I already changed my oil pressure and volt gauge out in a previous post but now my speedo is having problems so time to rip it out and replace it with something new
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
I disassembled the gauge all the way to the clear plastic piece which I kept and used to house the new gauge.
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
I figured out where I wanted the gauge to sit since I didn't want it to interfere with the PRND selector display and the button for settings and trip reset was going to go in the hole that was in the stock face.
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
After the hole was cut, I painted it black
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
Yes, I soldered directly to the board- yes the board is hot from factory. As good as this works, it is only temporary- I will eventually swap out the last two gauges- today wasn't their day. At that time, I will be soldering in a plug connecting to the wires.
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
Rpm gauge working perfect! That took a bit of work but I got it all figured out eventually.
[Linked Image from i.servimg.com]
Hard to tell in this picture but I was able to set the odometer on the new GPS unit to match the mileage of the gauge that I removed.

Many years ago I mounted a cb antenna in the middle of the roof but since I wasn't using that hole any longer I bought a screw in GPS antenna and utilized that hole to help pick up satellite signal better. So far I'm extremely happy with it! If you have been thinking about this type is switch, I hope this will help you out 👍🏻

Here is a link to my other gauge swap
https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubb...s-in-stock-gauge-cluster.html#Post764875

Last edited by BigPip; July 14th 2021 10:32 pm.