Had a little time to work on the van today after work.
Drilled and added more bolts to the frame to add strength, not its sitting on its wheels, no more jack stands.
Here are a few photos to show the progress
1st - Here is a picture showing the driver side. I cut a 4" pice from the section I removed and added it as a band aid on the inside. This is showing how well it fits together with some small sheet metal screws. Now it's ready to weld.
The next picture shows the inside, you can see the small piece of metal binding the two half's together. This shape fits perfect on the curves, so all I had to do is clean the paint off on the outside so I can weld later
This is showing the inside floor. I had a 2" overhang so all I had to do is screw it together. Ready to weld now
The last one here is showing the roof. Again a 2" overhang put together with screws. All ready to weld.