery and the Chrysler 50/120 to my House battery bank.

Both alternators are separately regulated with an adjustable voltage regulator.
The OEM voltage regulator in engine computer is bypassed, and the ECM tricked into not flashing the check engine light with a 50 watt 10 ohm resistor in between the original wires going to field terminals on the externally regulated alternator.

On my dash, I have two digital two decimal voltmeters and two voltage adjustment knobs.

Basically, Nearly anytime my engine is running, I can charge my deep cycling batteries as fast as safely possible, to get them to as high a state of charge as possible when I drive, which greatly extends their lifespans, as opposed to slower charging and starting the next discharge cycle from lower states of charge and drawing them deeper.

The original voltage regulator inside ECM drops from high 14's to mid 13s quickly, and a new battery will accept about 2/3 less amperage with 13.7v reaching battery terminals compared to 14.7v.

I can also turn a switch and charge both battery banks from one or the other, or just cycle one bank or the other.

I'm not quite done, its just functional at this point, not yet refined.

The ultimate goal is the ability to idle my engine, with both alternators and two battery banks powering a 2KW+ inverter at near full load, for as long as there is fuel in the tank, even though I do not require such an ability at this point in time.

Some additional forced alternator cooling would likely be required if 2KW is needed for more than 10 to 15 minutes, but the thermocouples attached to their casings, will decide.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780037 Aug 4th a 04:20 PM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
Wrcsixeight must type 120 words/minute.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #780051 Aug 4th a 07:12 PM
by 74ChevyVan
74ChevyVan
Where we were at the end of March when it arrived from Oregon and where we are today. About 2/3 done. Couldn't find lights I liked so we came up with our own. Chevy valve covers made into light. They work great!
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #781632 Sep 3rd a 01:27 AM
by Bradinduluth
Bradinduluth
Added a Dodge Charger fuel door to my Van today. It looks much better and is way nice, to not need to hold it while fueling.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #781645 Sep 3rd a 02:33 AM
by CatFish
CatFish
That looks really good. Like 'em wheels too...
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782244 Sep 16th a 01:32 AM
by cornfarmer
cornfarmer
Man, the parts game is insane. It has been a total pain in the ass this week trying to find basic stuff - intake gaskets, bolt kits, tensioner pulleys, the most basic stuff you'd think was common. I had to get Charile to help me earlier this week and he's got magic search juju in his veins....!
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782245 Sep 16th a 01:56 AM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
It keeps me focused.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782269 Sep 16th a 03:11 PM
by kursed
kursed
Originally Posted by Charlie99909
“Uh, does a man work here?”

Sadly, they are even worse than she is.

Yeah, I try to hit the old timers at any auto parts store I go to, but I've even run across a few of them that don't know jack.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782850 Sep 26th a 10:01 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
Go Bowtie and let your knuckles heal up........ worms

lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782945 Sep 28th a 04:23 PM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
I moved it around playing musical vehicles so I could rearrange my fleet.
It looks like it's next to pull into the shop and get torn down.
Anybody want to volunteer to do the head gaskets?
lol

Maybe Charlie, since he's going Chevy anyway?
lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #782944 Sep 28th a 04:12 PM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
Originally Posted by frscke1
Says me too ..... lol
Originally Posted by SDMickey
Wow Charlie ! Are you coming over to The Bow-Tie Guys ? chevy

LOL, never! Who knows, I may buy a 90's G10 if one popped up that would smog.

Originally Posted by CatFish
Go Bowtie and let your knuckles heal up........ worms

lol

Everyone is a comedian. rofl
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #764974 Aug 23rd a 03:57 AM
by DrCaldre
DrCaldre
Did sound deadener and polyfill on my rear doors and "door panels" today. They sound outstanding. I love that I can hear how good they are insulated when I slam em shut.

Got a beer with my girl to celebrate with some tunes.

Power stop front kit, and literally every new part for the rear drums have been delivered.

