Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: Robo's Lowrider Boogie Van
RoboforcerX2000 #748944 May 27th 2019 7:20 am
Supreme Master
Supreme Master
Excellent work. So much wicked cool stuff going on here.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Arianrhod:2003 Chevy Astro
Black Magic: 1985 Dodge B-250
Serenity:1985 Chevy G-20
The Outcast:1983 Ford club wagon
Luna 1974 VW bay window transporter
Freedom:1990 Ford E-150(parts van)
Outcast Vanners van club
Support your local 2%
AdSense long
RoboforcerX2000 #748964 May 27th 2019 10:17 pm
OP Offline
Thanks guys, appreciate the heads up!
Now a bit of rant... Some young guys at automotive shops lack of common sense. I went to pick up washer fluid tube and one guy just couldn't figure it out how to help me. As my wipers are at the top now I need close to 10ft of tubing to route from my canister to the wipers. Home Depot plumbing stuff won't do coz it'll crack in winter and I needed a rubber tube sold by a foot or similar length roll. I asked a guy where to look for it and he was like a broken record keep on asking me for make/model/year and was saying that without it he can't help. Like a feckin old Windows- throws "error" and that's it, no way around. Power down and looking at me like a goat to new gates... Jeez, it's just a tube, it cannot be more simple than that! Lost my patience playing chess with a pigeon (they just knock down chess pieces off the board and walk around with the head held high:) and it took me less time to scout through the whole shop to find what I was looking for, than trying to explain him that any rubber tube will do me. Maybe he would be better selling condoms in a drug store where people are too shy to ask for inner diameter of the rubber...LOL

If it's broken- I'll fix it! If it's not- I'll break it to figure it out how it works so I can fix it.
RoboforcerX2000 #749165 June 01st 2019 11:58 pm
OP Offline
Finally got a chance to lower my back. I took one overload leaf spring and next shortest one.

[Linked Image]

As you can see from the pic I didn't do it the right way by disassembling whole leaf system. Bushing mount bolts were rust-seized and wasn't coming out at all. It stripped the rubber and started spin around with their retaining tube inside. I just couldn't hammer them out. So I just cut that second leaf leaving it's ends on existing leafs for alignment. I was planning to drill another hole in a mount, 3 inches higher to raise my front bushing so I can get that extra inch an a half lower but it didn't happen as I couldn't get them bolts out.
Two leafs were nearly an inch combined and with some sag from weaker rest of the leafs my back dropped 2 and a quarter inches. I needed that extra inch a half down but it is what it is. If I want to make that changes I have to get another bushings and bolts as old ones would have to be cut, front and rear as new ones would have to be pressed in. In other words it's not worth coz later there will be 4-link suspension with airbags and leafs will end up as scrap metal anyway.
She sits much nicer now anyway, and the ride is much smoother as well. I'll get another picture when it's level later.

[Linked Image]

If it's broken- I'll fix it! If it's not- I'll break it to figure it out how it works so I can fix it.
RoboforcerX2000 #749170 June 02nd 2019 9:59 am
veteran
veteran
Lookin bitchin' man! Keep knocking it out.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
RoboforcerX2000 #755744 January 12th 2020 10:48 pm
OP Offline
'Sup lads, did you miss me? :))
I've been gone for few reasons. Separated, and due to that I ended up not having anywhere to work on the van, not even outside. And when the weather turned shite then things went to nearly full stop. Since I was gone of the forum I still did some work on the van:)

Brand new fuel tank. Even they are galvanized, extra primer will only help:

[Linked Image]

Once fuel tank was swapped then I could get my hich done so I can haul my ATV/bike on a small trailer. I didn't want original GM one as it is sticking out quite a bit. I got one from 06' Toyota Sienna, shortened 6in to fit, welded together. This way when I make my own fiberglass bumpers, my number plates will hide the hole and it'll be all flush to the line of the doors.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Put small mirrors on:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

RoboforcerX2000 #755745 January 12th 2020 11:02 pm
OP Offline
Got some bodywork done as well:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also in the pic you see my aircraft style fuel filling cap. Looks cool indeed but I had to modify my filling tube with breather:

[Linked Image]

Being a cheapskate hit me in a nutsack here... I didn't want to pay mad money for flexible fuel hose, adapter for breather and so on, so I bent and welded existing steal one. Not that it has nearly 90deg bent, at a gas station I can't put fueling pistol fully in and not to spill any gas I can fill only at 1/4 to 1/3rd speed of the trigger. Filling my tank with gas became a long painstaking process... lol
Oh well, not the the first time I'm sacrificing convenience for the looks, definitely not the last time either:)

RoboforcerX2000 #755747 January 12th 2020 11:37 pm
OP Offline
MORE POWAAAAAH !!!!

I have quest to squeeze out close to 400hp from my 305 V8 sbc:) Some might say it's not worth it but no, I do not want an LS swap. For me it's worth moneywise coz I have a good source of close to nothing $$$ parts and the work that my mechanic brother does to help me is measured by amount of beer:) And one thing at the time doesn't hurt my wallet much.
I'll have freeflow exhaust, performance intake manifold, on to which I'll slap 454 throttle body onto my 305 and a superchip to deal with all that extra fuel and air. Cold air intake with inverted scoop on the hood and eventually big job will be swapping cam with lifters and performance aluminium block heads. More likely all of this is not coming this year coz I want my airbags in first but we'll see:)

Let's start from exhaust. Got long tube headers and wrapped them in fiberglass. Geez, my wrist wasn't that sore since I was a teenager... lol It's true dual, coming out both sides in front of rear wheels. 3in exit from headers, a foot of tube, then 26in glass pack mufflers, and another 2 feet of bent pipe. It is really short, has that "bop bop" american muscle sound while idling and quite enough on low revs. But when I boot the pedal I'm getting an orgasm... I already feel increase in power, especially from mid to end range of throttle:)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

RoboforcerX2000 #755748 January 12th 2020 11:41 pm
OP Offline
Stock air intake sucks:

[Linked Image]

So let's make it breathe easier with cold air intake:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

RoboforcerX2000 #755750 January 13th 2020 12:01 am
OP Offline
There's mixed opinions about throttle body spacers, but I'm going with dyno test based research that shows a wee bit increase of power. Even if it's just a tiny bit, I need it:)
I didn't double checked the size of the holes and my came with smaller holes than my tbi ports. There's a lip of ~3mm therefore air is restricted atm. I wouldn't have put it in but while taking my tbi off the gasket was destroyed and no shops were open during Xmas. And didn't want to drive without a gasket with fuel leaking on the engine so I put it in and when I got my gasket I took it out. My buddy on milling machine will bore out the holes to the right diameter and I'll put it back in later.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  Astro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
1 members (Meanmachine), 21 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
SDMickey 125
CatFish 25
frscke1 25
Wedgy 21
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics35,746