So the computer died and I am once again searching for pics.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I drilled new holes in the crossmember for the tranny mount

I had the driveshaft cut.

Located the spot for the shifter. it was 16" from the mating surface of block and bellhousing.

I jacked it up where I believed it needed to be. I used 2 thoughts here, 1 driveshaft angle. I have the 2 piece shaft so the back half angle is the most important. I did not alter the length of the back, the support bearing and back shaft went back where I found it. The 2nd is the difference in space between the mount and the center of the output shaft. I found it to be 3 7/8". I went with 4" in theory to take a little angle out of the driveshaft. If both thoughts where in agreement I moved forward.

I made some spacers to drop the crossmember down. I used 4x4 1/4 thick steel post from the steel yard. It's overkill but it's all I could find. I capped both ends in 1/4 plate and added more 1/4 plate to the sides for mounting. Feel free to make fun of the welding, I do.

I located the holes and had at it. This is the result.

Dragged it home and did a "on the try", measured the angle and was happy with the result. Transmission installed, time to move onto the hydro clutch.