Now the bad news : the guys didn't take time to protect the engine bay below (which I had done
if I knew there wouldn't do it), so there's dust and sand there. So I started blowing air and detailing everything I can.
So let's hope it won't kill too many bearings and that sand won't be worse than rust.
I removed the engine cover to blow air from here too and clean all I can and once done
I'll change the air filter and spark plugs while I'm at it.
Also, the rubber coating (called blackson or blaxon here) on the sides can't be removed with sand blast so it's still there.
Not sure if I knew it, I would have try to scratch it manually after heating, because it's a huge work. Maybe the borders
to make sure it's clean all along.
In the meantime I've ordered loads of replacement parts to rebuild all the front and rear suspension, the drive shaft, breaks, exhaust...
I finally ordered 2100lbs spring leafs (biggest expense for a single part) which should come today.
I already screwed up a u-joint when remounting it and reverse mounted the driveshaft center support...
pheewww.. not sure rebuilding will be faster than disassembly