Lew Greger
by MufflerMan Mike - March 27th 2024 5:15 pm
1987 G20 Gypsy
by SDMickey - March 25th 2024 9:39 pm
Featured Links

Thread Like Summary
frscke1, lukester, MoparHead, NEmery, Wedgy
Original Post (Thread Starter)
What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #28346 12/06/2005 5:47 AM
by Doomsayer
Doomsayer
Right now, I'm primarily into metal and hardcore. I listen to all forms of music, and repsect it all (after all, I am a musician myself) but my favorite is the extreme stuff.
Right now I got a CD of this one band from Quebec, Canada, called Ion Dissonance in my van's CD player. It's a very extreme mix of grindcore, jazz fusion, and hardcore that some have dubbed it "mathcore" due to the complexity of the riffs and timing in their music.

Definitely not the type of music to listen to for the faint of heart, but is great if you're used to listening to such death metal classics as Cannibal Corpse, Death, and Morbid Angel.

I personally like to play this type of music in my van, because it fits the name I gave it (Doomsayer) and both me and my van's personality. I love to think my van is the bringer of death on the road, and it shall smite all who oppose it. Lol!

Also, if anyone was wondering what a Doomsayer is, it's someone who speaks of misfortune, pain, suffering, and pretty much the apocalypse in general. It's also the opposite of a Soothsayer.

So what types of music do you all listen to in your van, and do you play it in accordance to both you and your van's personality, or do you just listen to whatever you like?

<small>[ December 06, 2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Doomsayer ]</small>
Liked Replies
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #795516 Sep 7th a 11:59 AM
by Astrocreep66
Astrocreep66
Valves ,lifters...featuring sidepipes or turn on CB and listen to old men talk about prostate.
3 members like this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #795550 Sep 7th a 04:50 PM
by CatFish
CatFish
Originally Posted by Astrocreep66
Valves ,lifters...featuring sidepipes or turn on CB and listen to old men talk about prostate.

Yes Sir!
Ever listen late at night to a straight piped Ford running low up a Dawson County holler? That's music to me. shift
lol
2 members like this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #801019 Jan 30th a 07:19 PM
by SummerWanderer1979B200
SummerWanderer1979B200
I keep it period correct. Led Zep, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, the list goes on…
2 members like this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #795340 Sep 3rd a 09:23 AM
by MoparHead
MoparHead
You're not alone, I also listen to podcasts while driving around in my van. Issues with Andy is my favorite... check it out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kJbRV8fh8
1 member likes this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #795357 Sep 4th a 03:29 AM
by lukester
lukester
I will have to check that out.
My top 3 are
My family thinks I'm crazy with Mark Palmer
Zero with Sam Tripoli
and the Juan on Juan podcast with Juan Ayala
1 member likes this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #798272 Nov 9th a 08:46 PM
by SDMickey
SDMickey
I could go for a Cheeseburger in Paradise right now cheers
1 member likes this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #795548 Sep 7th a 04:34 PM
by frscke1
frscke1
Originally Posted by soundhd
.mobile systems are for the occupants inside a vehicle not outside the vehicle…..LOL

I was out camping outside of Baker CA .... 3 of us had our stereos goin. I have a 700 watt others had more, pointing to the hills and we were on the driver side . The cops arrived , lights ,sirens and asked "who started this rave party" Sir ? there is no rave party its just 3 of us ..."We can hear your music in Baker " ... Baker was 8 miles by using the road but it was 3 miles as the crow flies. Our music traveled thru a canyon louder than you'd play it in town. The cops ASKED us if we would turn it down so town folks could sleep .......

Ted Nugent Stranglehold is one of my favorites ...
1 member likes this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #798353 Nov 11th a 12:34 PM
by Astrocreep66
Astrocreep66
Noisey lifters and the Wristpins..
1 member likes this
Re: What types of music do you all listen to in your vans? #798402 Nov 11th a 10:44 PM
by SDMickey
SDMickey
Hey; my old Bass Player played in those bands lol
1 member likes this
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530