My three new conversion windows showed up from Parkins today as well.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #766251 Oct 12th a 12:36 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
Finished my custom lights for the van. Now to decide where they fit best.

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #773357 Mar 23rd a 05:09 AM
by SDMickey
SDMickey
Nice grill.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #773155 Mar 19th a 04:56 PM
by kursed
kursed
Cool, thanks for that info. I love passing on good sources for parts to other vanners when they're looking. Anything to get a vanner on the road or keep vanning rolling along in general.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #770543 Jan 31st a 06:37 PM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
Cool steering wheel.
(I have the same one)
Got two different horn buttons for it...
The one like yours, and the black one with the red, white and blue ring.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #769549 Jan 11th a 04:12 AM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
I'd consider the dinosaur a score and would put him somewhere funny in my shop.

My wife would be glad to know that you found the pieces to the puzzle she was working on recently.
lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #769170 Dec 30th a 11:23 PM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
Originally Posted by cornfarmer
I know which one you’re taking about. I was going to grab it for someone and they got back to me way late. I’m glad you were able to snag it. That’s the van I got the Martin RV sunroof from.

Is that why the roof was falling down? rofl

Yep, he had screwed that fiberglass insert into it and I removed just enough screws to rip it down. I got some stagnant water in my face for my troubles. LOL.

Up here in Sacramento the junkyards are still very busy and most vans with anything good inside are made quick work of in a week or so.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #768005 Nov 30th a 07:11 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
So full sheets of 1/4 plywood to keep the curve and then your finished panels screwed into that? Do you have any pics of the process? I just want to wrap my head around it. I was trying to build it the way it was previously which used the strips but I don't like the gaps it is going to leave me with that I would need some metal edge trim to fix.

Thank you

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #767397 Nov 12th a 04:46 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
What Scrojira said.
I changed mine myself last time.
Both the locking strip gasket and the new glass will have 853 in the part number regardless of the manufacturer.
Also a thin line of 3M 08509 will seal the deal. Best stuff on the planet just don't over do it.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #767379 Nov 12th a 12:42 AM
by Deathorvictory
Deathorvictory
if a glass company cant tell you what gasket to order and install, its time to find another installer.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774320 Apr 8th a 02:40 PM
by frscke1
frscke1
YEA ! been riding them for decades ... the best out there
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #766057 Oct 5th a 02:00 AM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Today I installed my stereo and some wood trim on my dash.

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #766027 Oct 4th a 12:57 AM
by frscke1
frscke1
WHAT DID i DO .... I went out and raced it ....lookin for some Horsemeat .. found one but he shakes his head No
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765454 Sep 10th a 05:02 AM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
I scored a sweet vintage piece for the bed I'm planning on building.

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765181 Aug 31st a 01:53 AM
by DrCaldre
DrCaldre
Looking very familiar Scrojira, nice work. I just replaced my dash speakers and cleaned up some wires on Friday. Speedo cable gave me a bunch of trouble re-mounting the gauge cluster until I rerouted it over the air duct.

I also threw caution to the wind and just pulled the trigger on the whole kit and caboodle accessory drive kit from Chevrolet. "yolo"...or whatever
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-19418818
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765061 Aug 27th a 06:30 AM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
If you keep that up, you're going to have to change its name.
lol
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765191 Aug 31st a 04:30 AM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Today I insulated my engine compartment & doghouse, then tore up the rear carpet and replaced it with some killer black shag.

I had nothing but trouble with that OCC rear carpet. The two layers separated and bubbled up right in the middle of the van and after trying several different adhesives (two of which were recommended by OCC), nothing I did would get them to stick together again. It was a nightmare. Thankfully they gave me my money back. I'm much happier with the shag!

Hopefully I can get the dash back in tomorrow.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #765049 Aug 26th a 07:58 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
This morning before work I finished up installing my front carpet. Glad that's crossed off the list!

