It has been a while, but after paying some bucks to photobucket, we can continue with the resto of the Tradewinds.
Last time we did the big problems on the body and replaced some sheetmetal. In the meantime we started with all the minor spots. The underside is 100% solid, so all the spots are on the body. Scratches/chips out of the paint/ cracks/ little rostspots
Okay, no story without pics, so let's start with the drivers door.
That didn't close so good, because there is also some weight from a block solid wood where they carved "Tradewinds" out of, and the door is used for 40+ years. The hinges are good, but behind the lower one, there is a big metal plate to support it. On the upper side there isn't one :(, so i took one out of a parts van and we mounted that behind the hinge on the inside.
Ther were some cracks from hanging, so we took care of it.
Here we took the door out;
Had no help, so i used the crane with good protection foam.
The lowest bolts are done from the inside and the upper 3 bolts are in the same compartment as the wipermoter etc. I took a large extender (3,5 feet) to reach it and that went well.
Here on the right side you see the 3 bolts. They were really tightned so i took an air wrench to get them loose.
Couldn't do it by hand.
Here you see the distance of the wrench
There it was, door is out.
Over here is the problem visable;
Here the welding has started and through the upper hole you can see the steel plate. Its almost 0,5 inch thick and supports as much as possible on the inside, so he will be never ever hanging again
Next time the other spots.
Share your comment here or if you have any questions.
See you in a couple of days.