Vanning.com logo
Boxdin
Site Navigation


Advertisements
Recent Posts
88 G20 slow resurrection
by frscke1. September 22nd 2019 4:17 pm
What Did You do To your Van Today?
by Wedgy. September 22nd 2019 12:16 pm
Bblintpicker's 77 Dodge, "Devil's Way" Street Van
by Wedgy. September 22nd 2019 9:22 am
van photographer
by dix. September 22nd 2019 8:38 am
Converting my G20 to RHD and 4x4
by Overdrive915. September 22nd 2019 6:00 am
TABLES! Share some info pics please.
by shaggy. September 21st 2019 4:07 pm
Newbie in NW Louisiana
by frscke1. September 21st 2019 3:19 pm
Anybody in the Walden/Newburgh/Plat
tkill, NY area??

by BudVanBeer1. September 21st 2019 1:21 pm
MID DODGE
by mccarlk. September 21st 2019 10:15 am
Featured Links
Vanning.Com is a an authorized Amsoil Dealer


Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Aug 31 drive in night in SC #751548
August 12th 2019 10:39 am
August 12th 2019 10:39 am
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Vanners are few and far between around here, but there are about a dozen folks with vans that I have met between Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. we are trying to get as many vans together as we can to hit the Drive-in Theater here in Beaufort, SC on Saturday August 31. No clue what the movie will even be, but it would be cool to have a row of Vans at the movie. The more the merrier!

Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: NEmery] #751555
August 12th 2019 1:46 pm
August 12th 2019 1:46 pm
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,832
Georgia, USA
CatFish Offline
carpal tunnel
CatFish  Offline
carpal tunnel
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,832
Georgia, USA
Is that the Highway 21? We'd love to be there but it's close to 300 miles for us. cry


"The best break anybody ever gets is in bein' alive in the first place."

Porky Pine
Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: CatFish] #751557
August 12th 2019 2:18 pm
August 12th 2019 2:18 pm
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Originally Posted by CatFish
Is that the Highway 21? We'd love to be there but it's close to 300 miles for us. cry




yeah, that's the one. 300miles is a long ass haul!

Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: NEmery] #751588
August 13th 2019 11:03 am
August 13th 2019 11:03 am
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,231
East Brady, PA
M
Meanmachine Offline
veteran
Meanmachine  Offline
veteran
M
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,231
East Brady, PA
Beaufort, SC, my Dad and Mom lived there while he was in the Marine Corp during WWII. Many years ago they showed me some pics of when they lived there. In 1974 we went on vacation and stopped in Beaufort to see some of their old friends and toured the Parris Island Marine Base. My father was like a little kid on Christmas morning reunited with a bunch of Marines. I remember watching the soldiers drilling, it was around 105 degrees that day.

Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: Meanmachine] #751608
August 14th 2019 10:52 am
August 14th 2019 10:52 am
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Originally Posted by Meanmachine
Beaufort, SC, my Dad and Mom lived there while he was in the Marine Corp during WWII. Many years ago they showed me some pics of when they lived there. In 1974 we went on vacation and stopped in Beaufort to see some of their old friends and toured the Parris Island Marine Base. My father was like a little kid on Christmas morning reunited with a bunch of Marines. I remember watching the soldiers drilling, it was around 105 degrees that day.


The USMC brought me here as well (in 1996 to PI, and again in 1997 to be stationed here for the next 9 years), and I moved back here a few years ago. It is definitely hot here through the summers! LOL.

Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: NEmery] #751622
August 14th 2019 5:23 pm
August 14th 2019 5:23 pm
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,182
Virginia
Wizard78 Offline
Supreme Master
Wizard78  Offline
Supreme Master
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 18,182
Virginia
Originally Posted by NEmery
Vanners are few and far between around here, but there are about a dozen folks with vans that I have met between Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. we are trying to get as many vans together as we can to hit the Drive-in Theater here in Beaufort, SC on Saturday August 31. No clue what the movie will even be, but it would be cool to have a row of Vans at the movie. The more the merrier!



Man I sure remember Back in the day when we use to take up the whole back row with VANS van Good Times


Everyday above ground is a Good Day!!!
Never Stop Vannin'

Member of Break Away Vanners
Host of Spring Break
At Shenandoah Acres Family Campground

Owner & Creator of Wizard's Van-In Videos
Member of Riding High Truckers from 1982 to 1996
2nd Member of The Toopa Sinner Tribe
Member of Free Bird Vanners 1996 to Present
Member of Cape Atlantic Truckers South Jersey
Host Club of Freeze Out
Certified Nats Judge
Member of Shenandoah Valley Vans
Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: Wizard78] #751637
August 15th 2019 7:21 am
August 15th 2019 7:21 am
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Originally Posted by Wizard78

Man I sure remember Back in the day when we use to take up the whole back row with VANS van Good Times

this is what I would like to do on labor day weekend. lol


'79 Chevy G30, '91 Ford Econoline Winnebago Conversion, and a '77 Dodge B100

[Linked Image]
Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: NEmery] #751642
August 15th 2019 2:42 pm
August 15th 2019 2:42 pm
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,832
Georgia, USA
CatFish Offline
carpal tunnel
CatFish  Offline
carpal tunnel
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,832
Georgia, USA
The drive-in in Tiger Georgia invites clubs and even encourages over night parking/camping.
http://tigerdrivein.com/home/events/


"The best break anybody ever gets is in bein' alive in the first place."

Porky Pine
Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: CatFish] #751722
August 19th 2019 8:39 am
August 19th 2019 8:39 am
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Originally Posted by CatFish
The drive-in in Tiger Georgia invites clubs and even encourages over night parking/camping.
http://tigerdrivein.com/home/events/

327 miles from me.

Re: Aug 31 drive in night in SC [Re: NEmery] #751934
August 27th 2019 8:36 am
August 27th 2019 8:36 am
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
NEmery Offline OP
enthusiast
NEmery  Offline OP
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 302
Beaufort, SC USA
Hope to see some Vanners that I don't know about show up on Saturday. haha. the movies are listed and they are doing triple features.

Screen 1:
Toy Story 4
Dora
Lion King

Screen 2:
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Ready or Not
47 Meters Deep


We are going to hit screen 2. I am pretty certain that this is the small screen, unfortunately. I am sure I will not stay for all 3.

Vans are more than welcome to come back to my place and camp in the yard. if we have enough show up, maybe a Fire and drinks will have to happen.


Moderated by  Astro 

Donate


Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1 guest and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
stampsicle, Primate5er, gphinney, Deagle2008, Telecastorbob
11139 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Reed 46
frscke1 45
CatFish 15
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics36,334
Posts523,839
Members11,140
Most Online177
May 8th, 2013

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1