1 member likes this
junk yard finds #778050 Jun 22nd a 09:58 PM
by Wizzard
Wizzard
Holy Crap, I went to Wrench a Part and founf 4 Gladiator Captians seats w/swivels an old style roof rack and some sweet looking chrome Map lights for each chair and the bed area all for $130. Tomorrow in the AM I'm going to gpo get the Jack Knife bed and any other cool bits I can find
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774625 Apr 15th a 05:10 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Use rivnuts.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774703 Apr 16th a 09:48 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Today I ditched my old clogged cat, single pipe & crappy muffler for true duals w/ 18" Magnaflow glasspacks.

My neighbors might not be happy, but I am! 😁
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774791 Apr 19th a 03:21 AM
by SDMickey
SDMickey
Way to go Charlie. Looks nice.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774807 Apr 19th a 02:09 PM
by kursed
kursed
Looks good man.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #774767 Apr 18th a 10:36 PM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909

Finally got her mounted up. Fits like a glove and looks real sharp.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #775093 Apr 25th a 05:00 AM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode

does anyone know the best way to wire a Carovan switch? There one red wire, one white wire, and four black wires. I don’t know if they’re individual grounds, which wouldn’t make sense in terms of wiring power to each accessory.

Yeah, I know how.
Wire the red to your 12V supply...
Wire the white to ground...
The individual black wires go to the positive wire of each item you want to supply switched power to.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #775133 Apr 26th a 12:04 PM
by kursed
kursed
Sweet! I always wanted a nice set of KC lights when I had the lifted 68 K10, but couldn't find a decent deal on a set with covers.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #775028 Apr 23rd a 05:08 PM
by kursed
kursed
Heck yeah, that's going to look killer!

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #775623 May 4th a 05:24 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
This past weekend my wife & I buttoned up Lil' Shitty's wall panels & conquered the back corners. Ceiling panels are next.

Yesterday I installed my fender trim.

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #776128 May 15th a 01:33 PM
by Scrojira
Scrojira
Yesterday I replaced my leaky, crusty, dented old gas tank.

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #777011 Jun 2nd a 02:14 AM
by Lee7673
Lee7673
I just scored some fiberglass inserts for the rear corners from a Dodge. They even have the speaker cut out and come with some speakers! laugh

I would run my own but still, not a bad score for this morning.

These are really nice!
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #777072 Jun 3rd a 11:40 PM
by cornfarmer
cornfarmer
Gave the Econoline a bath because I hadn't done that yet since buying it. I think it's a good way to scope out where all the problems & boo boos are in the body/paint. Then I took it out for a quick incognito drive to test out the new steering wheel / turn signal switch - success there. I took my other van out earlier today (Van-na White) and got a feel for how the Econoline is comparing after getting this far with it, I'd say it's performing almost as good as her now. Stoked.

snapped a quick one

1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778020 Jun 22nd a 02:23 AM
by Rusty Pancelode
Rusty Pancelode
Man, what crappy painting skills.
lol

I'm just kidding!
That looks like it's coming along nicely.
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778036 Jun 22nd a 12:11 PM
by newkirkinc1
newkirkinc1
Nice doors and windows!
1 member likes this
Re: What Did You do To your Van Today? #778049 Jun 22nd a 09:39 PM
by Charlie99909
Charlie99909
Welp, it's been a long week of vacationing and working but I have been going over a lot in my head about my build. I have been looking over the pics and I have decided I am going to make a few adjustments based on something I wanted to shortcut but can't in good conscience. I have to straighten out the bent roof ribs. I will knock them into shape, then make sure they're "glued" into place. Then I am going to re do the roof braces for the ceiling panels to screw into. The boards across just aren't as even as I would like and will need to be a bit more flush and conform to the contours of the interior. I might as well do it while everything is out before I get too far again with paint.

One day a week ain't cuttin it. laugh
1 member likes this
Donate

discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
connectme3504, Vanaholic, Underdog, PunaRatz, demon1234
12125 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 290