Making some changes to the interior on my van so I took it down to the subfloor again which is a big step backwards but after living with my van the last 2 years, I wasn’t happy with how I did things and wanting to redo the carpet (again) prompted me to decide to take everything out and build it better.

I’ve purchased black shag and a factory OEM style front area carpet that will fit around the doghouse and all the other areas and will be easier to keep clean. I’ve just about finished fitting the swivel seat bases and getting those powder coated and will install them. I cut my divider walls in half as I wasn’t loving the permanent separation and wanted to move the speakers as well. I was never 100 % sold on the final shape I built so I kept the lower upholstered half wall section and will trim it out and should look great. Now that everything is out, I will carpet the whole floor this time including the rear wheel wells and partially up the side walls under the rear bed area for a finished look. Then I’ll re install the bed structure and bolt it into the subfloor. Last time I built the bed, i installed it over the wood subfloor and I decided to carpet around everything and didn’t even get the rear area done so it just felt incorrect and more of a pain to do it that way.

This van has taken me considerably longer than I think I ever could imagine and my list to finish the vision I have for the interior is still so long. But I’m committed to doing it right and feel so much better about the changes I’m making and even fixed some problems with a few minor things and it should be great this time around.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]