Thought I might as well start a thread for this one that I've been yammering about in the 'what did you do' thread lately. '78 Econoline that I picked up over the holidays, and it's gonna be a project for sure. House-call mechanic and I are working on it together sporadically. It has been immobile for a few months after it tried to start all by itself, I am surprised the thing had never caught on fire, the wiring was so scary. Trying to baseline it before working on the cosmetics. New brakes, starter, igition switch, thermostat and a new distributor/coil/wires so far. Runs nice now! Next up is the re-wiring job, going to keep it as simple as possible.
Here's where we started:
Here's the new distributor and whatnot after we got it running......all the A/C garbage removed, etc.
Some of the extra fine wiring put together by whatever meth head was mickey mousing under the hood:
No real glam shots until I can get this thing cleaned up - there's a bit more bondo than I like, we'll see what happens whenever it's time to take it to a body shop.