Hello everyone. My gf and I have a Vandura van build on our hands and we have several questions for anyone willing to help out. I have some basic experience in modding / tinkering with cars (no vans) and while she doesn't, she is highly motivated, capable, and DIY-minded. I'm just gonna go for a list here and anything that you're able to help with is greatly appreciated. I've been lurking this forum for a while now and love everything I see. Thank you!!
1) Seat leaning up/down handle - The plastic handle's spindle grooves have stripped and the chair is no longer able to recline unless we get a vice grip on the metal teeth to hold it down (haven't done this to preserve function). Is there an online source for this handle, and if so, what is the part? We are willing to go to a junk yard, but just have not gotten around to doing that yet.
2) Passenger side opening doors - These make a high pitch squeaking noise when we drive at moderate to high speeds. Any ideas on how we can get it to be quieter?
3) Tire mount location - We are all for a rear driver side door mount, and I have read the pros and cons of this (big thread on this forum about it), but is there a better option than this that isn't too expensive? Of course a new bumper with an integrated mount would be the best, but what about a mount that goes under the van? Is anyone able to recommend a mount for the rear door or under the van?
4) Identify front dash black circles - I just have no clue what these are for?
5) AUX module possibility - Has anyone added an auxiliary audio module to the OEM stereo? I would love to drill out a small hole in the dash and just be able to plug and play with a device.
6) Speaker upgrade for dash - Is there a frugal or simple way to improve the front speakers that is fairly easy and straightforward?
7) Floor condition & rust - Any feedback on how we should treat or refinish the metal floor? We are wanting to sound proof, insulate, and frame the floor with wood paneling. So far we've taken up all the carpet and are having to deal with adhesive, residue, holes, and small amounts of surface rust.
Again, any thoughts, feedback, or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!