Hi to all. 2 days ago I managed to move my Van to a new spot in my drive way. I am now able to get myself all around the van and not just on one side so I will be able to continue with my project. I will post a few pics today now that I can get to the front.
Hi a few more pics of what I had to make for my van. First I could not find a place where I could get the clips for the beading and the sliding door plastic for the door so I had to make molds I managed to loan a few samples and I was able to cast some in plastic which worked pretty well. The first pic top is original and bottom was the ones I cast. Second pic both were cast. Next was a new boss for the steering. The wiring has been a nightmare as I had to move all the door wiring from the left side to the right side. The 0411 pcm is in between the front seat. I will be making a box in the center so that my park brake and transfer case lever can fit. I had to split the wind shield wiper motor and rotate it a few degrees to make it fit again as the dog box was now in the way, then I had to remanufacture a new arm for the wipers as the were now doing funny things and would not stop where they were supposed to.
Last edited by Overdrive915; October 24th 2021 9:57 am.
Hi All Some more progress on the Van I have managed to fit my brackets and disks on the rear axle and have made spacers for the rear to convert from a 8 lug to a 6 lug. The reason for this is that we are unable to find decent 8 lug rims and the cost to import is just to expensive for us here.The same goes for the rear axle we only have 67 inch here and no 70 inch. The spring perches still have to be move to fit in the existing position. The steering Wheel has now been done and fitted some smaller details are left to be completed.
Last edited by Overdrive915; November 04th 2021 10:08 am.